U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 05:59 AM

18,290 posts, read 18,527,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the same people who are horrified at 'unnatural' gay sex would ban all oral and anal sex if they could (in fact, it was only in 2003 that all laws prohibiting consensual sodomy between adults were ruled unconstitutional by the USSC).
It would surprise me less if those same horrified persons engaged in the same 'unnatural' practices
Notice, the question was never answered

Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 AM

17,853 posts, read 11,749,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I'm sure you don't care about this, but the quotes you are using are about a book written in the 60's that has since been widely discredited.

His entire sample included ONLY homosexuals that were undergoing psychological therapy. Thus, he came to a conclusion that homosexuality was a mental illness. Shocking, eh?

One might wonder what would have happened if he interviewed happy, well adjusted gays.
Why on earth would the poster check the sources and facts from their link when they can just use good ole' 'common sense'?

Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Please specify exactly what phrase of my writings indicate that my oppinions are "religion-based."
If anything, in rereading my post, you'll see that I don't rely on the bible to tell me which 2 anatomy parts fit together without problem & which don't.

According to the United States Center for Disease Control,
homosexuals, particularly, sexually active men are statistically much more likely to contract HIV, AIDS & STDs than are heterosexuals...

http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf (broken link)

CDC - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Gay and Bisexual Men's Health
The overwheming majority of people with HIV worldwide are heterosexual according to the World Health Organization.

'Statistically', rape, assault, murder, child molestation etc etc are committed by heterosexual men.

What's your point?

Last edited by Ceist; 10-18-2011 at 06:28 AM..

Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
BoxcarOverkill,
Did you read anything I just posted... how homosexual practices make people sick - even to the point of DEATH???

Homosexuals... both men & women - change partners more often than heterosexuals. Even, homosexual commited partners are more likely to cheat on each other the longer they're together. So... if they were to keep their bodily fluids to themselves, there wouldn't be so much disease spread among homosexuals... yet as it is they don't & even oral sex spreads disease.
When you are serious about the facts, instead of vilifying gay and lesbian people for your religious agenda, get back to us.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
When one is in denial about anatomy, it's no wonder if they are in denial about many other things... which I'm guessing accounts for the lack of ability to debate without calling names.

Before anymore accusations are attempted toward me or any others who see anatomy & how we were each conceived for what it is... I will list the attempts at accusations for you. "Deal"?

1. The "Whoah is me" - pity card is played, acting as if homosexuals are being harassed, even when they aren't.

2. They demand that others support them impulsively acting on their thought-produced feelings. Statistics clearly indicate homosexuals change partners frequently so are more likely to contract & spread AIDS & STDs, yet they will look the other way regarding dangerous sex practices & persuade others to think being loving is going along with what others want, not what is best.

3. They want "equal rights' yet deny others rights to free speech, & respect of significant religious beliefs.

4. They call others names, like homophobic, simply for objecting to harmful behavior statisitcally displayed prominantly by homosexuals, even when one has repeated they love & do not fear family & friends with homosexual preferences.

5. They accuse others of being "closet" homosexuals for opposing homosexuality.

6. They claim babies are born with the preference to have sex with someone of the same sex, when babies brains are only 25% developed, waiting for environmental influences to help complete development.

7. They claim that if animals do it, it's natural & acceptable for humans, when most regard animalistic behavior as uncivil, considering some eat their young & hump anything.

8. They compare human consciousness with animal consciousness.

9. They deny psychological & environmental influences.

10. They believe that children & parents should have no choice but for schools to teach children about homosexuality. They believe that vulnerable children should be instructed & sometimes encouraged in anatomically unnatural sexual practices.

11. They insist others believe their beliefs & if they don't, they will try to hurt them by calling names, or even hurting them financially, legally or in their career.

12. They will make ridiculous comparisons, again trying to get pity. They will try to compare homosexuals with African American persecution, or as mentioned - comparison with animals. Some will try to compare the risky sexual behavior of homosexuals with heterosexual teen pregnancy.

13. They will play the pity card often...Also refered to as positive discrimination. They point to a personal trait (ie homosexuality) which somehow justifies their actions or inability to do something they'd ordinarily be expected to do (like behave responsibly sexually). They use guilt-trips when others state something they get offended by, in hopes they take it back.
What they don't realize, is this behavior often enforced negative stereotypes & hurts those who want to be treated like normal human beings.

14. They blame others. They may even blame those who oppose homosexual risky behavior, for the consequences of the risky behavior of homosexuals. They also may blame those who oppose homosexual harmful behavior of hating people, even when they have repeated they love people & hate harmful behavior.
Is this more of your 'common sense'?

I lost count of the strawman statements, lies, myths and misrepresentations before I even got halfway through your vilification list.

Last edited by Ceist; 10-18-2011 at 06:31 AM..

Old 10-18-2011, 06:37 AM

I love this article on "Who are the REAL Sodomites?"

Jay Michaelson: Who Are the Real Sodomites?

Old 10-18-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It would surprise me less if those same horrified persons engaged in the same 'unnatural' practices
Notice, the question was never answered
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these anti-gay crusaders were the 'love' children of Anita Bryant and Fred Phelps. Or perhaps Michell Bachmann and Pat Buchanan.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:24 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,505,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these anti-gay crusaders were the 'love' children of Anita Bryant and Fred Phelps. Or perhaps Michell Bachmann and Pat Buchanan.
No, if that were true they would never be able to pass for human.

*shivers*

Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 AM

10,263 posts, read 10,376,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
People do not use the Bible as an excuse to hate because the Bible does not approve of hatred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The churches I've been to have not once said "hate" is okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Really? Don't those churches follow the bible?

This passage instructs Christians to hate me, an atheist....Psalms 79:6: "Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name." This is a call to God to commit genocide against persons of other faiths who are either unfamiliar with Judaism and Christianity, or who have learned and rejected these religions.
If you didn't see hate in the Bible, you must have overlooked many, many passages. I would say that a large number of people justify their hatred by referring to something they read in the Bible.

Take, for example, the web site name chosen by the Westboro Baptist Church. You know. The URL is godhatesfags dot com. Anybody want to make any wagers on how many different Bible passages they quote to support their vile acts?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:05 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,505,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If you didn't see hate in the Bible, you must have overlooked many, many passages. I would say that a large number of people justify their hatred by referring to something they read in the Bible.

Take, for example, the web site name chosen by the Westboro Baptist Church. You know. The URL is godhatesfags dot com. Anybody want to make any wagers on how many different Bible passages they quote to support their vile acts?
It doesn't matter, because what they're doing is categorically wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality