Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Are you people so wrapped up in your religious nonsense that you don't see it doesn't matter if homosexuality is a choice people make or if they're born that way?

The point is THEY'RE PEOPLE!!! They should be free to choose the way they wish to live without the judgement of people like you. Why do you care? Why do you judge? Why are you so fixated on this issue? Why is you're cotton/poly blend shirt not as much of an abomination as homosexuality. Where are the GOD HATES MIXED FIBERS signs?

BTW people choose to drink and children choose to disobey. Homosexuals don't choose to be attracted to the same sex. No more than I chose to be attracted to the opposite sex.

You spin you bigotry and hatred however you wish it is what it is.
they do choose because a recent study that took place in 2009 states there is no possibility of a gay gene. that it is the persons choice. if there was no choice there would be no such things as homosexuals turning straight. if this is possiblie how can it then be called genetic? it is as much as a choice as me choosing to grow my hair out and listening to rock. as much as a choice as me choosing a soup over a salad. and judgement is everywhere. gays believe that anyone who is not gay and does not agree with it is a nazi who is just hating because they are gay and that they are bigots. it seems to me that the more violent side is the homosexuals trying to get everyone to agree with them. and before you state that there has been absolutley no homosexuals doing that, i can tell you from personal experience that there is not. i recieved threats when i openly opposed a homosexual group wishing to form in a school near my hometown. please explain these instances.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:59 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsPrince View Post
they do choose because a recent study that took place in 2009 states there is no possibility of a gay gene. that it is the persons choice. if there was no choice there would be no such things as homosexuals turning straight. if this is possiblie how can it then be called genetic? it is as much as a choice as me choosing to grow my hair out and listening to rock. as much as a choice as me choosing a soup over a salad. and judgement is everywhere. gays believe that anyone who is not gay and does not agree with it is a nazi who is just hating because they are gay and that they are bigots. it seems to me that the more violent side is the homosexuals trying to get everyone to agree with them. and before you state that there has been absolutley no homosexuals doing that, i can tell you from personal experience that there is not. i recieved threats when i openly opposed a homosexual group wishing to form in a school near my hometown. please explain these instances.

So you could choose to be attracted to men? (And by you, I mean "YOU".)

Not just choose to have sex with men, but you could decide to actually prefer to have anal sex with other men as your favorite form of sex? You think that may be a latent possibility deep down inside of you? You could one day just decide to not be attracted to women, and convince some part of yourself to be attracted to men?

If so, tell me how that would happen?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Declare homosexuals, who are biologically aberrant from the normal sexual behavior of homo sapiens and can be shown to be the results of a myriad of psychological, social and familial conditions (and once considered a mental disorder, because of that), to be completely at the mercy of their genetic makeup, with no attention paid to the aforementioned causal conditions - and the whole world applauds, especially the homosexuals.
Shown where? On your local pray away the gay website?

Your knowledge about homosexuality is woeful.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:18 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
I think I see what's going on here.

I'm straight, and when I look deep down inside myself I don't think I could ever be convinced to be attracted to other men or want to have sex with other men. Some people prefer fish, I prefer chicken, no big deal. I just assume gay people are like me, kind of born with an orientation that we didn't really choose.

Now other people are claiming to be straight, but when they look deep down inside themselves they think they might could be convinced to be gay. Under the right set of conditions, freed from any sociol consequences, if they tried it they are afraid they might actually prefer gay sex.

Those people also assume gay people are like them, (and maybe they're on to something there.) They believe gay people are just like them, people who could easily be convinced to enjoy sex with members of their own sex if the opportunity came about. They think a gay person could be "straight" like them if they just repressed their feelings like they do.

That's why they feel the need to repress those feelings at all cost. In both themselves and in others, they feel if that they don't fight off the latent homosexual attraction everyone might decide to try and eventually enjoy homosexual sex. Since they view this as a bad thing, they are against it.

And that's the difference. I look inside myself and know that I couldn't be convinced to become anything other than my professed orientation. These guys look inside themselves and they see a latent homosexual ready to come out at the drop of the hat. Accordinlgy, I think being straight is natural "for me", while they think it's just an act everyone is in on to keep our gay feelings repressed.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:21 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
If these gay teens are so ashamed of their lifestyle that they would consider suicide, why not just stop being gay?

This is the most perverse suggestion I've ever heard.

I KNOW 3 young men who have attempted suicide and 2 who actually succeeded. You are profoundly ignorant and I hope that you soon understand the truth about what it is you are suggesting.

These kids don't commit suicide because they are ashamed. They commit suicide because they cannot live with the incessant HATE hurled their way. If they become ashamed, it's because of the shame relentlessly heaped upon them by bigots. They become confused, yes, but NOT about their sexuality. They become confused because THEY KNOW they are "good people" and yet they are continually told they are instead committing "evil," or are "perverted" or are told "they will go to hell."

How would you react if your parents disowned you, shunned you and prayed that you would just "be normal???" These kids want to be LOVED FOR WHO THEY ARE. Nothing more. And yet, just because the parents have a simplistic belief in an old book that they misinterpret, they reject their own kids - their own flesh and blood - in favor of some wacky rule system that somehow purports to "know" right from wrong. Good from Evil.

I'm very sorry if I come across as screaming. This is personal for me. It's just because I have - with my own eyes - seen tragedy after tragedy. And it's always the same thing. People are who they are. They are black, red, yellow, brown, pink and white. They are male, female, intersexed, transgendered, gay, bisexual, 70% straight, 42% female or 100% American, Armenian or African.

So why do you care? Mind your own business and take the log out of your own eye!

Last edited by Astron1000; 10-11-2011 at 04:06 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 04:56 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I'm sure you're type applauds anytime a gay person kills themselves. One less of em' to pollute you're Christian utopia.
How can it be Utopia if young people are committing suicide to escape their torment?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
How can it be Utopia if young people are committing suicide to escape their torment?
Yes, their torment brought upon them by religious zealots.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:40 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Yes, their torment brought upon them by religious zealots.
Correct.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:38 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Shown where? On your local pray away the gay website?

Your knowledge about homosexuality is woeful.
I'm sorry - I think you're confusing me with a Christian, which I am not.
Try again at another snappy comeback if you must.

Try Sex Roles, Life Styles, and Childbearing: Changing Roles in Marriage and Family by John Scanzoni (1975) for a start. I don't have the time or inclination to disabuse you of your notion that anyone disagreeing with you is ignorant or religiously motivated. Grow up.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:42 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I think I see what's going on here.

I'm straight, and when I look deep down inside myself I don't think I could ever be convinced to be attracted to other men or want to have sex with other men. Some people prefer fish, I prefer chicken, no big deal. I just assume gay people are like me, kind of born with an orientation that we didn't really choose.

Now other people are claiming to be straight, but when they look deep down inside themselves they think they might could be convinced to be gay. Under the right set of conditions, freed from any sociol consequences, if they tried it they are afraid they might actually prefer gay sex.

Those people also assume gay people are like them, (and maybe they're on to something there.) They believe gay people are just like them, people who could easily be convinced to enjoy sex with members of their own sex if the opportunity came about. They think a gay person could be "straight" like them if they just repressed their feelings like they do.

That's why they feel the need to repress those feelings at all cost. In both themselves and in others, they feel if that they don't fight off the latent homosexual attraction everyone might decide to try and eventually enjoy homosexual sex. Since they view this as a bad thing, they are against it.

And that's the difference. I look inside myself and know that I couldn't be convinced to become anything other than my professed orientation. These guys look inside themselves and they see a latent homosexual ready to come out at the drop of the hat. Accordinlgy, I think being straight is natural "for me", while they think it's just an act everyone is in on to keep our gay feelings repressed.
You're not SERIOUSLY using the old, tired argument that someone who opposes another's lifestyle choice is actually repressing their own deeply hidden desire to make the same lifestyle choice? Are you really? Most people stop using that argument in the 8th grade, or sooner if their teachers are responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality