U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM

78 posts, read 186,999 times

Advertisements

Everyone knows holy islamic book known as the koran yet people do not know of its origins and it's given purpose. This is the years near 900 A.D prophet mohammad is born in the city of medina whom has a wealthy family and born of a merchant. Their is much more to the koran than even modern muslims know. Mohamad was in fact not mentioned till 300 years until the koran was created. People might call me a "infidel" or a arrest me for "apostasy". The story goes that a sect of muslims known as the ahnedwa whom today reside in the indonesia who believe mohammad wasn't the last prophet but they believe in a new messiah. In fact many indonesian muslims tortured and killed them as well as persecutued them.

Yet their is proof that mohammad wasn't mentioned entirely till the 12th century A.D because coins where created to in fact inscribe his name. Well the koran mentions mohammad 32 times yet they mention the virgin mary 110 times. So catholiscisms most precious women is quite well mentioned in the koran. i studied arabic for many years at an arabic school called bridge academy. I know how to read and write in arabic as well as interpret it a lot. here is a verse from the koran from arabic to english.

And when it is said to them: Come, the Apostle of Allah will ask forgiveness for you, they turn back their heads and you may see them turning away while they are big with pride.

Moderator cut: English only in posts

Many wonder why the Koran is written in arabic. In fact at one time arabic was a lot different than modern arabic. As every language in history it changes over time so does religion change. In fact arabic use to have more than the letters we have today as well as been changed over the course of history. In fact mohammad never actually spoke arabic himself he spoke a early semitic language known as Fash'a arabic which is now dead and can't be spoken today. The koran is written in suras or books which contain Saliiki(poems) and ishka(songs) also the koran is a book revered by muslims in fact that it must be put on the highest point in your house. In fact those who put the koran on the ground are considered to go to hell(masef). Muslims believe (God became a book) while christians believe (the word became god) entirely their are three contradictions in the Quran:

1) those who go against the will of allah must be put to death(suras chapter 6:verse 9-12)
respect those that live by the book or scripture, if they are willing to die for their faith let them do so for even I shall let them go. Suras chapter 17:verse:3-4)

2) Who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and cut asunder what Allah has ordered to be joined, and make mischief in the land; these it is that are the losers. (suras chapter 17: verses 8-9)

late as the fire goes out ,my words have passed unto you that my covenant will one day go away ,but even my covenent isn't entirely forever till my return. (suras chapter 28: verse 15 -21)

3) And when We appointed a time of forty nights with Musa, then you took the calf (for a god) after him and you were unjust.
Then We pardoned you after that so that you might give thanks. (suras chapter 54: verse 1-6)

And when Musa said to his people: O my people! you have surely been unjust to yourselves by taking the calf (for a god), therefore turn to your Creator (penitently), so kill your people, that is best for you with your Creator: so He turned to you (mercifully), for surely He is the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful. (suras chapter 9: verse 2-6)

Reason why # 1 has contradictions is because they disrespect christians & jews and then says if they die for their faith they have a place in heaven.

Reason why # 2 has contradictions is because Allah denies his own covenant with the muslims.

reason why # 3 has contradictions is because they worshipped the calf yet their is no idol worship in islam then allah warns them about the calf yet they still worshipped it aloud.......

Well these are only three contradictions in the koran yet their are others as well....as much as I can say as a former muslim every religion has it's trials. Yet we alone can't give up.........just because of dis-concern.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-22-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,073 times
From what I understand there are websites that explain the contradictions much like it said when someone says the bible contradicts itself.

For me it isn't about the bible vs the Koran, it is about how a person lives their life and what the intent is of their pursuits. The extremist muslim who blows up people follows the koran, the man who shot and killed the abortionist George Tiller followed the bible.

Each respective book didn't mean a damn thing to these peoples character.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:39 PM

7,856 posts, read 6,660,208 times
The bible was written through the Prophets of the Lord from Moses who established the first books of the Words of God 3650 years ago according to tradition of the calender.... and the bible continued to be wrote for 1700 years to get the most complete account of the will of God to date.....for the Bible for though who go against the will of the son of God Lord Jesus Christ that these people will still be loved and protected through out their lives in hope of the Lord that they will come to Jesus and find the rest that he gives.....If people break covenant with Lord Jesus Christ that Jesus spirit will back off from their lives and let them go in the hope of Heaven that they will turn back to Jesus and be in covenant again before they may pass away from this world ....Lord Jesus Christ the son of God commands His people to never kill any body for Him and if you do , then it is a blaspheme against his will, because Christian are not called to hold up God with hurting others for God can take care of Himself to be sure.......

Old 09-22-2011, 03:14 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,568,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch123 View Post
Everyone knows holy islamic book known as the koran yet people do not know of its origins and it's given purpose. This is the years near 900 A.D prophet mohammad is born in the city of medina whom has a wealthy family and born of a merchant. Their is much more to the koran than even modern muslims know. Mohamad was in fact not mentioned till 300 years until the koran was created. People might call me a "infidel" or a arrest me for "apostasy". The story goes that a sect of muslims known as the ahnedwa whom today reside in the indonesia who believe mohammad wasn't the last prophet but they believe in a new messiah. In fact many indonesian muslims tortured and killed them as well as persecutued them.

Yet their is proof that mohammad wasn't mentioned entirely till the 12th century A.D because coins where created to in fact inscribe his name. Well the koran mentions mohammad 32 times yet they mention the virgin mary 110 times. So catholiscisms most precious women is quite well mentioned in the koran. i studied arabic for many years at an arabic school called bridge academy. I know how to read and write in arabic as well as interpret it a lot. here is a verse from the koran from arabic to english.

And when it is said to them: Come, the Apostle of Allah will ask forgiveness for you, they turn back their heads and you may see them turning away while they are big with pride.

Moderator cut: English only in posts

Many wonder why the Koran is written in arabic. In fact at one time arabic was a lot different than modern arabic. As every language in history it changes over time so does religion change. In fact arabic use to have more than the letters we have today as well as been changed over the course of history. In fact mohammad never actually spoke arabic himself he spoke a early semitic language known as Fash'a arabic which is now dead and can't be spoken today. The koran is written in suras or books which contain Saliiki(poems) and ishka(songs) also the koran is a book revered by muslims in fact that it must be put on the highest point in your house. In fact those who put the koran on the ground are considered to go to hell(masef). Muslims believe (God became a book) while christians believe (the word became god) entirely their are three contradictions in the Quran:

1) those who go against the will of allah must be put to death(suras chapter 6:verse 9-12)
respect those that live by the book or scripture, if they are willing to die for their faith let them do so for even I shall let them go. Suras chapter 17:verse:3-4)

2) Who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and cut asunder what Allah has ordered to be joined, and make mischief in the land; these it is that are the losers. (suras chapter 17: verses 8-9)

late as the fire goes out ,my words have passed unto you that my covenant will one day go away ,but even my covenent isn't entirely forever till my return. (suras chapter 28: verse 15 -21)

3) And when We appointed a time of forty nights with Musa, then you took the calf (for a god) after him and you were unjust.
Then We pardoned you after that so that you might give thanks. (suras chapter 54: verse 1-6)

And when Musa said to his people: O my people! you have surely been unjust to yourselves by taking the calf (for a god), therefore turn to your Creator (penitently), so kill your people, that is best for you with your Creator: so He turned to you (mercifully), for surely He is the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful. (suras chapter 9: verse 2-6)

Reason why # 1 has contradictions is because they disrespect christians & jews and then says if they die for their faith they have a place in heaven.

Reason why # 2 has contradictions is because Allah denies his own covenant with the muslims.

reason why # 3 has contradictions is because they worshipped the calf yet their is no idol worship in islam then allah warns them about the calf yet they still worshipped it aloud.......

Well these are only three contradictions in the koran yet their are others as well....as much as I can say as a former muslim every religion has it's trials. Yet we alone can't give up.........just because of dis-concern.

Welcome to this board, and thank you for your most informative post. I look forward to reading more about this.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:30 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,061,524 times
Agreed! An excellent and worthwhile post. Thanks to moloch. Fairly clear and worth reading carefully.

Quote:

(rflmn's notes: EThe following is edited for brevity with some key points highlighted)

√Many wonder why the Koran is written in arabic. In fact at one time arabic was a lot different than modern arabic. As every language in history it changes over time so does religion change. In fact arabic use to have more than the letters we have today as well as been changed over the course of history.

√ In fact mohammad never actually spoke arabic himself he spoke a early semitic language known as Fash'a arabic which is now dead and can't be spoken today.

(rflmn's notes: then, referencing the previous points made in this post...)

√ Reason why # 1 has contradictions is because they disrespect christians & jews and then says if they die for their faith they have a place in heaven.

√ Reason why # 2 has contradictions is because Allah denies his own covenant with the muslims.

√ reason why # 3 has contradictions is because they worshipped the calf yet their is no idol worship in islam then allah warns them about the calf yet they still worshipped it aloud.......

There are obviously contradictions in any book that is written over an extended period of time, when "concrete and secure" copies were simply not possible, as is the case in today's digital publishing age.

Back then, it was possible for literally anyone with an agenda to revise, re-write and re-distribute their version of any document. This was never more obvious than in the many many versions of the Christian bible. As a result, we have the devotees of each publication willing to commit vast acts of vengence, mayhem and dishonesty in their fervent protection of some particular printing! Not very convincing, is it?

This does little to guarantee or garner respect for any ancient document, and when you add in the roll of fear and subjugation, of suppression of education and science that has attended all organized religion over the millennia, what then do you have to rely on?

Not much, frankly.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:17 PM

78 posts, read 186,999 times
Smile nothing

I just need to copy & paste this.....

I am randolph boyer I love reading and researching a whole lot my benefactors are history & religion. I love old literature more than modern literature including biblical books & greeko-roman poetry im also a very good writer and i'm very creative when it comes to making stories I have a link to my interpretation of Bel & the dragon
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...n-summary.html

Old 10-13-2011, 10:24 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,709,520 times
Quote:
Everyone knows holy islamic book known as the koran yet people do not know of its origins and it's given purpose. This is the years near 900 A.D prophet mohammad is born in the city of medina
Mohammad died in the year 632, so it would have been very difficult for him to have been born in 900. Pretty much discredits the rest of your fairly long posting, right there in the second sentence.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 AM

2,833 posts, read 4,022,287 times
The Quran just like the Bible was written by man and therefore both are prone to error. One can not say that their book is not with errors because their book says it's infallible, that is like saying that I'm always right because I say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality