U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,307,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sounds like a David Karesh type of Character
IMO, David Koresh mixed with Jimmy Swaggart. Again, IMO only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 04:44 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,278,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sounds like a David Karesh type of Character
There's similarities. In "his defense", I suppose, I don't think he stockpiled weapons. I mean I don't see that as much of a defense, Warren Jeffs and the like I don't think stockpiled weapons either.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:51 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,282,102 times
Someone in your area must have given him a donation and I bet that was how he decided to have the flyers distributed in your area. It wouldn't surprise to find that is how he decides area he targets.

I remember this guy. He mailed pages and pages and pages of stuff to people where I used to work. Found out it was an employee who gave him the address so she could get his packages sent to her at work. The guy does his homework because he found the names of the employers there and sent the same to them.

I went into his website to see who he was and don't ya know the guy found my address just from that. I never said my name and I didn't give my address but he had to have been able to get my e-maill address, even though I didn't give that either, because he sent me a package with my e-mail name instead of my real name. I always wondered how the hell he got my mailing address without knowing my real name? The only way I could think of is the prisoners must be good at hacking into the computers of people who go into his site.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:17 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,554,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Someone in your area must have given him a donation and I bet that was how he decided to have the flyers distributed in your area. It wouldn't surprise to find that is how he decides area he targets.

I remember this guy. He mailed pages and pages and pages of stuff to people where I used to work. Found out it was an employee who gave him the address so she could get his packages sent to her at work. The guy does his homework because he found the names of the employers there and sent the same to them.

I went into his website to see who he was and don't ya know the guy found my address just from that. I never said my name and I didn't give my address but he had to have been able to get my e-maill address, even though I didn't give that either, because he sent me a package with my e-mail name instead of my real name. I always wondered how the hell he got my mailing address without knowing my real name? The only way I could think of is the prisoners must be good at hacking into the computers of people who go into his site.
There is no privacy on the internet. The internet is very much similar to the old telephone "Party Lines" that were in use until at least the 1950s. Quick rule of thumb, on the internet if you can see it, so can somebody else.

Once you get an email address you can find a lot of information. especially if they have ever used it in a post any place or on any of the social net works. do a search for your email address on google, the results may scare you.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:34 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,274,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Tony Alamo is an American cult leader and convicted child sex offender. He and his late wife Susan were the founders of an organization known as Tony Alamo Christian Ministries. The organization is based in and around Fouke and Alma, Arkansas, In 2009, Alamo was convicted on 10 counts of interstate transportation of minors for illegal sexual purposes, rape, sexual assault, and contributing to the delinquency of minors.
175 years ain't enough

Old 09-24-2011, 07:54 PM

8,174 posts, read 9,386,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
This guy must still have lots of followers and they don't mind driving into private parking structures and putting their flyers or newsletters on everyones cars. I didn't know who he was but the entire flyer was about how his accusers all lied about what it was he did. My point is that if someone has a single accuser OK who knows what happened. When many people are accusing you of doing the same thing then chances are the case is not going to fall in your favor. Anyone who would harm, violate, or have sex with a child is not someone I want in society, and when a half dozen kids say that some man did something to them I am going to side with the kids.
Cult members tend to be a tenacious bunch.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:39 AM

6,958 posts, read 4,316,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Cult members tend to be a tenacious bunch.
Yes, they usually think their cult leader is their best friend ever and will lie about miracles and things like that in order to defend him.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:14 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,282,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There is no privacy on the internet. The internet is very much similar to the old telephone "Party Lines" that were in use until at least the 1950s. Quick rule of thumb, on the internet if you can see it, so can somebody else.

Once you get an email address you can find a lot of information. especially if they have ever used it in a post any place or on any of the social net works. do a search for your email address on google, the results may scare you.

That is scary. I can see getting email address and real names of people who willingly give it out on a public forum, social network but not when it's only for the purpose of registering on that site and that, to me, and I would hope everyone else, really should stay private on that site. I don't go into facebook or myspace and when I post here I have never given my real name or my email address in any posts or threads. I did a Google and Bing search on my email address and nothing that even remotely looks like it's about me comes up. Just businesses. I typed it in different ways with the spaces, without spaces, with the www. and without, etc etc. Problem is you can't completely avoid it because you have to register your computer in your real name or you won't be able to update your security when the name and address has to match up with the payment.I feel sorry for people who didn't know the internet would come to this and did post their real names, email address in public forums. Imagine going into sites just to goof off or learn about how other people live only to find out years later they will be judged by what sites they go into. Not only that but be judged for their opinions, especially on hot topics. It's getting to the point where anyone can use your auto town sticker with the municipality you reside in and your license plate to track where your address is and then it might be possible, I don't know for sure, to get the email address of each individual. Perhaps being registered with DMV online would make it possible then. Just put the information in any search site and find out what you want to know to do whatever you want to that person. This is scary considering that this Tony Allamo has acces to both when his followers put those flyers on the cars. Maybe it's not a bad idea to change email address every so often and do what others here have suggested have one for curious sites and another for just family/friends.
Sorry for the way this post looks. My paragraphs won't stay when I click to save post and my spell check isn't working to well either

Old 09-25-2011, 10:30 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,274,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Yes, they usually think their cult leader is their best friend ever and will lie about miracles and things like that in order to defend him.
And today (Sunday) is their weekly meeting day

Old 09-25-2011, 10:38 AM

7,088 posts, read 12,719,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
175 years ain't enough
It might be if they had him hanging by his thumbs for that long. OR.....upside down by one ankle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality