U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2011, 12:11 AM
 
2,379 posts, read 2,616,130 times
Reputation: 1191

Advertisements

BoxcarOverkill,
Did you read anything I just posted... how homosexual practices make people sick - even to the point of DEATH???

Homosexuals... both men & women - change partners more often than heterosexuals. Even, homosexual commited partners are more likely to cheat on each other the longer they're together. So... if they were to keep their bodily fluids to themselves, there wouldn't be so much disease spread among homosexuals... yet as it is they don't & even oral sex spreads disease.

 
Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 AM
 
2,031 posts, read 2,307,044 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I'm not sure why the anatomical design of our genitals is important. Most heterosexuals have had, and continue to have, sexual experiences beyond the range of just vaginal intercourse. But I rarely hear anyone object to the unnatural use of the genitals when we heterosexuals do it.

Let me ask you an honest question; do you object to heterosexual oral sex with the same intensity that you object to homosexual oral sex? Anal Sex?

Or do you only get around to criticizing it when it's gay people who use their genitals in exotic ways?

Because according you your logic, we should only rightfully use our genitals for vaginal intercourse.
Just a variation on the "But, it's not natural!" argument made by people who haven't bothered to notice that our lives are filled with wonderful unnatural activities and devices (what's 'natural' about skiing, or wearing eyeglasses, or space travel, or pacemakers, after all?). These people, unless they live naked in caves, clearly approve of all sorts of unnatural things.

If only they'd think through the implications of what they try and pass off as 'logic'...
 
Old 10-18-2011, 12:16 AM
 
2,379 posts, read 2,616,130 times
Reputation: 1191
When one is in denial about anatomy, it's no wonder if they are in denial about many other things... which I'm guessing accounts for the lack of ability to debate without calling names.

Before anymore accusations are attempted toward me or any others who see anatomy & how we were each conceived for what it is... I will list the attempts at accusations for you. "Deal"?

1. The "Whoah is me" - pity card is played, acting as if homosexuals are being harassed, even when they aren't.

2. They demand that others support them impulsively acting on their thought-produced feelings. Statistics clearly indicate homosexuals change partners frequently so are more likely to contract & spread AIDS & STDs, yet they will look the other way regarding dangerous sex practices & persuade others to think being loving is going along with what others want, not what is best.

3. They want "equal rights' yet deny others rights to free speech, & respect of significant religious beliefs.

4. They call others names, like homophobic, simply for objecting to harmful behavior statisitcally displayed prominantly by homosexuals, even when one has repeated they love & do not fear family & friends with homosexual preferences.

5. They accuse others of being "closet" homosexuals for opposing homosexuality.

6. They claim babies are born with the preference to have sex with someone of the same sex, when babies brains are only 25% developed, waiting for environmental influences to help complete development.

7. They claim that if animals do it, it's natural & acceptable for humans, when most regard animalistic behavior as uncivil, considering some eat their young & hump anything.

8. They compare human consciousness with animal consciousness.

9. They deny psychological & environmental influences.

10. They believe that children & parents should have no choice but for schools to teach children about homosexuality. They believe that vulnerable children should be instructed & sometimes encouraged in anatomically unnatural sexual practices.

11. They insist others believe their beliefs & if they don't, they will try to hurt them by calling names, or even hurting them financially, legally or in their career.

12. They will make ridiculous comparisons, again trying to get pity. They will try to compare homosexuals with African American persecution, or as mentioned - comparison with animals. Some will try to compare the risky sexual behavior of homosexuals with heterosexual teen pregnancy.

13. They will play the pity card often...Also refered to as positive discrimination. They point to a personal trait (ie homosexuality) which somehow justifies their actions or inability to do something they'd ordinarily be expected to do (like behave responsibly sexually). They use guilt-trips when others state something they get offended by, in hopes they take it back.
What they don't realize, is this behavior often enforced negative stereotypes & hurts those who want to be treated like normal human beings.

14. They blame others. They may even blame those who oppose homosexual risky behavior, for the consequences of the risky behavior of homosexuals. They also may blame those who oppose homosexual harmful behavior of hating people, even when they have repeated they love people & hate harmful behavior.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 12:18 AM
 
Location: OKC
5,426 posts, read 5,587,302 times
Reputation: 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
BoxcarOverkill,
Did you read anything I just posted... how homosexual practices make people sick - even to the point of DEATH???

Homosexuals... both men & women - change partners more often than heterosexuals. Even, commited partners are more likely to cheat on each other the longer they're together. So... if they were to keep their bodily fluids to themselves, there wouldn't be so much disease spread among homosexuals... yet as it is they don't & even oral sex spreads disease.
Sure I read what you wrote:
Quote:
Obviously, anatomically, we are designed to be heterosexual.
If you must, look at an anatomy picture, or check out your own.
Do you recall writing that?

If that's true for homosexual anal or oral sex, it's true for heterosexual anal or oral sex, no? Your objection on anatomical grounds should be the same regardless of whether the couple is hetero or homosexual - unless you happen to just not like gay folks.

Right now, I'm only challenge your objection to homosexuality based on the anatomical un-naturalness of the act.

We can get into your other argument after you concede this one.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 12:40 AM
 
2,031 posts, read 2,307,044 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
When one is in denial about anatomy, it's no wonder if they are in denial about many other things... which I'm guessing accounts for the lack of ability to debate without calling names.

Before anymore accusations are attempted toward me or any others who see anatomy & how we were each conceived for what it is... I will list the attempts at accusations for you. "Deal"?

1. The "Whoah is me" - pity card is played, acting as if homosexuals are being harassed, even when they aren't.

2. They demand that others support them impulsively acting on their thought-produced feelings. Statistics clearly indicate homosexuals change partners frequently so are more likely to contract & spread AIDS & STDs, yet they will look the other way regarding dangerous sex practices & persuade others to think being loving is going along with what others want, not what is best.

3. They want "equal rights' yet deny others rights to free speech, & respect of significant religious beliefs.

4. They call others names, like homophobic, simply for objecting to harmful behavior statisitcally displayed prominantly by homosexuals, even when one has repeated they love & do not fear family & friends with homosexual preferences.

5. They accuse others of being "closet" homosexuals for opposing homosexuality.

6. They claim babies are born with the preference to have sex with someone of the same sex, when babies brains are only 25% developed, waiting for environmental influences to help complete development.

7. They claim that if animals do it, it's natural & acceptable for humans, when most regard animalistic behavior as uncivil, considering some eat their young & hump anything.

8. They compare human consciousness with animal consciousness.

9. They deny psychological & environmental influences.

10. They believe that children & parents should have no choice but for schools to teach children about homosexuality. They believe that vulnerable children should be instructed & sometimes encouraged in anatomically unnatural sexual practices.

11. They insist others believe their beliefs & if they don't, they will try to hurt them by calling names, or even hurting them financially, legally or in their career.

12. They will make ridiculous comparisons, again trying to get pity. They will try to compare homosexuals with African American persecution, or as mentioned - comparison with animals. Some will try to compare the risky sexual behavior of homosexuals with heterosexual teen pregnancy.

13. They will play the pity card often...Also refered to as positive discrimination. They point to a personal trait (ie homosexuality) which somehow justifies their actions or inability to do something they'd ordinarily be expected to do (like behave responsibly sexually). They use guilt-trips when others state something they get offended by, in hopes they take it back.
What they don't realize, is this behavior often enforced negative stereotypes & hurts those who want to be treated like normal human beings.

14. They blame others. They may even blame those who oppose homosexual risky behavior, for the consequences of the risky behavior of homosexuals. They also may blame those who oppose homosexual harmful behavior of hating people, even when they have repeated they love people & hate harmful behavior.
Thanks for numerically detailing with what you're so anti-homosexual.

I didn't call you a name --Moderator cut: deleted

I notice that you've run away from all of that. You refuse to acknowledge that the logic of your argument that 'safer sex is preferable' means all women should eschew heterosexual sex in favor or homosexual sex. You link to religious propaganda, then whine that nothing about your claims are religious-based. You challenge me to point out where anything suggests that your claims are based on religion, then when I do your run away from that part of the conversation. Instead, you serve up a long list of things you hate about those who disagree with you, that have nothing -- nothing -- to do with what we've been discussing. Just more moving the goalposts, desperately trying to shift the conversation away from the stupid arguments you've made.

You're transparent and dishonest. That's not name-calling, that's pointing out how you behave. Behave differently, and I won't call you out on it.

But I'm really not speaking to you. I know your dishonesty and hypocrisy will continue. I respond only for those reading these posts who might be taken in by your dishonest claims.

And now, I'll leave it to you to continue to ignore what I've written and to try and again shift the goalposts. That's pretty much the sum total of what you try and pass off as discourse.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-22-2011 at 10:13 AM..
 
Old 10-18-2011, 02:39 AM
 
7,811 posts, read 5,083,051 times
Reputation: 2972
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
According to the United States Center for Disease Control, homosexuals, particularly, sexually active men are statistically much more likely to contract HIV, AIDS & STDs than are heterosexuals...
In some areas of the states. This is what is called Statistic Quote Mining. You find a statistic in the sea of statistics that supports your case and run with it. No dice however.

The fact is that if you take the statistics on a global scale rather than focusing on the ones that support your position, it tells a very different story. When you include the Africas etc you find that in fact HIV infection is higher among heterosexuals not homosexuals.

Such mining of statistics for what you want to find is ultimately self defeating because A) it does not support you case and B) when people spot you doing it your entire honesty gets called into question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Homosexuals... both men & women - change partners more often than heterosexuals.
Not so sure how true that is globally but let us for a moment pretend this is true. This is NOT an argument against homosexuality, the morality of homosexuality or the practice of homosexuality.

It IS an argument against promiscuity. If you have an issue against promiscuity you will likely find people like myself would stand beside you and wholly agree.

If you want indict homosexuality by proxy by attacking promiscuity and then ending with a flourish of "Therefore homosexuality is bad" what you are engaged in is opportunistic non-sequiturs.

For example child labor is very bad. Most of us would agree on this I feel. Some clothing firms have used child labor. It would be patently ridiculous for me to therefore say "clothing is bad!". It is a non-sequitur and I would merely be indicting the innocent by proxy to the guilty.

So yes, speak out against promiscuity all you like. Do not pretend however you are speaking against homosexuality by some baseless "guilt by proxy" tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
which I'm guessing accounts for the lack of ability to debate without calling names.
If you are unable to construct a cogent argument without recourse to ad hominem and name calling then that is your problem. Do not attempt to attribute blame for your failings on to others. That is just low and dishonest and will get us nowhere. Insults demean only the insulter, NEVER the target. If you use such tactics then you demean only yourself. Do not attempt to blame others for your failings in this regard.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 02:49 AM
 
2,031 posts, read 2,307,044 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Not so sure how true that [promiscuity] is globally but let us for a moment pretend this is true. This is NOT an argument against homosexuality, the morality of homosexuality or the practice of homosexuality.
Precisely.

Furthermore, it is an argument against what people like SuperSoul actively encourage. We are constantly reminded of the way the institution of marriage encourages monogamy, then watch as SuperSoul and his ilk adamantly oppose the right of homosexuals to marry the gender to which they are naturally attractive. These people work to deny homosexuals a right which promotes monogamy, then decry promiscuity amongst homosexuals.

This is very similar to the way they ostracize homosexuals, tell them that God hates what they do, tell them that they are going to hell, then say in mock surprise, "Gee, for some reason gays kill themselves disproportionately! Must be that homosexual behavior makes people want to kill themselves!". In reality, most of them know full-well it is their endless marginalization and oppression of gays that cause them such despair.

They know exactly what they're doing when they deny the stability of marriage to gays, just as they know exactly what they're doing with their harsh attacks, and the way these attacks cause such anguish as to drive some gays to kill themselves-- not to mention providing those with violent tendencies a rationalization for doing things like mortally beating gays and leaving them to die, tied to a rural fencepost.
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:35 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,820,103 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
1. When I read Christian doctrine (ie the bible) - I consider common sense along with spirituality/intuition.
Therefore, I believe homosexuality is wrong, not because it is written in the bible, but because common sense tells me it is wrong.

2. I don't believe homosexuality is a "curse." I believe homosexual preferences are harmful beliefs & related feelings & behavior (which statistically proves to be harmful, sometimes fatal). When one realizes one's own psychology (study of the soul), better decisions can be made - in how to think - which will create more functional feelings & behavior.

3. We know that genes do nothing in themselves, but are "expressed" (turned on or not) by regulatory proteins, which are turned on by environmental signals. So one may have a tendency for some type of thing, but only if the environmental signals are present, will it be expressed.

I just came across this article related to parenting & homosexual preferences...

"Parents are easily the most important external force in the life of any child and, as would be suspected, contribute largely to the homosexual or heterosexual predisposition of their children. A professor of psychiatry at one of the nation's leading medical schools stated, 'Current research indicates that the family most likely to produce a homosexual comprises a very intimate, possessive and dominating mother and a detached, hostile father. Many mothers of lesbians tend to be hostile and competitive with their daughters. The fathers of female homosexuals seldom appear to play a dominant role in the family and have considerable difficulty being openly affectionate with their daughters'...

...the personality of the father is clearly not the sole cause of homosexuality. Other factors I have seen in the development of homosexuality include a hostile, feared older brother; a mother who is a very warm and attractive personality and proves more appealing to the boy than an emotionally removed father; a mother who is actively disdainful of masculinity; childhood seduction by another male; peer labelling of the boy due to poor athletic ability or timidity; in recent years, cultural factors encouraging a confused and uncertain youngster into an embracing gay community; and in the boy himself, a particularly sensitive, relatively fragile, often passive disposition."
How can I prevent my children from becoming homosexual?
ROFLMAO!!!!

Are you serious?

Why would anyone go to a religious website full of anti-gay propaganda for 'information' on homosexuality when there is so much valid, evidenced-based information available from reputable health and science sources?

But thanks for the belly laugh! I hope you were presenting this link as a joke?

I don't think there was even one fact-based statement on the whole page.

Last edited by Ceist; 10-18-2011 at 06:45 AM..
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:47 AM
 
2,031 posts, read 2,307,044 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I'm not sure why the anatomical design of our genitals is important. Most heterosexuals have had, and continue to have, sexual experiences beyond the range of just vaginal intercourse. But I rarely hear anyone object to the unnatural use of the genitals when we heterosexuals do it.

Let me ask you an honest question; do you object to heterosexual oral sex with the same intensity that you object to homosexual oral sex? Anal Sex?

Or do you only get around to criticizing it when it's gay people who use their genitals in exotic ways?

Because according you your logic, we should only rightfully use our genitals for vaginal intercourse.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the same people who are horrified at 'unnatural' gay sex would ban all oral and anal sex if they could (in fact, it was only in 2003 that all laws prohibiting consensual sodomy between adults were ruled unconstitutional by the USSC).
 
Old 10-18-2011, 06:58 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,820,103 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
1. When I read Christian doctrine (ie the bible) - I consider common sense along with spirituality/intuition.
Therefore, I believe homosexuality is wrong, not because it is written in the bible, but because common sense tells me it is wrong.


I just came across this article related to parenting & homosexual preferences...

"How can I prevent my children from becoming homosexual?
Your 'common sense' is apparently as flawed as that hilarious link you presented.

Here's some information from peer-reviewed, published, evidence-based sources:


"...there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation."
American Academy of Pediatrics

__________________________________________________ ________________________

"Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person’s fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment."
Royal College of Psychiatrists

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

"The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top