U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:48 AM

1,602 posts, read 2,632,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You mean you get to pick and choose which rules you'll follow and which ones you'll ignore
And I have scripture for that:
Read:
Galatians 1:6-10
John 14:15
Rev. 14:12

And remember, not at anytime on this diologue did I express what I personally think. On the opening post, I only asked a simple question concerning the Bible and the Muslim Koran. I was only trying to find out what the differences were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 12:33 PM

15,727 posts, read 9,116,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
From my version of the Holy Bible, the 'New International Version', it's very explicit. What does your version of the Holy Bible say??????
You are aware the Bible wasn't written in English right? There are a lot of flaws with any English Bible. The NIV completely omits verses found in the KJV for example.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,711,947 times
Hey Vinyly, you have been avoiding the question. Are you afraid to answer Boxcar?

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Answer please. Are you sinning?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Many protestant churches have made compromises to the Bible, specially when it comes to homosexuality, for the sake of political correctness.

Or do you actually mean, for the sake of humanitarianism?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,099,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Or for the sake of basic human decency.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Probably both but your term is probably more correct.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:03 PM

And what about the question Vinyly? Are you violating God's command in Leviticus to not cut your hair or shave?

Old 09-22-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Hey Vinyly, you have been avoiding the question. Are you afraid to answer Boxcar?

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Answer please. Are you sinning?
As I said, I am avoiding to voice any personal opinion because my opening post was about Christian vs. Moslim on homosexuality. I do not want this diologue to become personal but instead, strictly objective.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:07 PM

15,727 posts, read 9,116,074 times
Quote:
As I said, I am avoiding to voice any personal opinion because my opening post was about Christian vs. Moslim on homosexuality. I do not want this diologue to become personal but instead, strictly objective.
You already made it personal when you cited 5 out of context verses and claimed God condemns homosexuality in the Holy Bible, despite the fact that you ignore the overwhelming majority of God's laws.

Now you're just backpedaling.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:10 PM

148 posts, read 257,469 times
Dear Vinylly,

There is no commandment in the Quran to kill gays, but their story is obvious that they are to be destroyed as they destroy the nature that God has made. Yet, the prophet, peace be upon him, explained that they are to be killed.

I believe it is Not the feeling that God will punish them for, but it is the practice of sex with the same gender. As long as they don't practice sex, they are not to be punished by death.

If you ask any sinner muslim, you will find him accepting the punishment he is to get. This is why he is a muslim. But those who refuse (to refuse is different than to escape from the punishment. You can escape, but not refuse) or try to change the rules of God, they are sinner disbelievers.

The difference is that the muslims (those who submit to the Will of God) will get out of Hell, but the disbelievers will not.

Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him, suggested that muslims should hide their sinful brothers, but if they show off, the punishment will be due.

Actually, destruction is natural when Peace rules are rejected. But the strainge thing is when I stay under Peace Light, while I have stransgressed His limits. That is an evidence for me that the Peace is Merciful.

Let us seek God's forgiveness and repent to Him and help others to repent.

Also, just a hint due to experience: Isolate yourself from people (at least for hours) to purify yourself for God, you will know in reality what the Peace is (You will not comprehend the Peace as the Peace is Infinit, but you will know about Him what you didn't know before that).

Leave all those who cut off your way to God, and enjoy real life brother.

May Allah doesn't block us from Himself, eventhough we deserve such ever lasting Hell.

Peace.

Last edited by a slave of Allah; 09-22-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality