U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 PM

91 posts, read 80,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
A lot of focus on that one abomination, not so much on any of the others.

Like remarrying a wife you divorced. Abomination according to Deut 24:1-4

Will we see a ballot initative on that, or do we keep mollycoddling the heterosexuals?

Dishonest practices? Abomoniations! Deuteronomy 25: 13 - 16

What about "haughty attitudes"? Abomination! Proverbs 3: 31 - 32

Why here are six more, in a convient form to remember:

[LEFT][SIZE=2]
Proverbs 6: 16 - 19

I highlighted the last one in case you are interested in examining the plank in your eye before you pluck the spec from others.

When is the last time you saw or heard of an adulterer pride parade? You see gay pride parades on street corners of just about any major city. When society has the same attitude toward homosexuality as it has toward other sins, we wont focus on it as much.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,604,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
When is the last time you saw or heard of an adulterer pride parade? You see gay pride parades on street corners of just about any major city. When society has the same attitude toward homosexuality as it has toward other sins, we wont focus on it as much.

I see, you think society strongly frowns on things like divorce, proudful boasting, premarital sex, etc.

But the gays have it good. They have no problems what-so-ever, easy street for them.

Keen observation there my friend. Keep fighting the gay fight, looks like you got everything else under control.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:11 PM

5,563 posts, read 6,184,936 times
Quote:
When is the last time you saw or heard of an adulterer pride parade?
Second and third or even fourth weddings conducted in churches all over.

The parade thus is endless and occurs every Saturday.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:06 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,472,131 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is an abomination, period. It is a personal choice to be a homosexual. There is really nothing to discuss about it. They need their sin preached against. They wont change if we keep mollycoddling them.

I agree here, just as it is an abomination to have extramarital affairs as a heterosexual, it is not pleasing in the eyes of God.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:27 PM

91 posts, read 80,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I see, you think society strongly frowns on things like divorce, proudful boasting, premarital sex, etc.

But the gays have it good. They have no problems what-so-ever, easy street for them.

Keen observation there my friend. Keep fighting the gay fight, looks like you got everything else under control.

Homosexuality is becoming more and more accepted. Same sex marriage is already legal in several states and about to be legal in several more. Don't ask, don't tell was just repealed a few weeks allowing sexual deviants to serve in the military openly. What more do they want?

Old 10-10-2011, 04:25 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,916,711 times
The standards ARE the same.
Homsexuality, I suspect is a trauma from very young in life. No wonder so many think they were born this way, while make no mistake about it, it is "PC" to say they are born that way so others of them say it as an excuse to not have to look deeper within.

I think parents mess kids up so badly that they hate one sex and turn to the other, while I know for a fact that many homosexuals were sexually molested when young, and it was horrible in all of the obvious ways, but physically, it "felt good" meaning the stimulation did, so if you add any resentment over it happening and bingo, come homosexual desires, later.

I believe it is resentment that causes alcoholism, obesity, smoking addictions and many other things. Surely sin is "emotionally based" since it seems all of our problems are.

I have an old friend that is gay. Back in the seventies, his story was the same-- his dad and mom had a very hateful, fighting type of breakup and as he saw it, his mom kicked dad out of the house, and dad was his hero, so he said he HATED his mom with a powerful hate, and his story that he, back then stuck to was that he "turned gay at age 5."

Now, I find out that his story is totally different! He is in his fifties and says the PC thing-- "we were born that way, and they, all that don't support it hate us. He says "they say were are sick," etc...but he did not talk that way when we were in our twenties.

Back to the standards being the same....we each must give up resentments, the holding of grudges, for this is what forgiveness is. Be it gay or straight we must be without malice or resentments, we are to stop judging, and yet "discernment" is a gift of the Spirit and this brings up a subject worthy of its own thread--the slight difference between the two.

Most gays didn't choose to be gay, but they weren't born that way either. NOTE how many in society give us only those two options, when there is a third.
Many gays were "traumatized" into being gay, and yes, trauma can change us for the rest of our lives.

What if a gay person does become celibate and what if they do this because it bothers them to be the way they are--just like we that have other types of compulsions? What if this person is becoming celibate out of rejection of their condition and at the same time this person is becoming more humble, seeking God, having no malice, and has fruits of a righteous person?

Bible says that "those that practice righteousness are righteous."
Says that "The pure in heart will see God."

It says those that invite Jesus' spirit inside, that He enters and sups with them.
I see a pattern here, and my common sense tells me that surely there exist gays that fit this pattern.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 PM

3,488 posts, read 3,177,435 times
The way I see it - if you're going to start applying 3000 year old jewish laws to modern peoples in different contexts, different cultures, etc,: apply them all.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:01 AM

7,811 posts, read 5,107,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Homsexuality, I suspect is a trauma from very young in life.
while I know for a fact that many homosexuals were sexually molested
I have an old friend that is gay. Back in the seventies
Many gays were "traumatized" into being gay
I see a pattern here
You are extrapolating VAST generalizations about a large sub set of humanity based seemingly on a single unverifiable, possibly made up, anecdote from the 70s.

The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not statistics. I have simply seen no evidence to suggest Homosexuality is caused by emotional or physical traumas and for every anecdote you want to trot out of a homosexual with a troubled past I can trot out more from my circle of friends who have not.

Further correlation is not the same as causation. Even if you can cite a list of people who are both homosexual and traumatized, that does not instantly allow you to start imagining links.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:09 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,723,305 times
Quote:
The standards ARE the same.
Homsexuality, I suspect is a trauma from very young in life.

Well, your suspicions are wrong The vast majority of studies indicate it doesn't derive from trauma. How many times do we need to go over this same, ridiculous myth? Sorry, you're wrong here.

Quote:
No wonder so many think they were born this way, while make no mistake about it, it is "PC" to say they are born that way so others of them say it as an excuse to not have to look deeper within.
There is nothing "PC" about it. I will bet you ANYTHING that gay people have looked deeper into their own hearts than you have ever done. Why? Because people like you have condemned them, and the natural reaction to that social condemnation is to go inward and search for the truth. Very deeply.

Guess what? They have found the truth of their own being. And it has nothing to do with your ridiculous myths.

Quote:
I think parents mess kids up so badly that they hate one sex and turn to the other, while I know for a fact that many homosexuals were sexually molested when young, and it was horrible in all of the obvious ways, but physically, it "felt good" meaning the stimulation did, so if you add any resentment over it happening and bingo, come homosexual desires, later.
Wow, you really, really have NO idea what you are talking about here. Show us the statistics. Show us the studies to prove your point. You can't, because there are none to support your claim. If what you say is true, THEN HETEROSEXUALITY DEVELOPS THE SAME WAY.

So please, tell us how you became heterosexual.

Quote:
I believe it is resentment that causes alcoholism, obesity, smoking addictions and many other things. Surely sin is "emotionally based" since it seems all of our problems are.
Wow, again you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Show us all the addiction studies that support your claim. Show us all how brain chemistry has nothing to do with addiction. Enlighten us please!

Quote:
I have an old friend that is gay. Back in the seventies, his story was the same-- his dad and mom had a very hateful, fighting type of breakup and as he saw it, his mom kicked dad out of the house, and dad was his hero, so he said he HATED his mom with a powerful hate, and his story that he, back then stuck to was that he "turned gay at age 5."
Really??? And how many kids have the SAME STORY? And yet, somehow, they ended up "straight?"

I. JUST. CAN'T. GO. ON.
This line of criminally Moderator cut: edit quasi-logic is absurd.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-22-2011 at 09:37 AM..

Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,916,711 times
Astron, I know precisely what I am talking about, and no amount of ranting, in reply from you can make me doubt what I understand about this condition.

I did not "condemn" anyone in my post, from oveweight to confused and befuddled, we ALL have our issues.
You saying I did does not, reality make.

You are the one that's way off the mark.

How many kids have the same story. Astron, TRY....try to let the reality dawn on you. No matter how many kids, adults, etc..."have the same story," we do not all DEAL with our stories the same way. One person gets lost in food, for comfort and the feelings not found at home, another into drugs, and different drugs for different folks, another becomes an alcoholic, etc. etc...I'm surprised you got lost on this one.
Were you emotional when you replied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality