Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Astron, I know precisely what I am talking about, and no amount of ranting, in reply from you can make me doubt what I understand about this condition.
NO, actually you have shown the world that you don't know what you are talking about. I am saddened that the ignorance is so profound.

Even your use of the word "condition" betrays your inept understanding of the issue.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:02 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
Homosexuality is an abomination, period. It is a personal choice to be a homosexual. There is really nothing to discuss about it. They need their sin preached against. They wont change if we keep mollycoddling them.
I sympathize with you for your inability to cope with other people who are different to you. Prayer could help you perhaps?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
The standards ARE the same.
Homsexuality, I suspect is a trauma from very young in life. No wonder so many think they were born this way, while make no mistake about it, it is "PC" to say they are born that way so others of them say it as an excuse to not have to look deeper within.

I think parents mess kids up so badly that they hate one sex and turn to the other, while I know for a fact that many homosexuals were sexually molested when young, and it was horrible in all of the obvious ways, but physically, it "felt good" meaning the stimulation did, so if you add any resentment over it happening and bingo, come homosexual desires, later.

I believe it is resentment that causes alcoholism, obesity, smoking addictions and many other things. Surely sin is "emotionally based" since it seems all of our problems are.

I have an old friend that is gay. Back in the seventies, his story was the same-- his dad and mom had a very hateful, fighting type of breakup and as he saw it, his mom kicked dad out of the house, and dad was his hero, so he said he HATED his mom with a powerful hate, and his story that he, back then stuck to was that he "turned gay at age 5."

Now, I find out that his story is totally different! He is in his fifties and says the PC thing-- "we were born that way, and they, all that don't support it hate us. He says "they say were are sick," etc...but he did not talk that way when we were in our twenties.

Back to the standards being the same....we each must give up resentments, the holding of grudges, for this is what forgiveness is. Be it gay or straight we must be without malice or resentments, we are to stop judging, and yet "discernment" is a gift of the Spirit and this brings up a subject worthy of its own thread--the slight difference between the two.

Most gays didn't choose to be gay, but they weren't born that way either. NOTE how many in society give us only those two options, when there is a third.
Many gays were "traumatized" into being gay, and yes, trauma can change us for the rest of our lives.

What if a gay person does become celibate and what if they do this because it bothers them to be the way they are--just like we that have other types of compulsions? What if this person is becoming celibate out of rejection of their condition and at the same time this person is becoming more humble, seeking God, having no malice, and has fruits of a righteous person?

Bible says that "those that practice righteousness are righteous."
Says that "The pure in heart will see God."

It says those that invite Jesus' spirit inside, that He enters and sups with them.
I see a pattern here, and my common sense tells me that surely there exist gays that fit this pattern.
I also sympathize with you for your inability to cope with people different to you. It's sad that in order to hide your own lack of coping skills, you need to make up offensive nonsense and lies about others. I would think following Jesus' teaching would be enough to motivate you to learn acceptance of others, but clearly not.

Last edited by Ceist; 10-11-2011 at 06:21 AM..

Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 AM

Just a couple of peer-reviewed studies for those who appear.... unaware:

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait.

The scans reveal that in gay people, key structures of the brain governing emotion, mood, anxiety and aggressiveness resemble those in straight people of the opposite sex.
The differences are likely to have been forged in the womb or in early infancy”

__________________________________________________ _____

"I demonstrate that the number of biological older brothers, including those not reared with the participant (but not the number of nonbiological older brothers), increases the probability of homosexuality in men. These results provide evidence that a prenatal mechanism(s), and not social and/or rearing factors, affects men's sexual orientation development."

"Biological Versus Nonbiological Older Brothers and Men’s Sexual Orientation," published by PNAS (Proceedings of the NationalAcademy of Sciences of the United States of America): Bogaert, A (2006)
http://www.pnas.org/content/103/28/10771.full.pdf

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

"A growing body of empirical literature suggests that the brains of gay males are less masculinized than those of heterosexual males, reflected in visual-spatial task performance -- a measure of cerebral masculinazation and one in which heterosexual males usually surpass females.

Several studies report that the cognitive performance of gay males is more typical of heterosexual females than heterosexual males.

Furthermore, the brain waves of gay males while performing verbal and spatial tasks are more similar to heterosexual females than males or significantly different from both."

Relationships among childhood sex-atypical behavior, spatial ability, handedness, and sexual orientation in men. Cohen KM. Arch Sex Behav. (2002)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11910786

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

"There's a converging line of evidence between the hormonal studies, the genetic studies , and the neuroanatomical studies. My research has identified candidate genes within these new chromosomal regions that could link together all of these different findings”

Mustanski, B. S.; DuPree, M. G.; Nievergelt, C. M.; Bocklandt, S.; Schork, N. J.; Hamer, D. H. (2005)
A genomewide scan of male sexual orientation. [Hum Genet. 2005] - PubMed result

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

And a few more:

Camperio Ciani, A., Cermelli, P., & Zanzotto, G. (2008). Sexually
antagonistic selection in human male homosexuality. Plos One, in
press.

Rahman, Q., Collins, A., Morrison, M., Orrells, J. C., Cadinouche, K.,
Greenfield, S., et al. (2008). Maternal inheritance and familial
fecundity factors in male homosexuality. Archives of Sexual
Behavior, 37.

Camperio Ciani, A., Iemmola, F., & Lombardi, L. (2008). Male
homosexuality partly correlates with an increased androphilia
and fecundity in females from maternal line

Vasey, P. L., & VanderLaan, D. P. (2007). Birth order and male
androphilia in Samoan fa’afafine. Proceedings of the Royal
Society of London, Series B: Biological Sciences, 274, 1437–1442.

Blanchard, R., & Lippa, R. A. (2007). Birth order, sibling sex ratio,
handedness, and sexual orientation of male and female participants
in a BBC Internet research project. Archives of Sexual
Behavior, 36, 163–176.

Savolainen,V.,&Lehmann,L. (2007). Genetics and bisexuality. Nature,
445, 158–159.

Bogaert, A. F. (2006). Biological versus nonbiological older brothers
and men’s sexual orientation. Proceedings of the National
Academy of Sciences, 103, 10771–10774.

Rahman, Q., & Hull, M. S. (2005). An empirical test of the kin
selection hypothesis for male homosexuality. Archives of Sexual
Behavior, 34, 461–467.

King, M., Green, J., Osborn, D. P. J., Arkell, J., Hetherton, J., &
Pereira, E. (2005). Family size in white gay and heterosexual men.
Archives of Sexual Behavior, 34, 117–122.

Camperio Ciani, A., Corna, F., & Capiluppi, C. (2004). Evidence for
maternally inherited factors favouring male homosexuality and
promoting female fecundity. Proceedings of the Royal Society of
London, Series B: Biological Sciences, 271, 2217–2221.

DuPree,M.G.,Mustanski, B. S.,Bocklandt, S., Nievergelt, C.,&Hamer,
D. H. (2004). A candidate gene study of CYP19 (aromatase) and
male sexual orientation. Behavior Genetics, 34, 243–250.

Blanchard, R. (2004). Quantitative and theoretical analyses of the
relation between older brothers and homosexuality in men.
Journal of Theoretical Biology, 230, 173–187.

Bobrow, D., & Bailey, J. M. (2001). Is male homosexuality maintained
via kin selection? Evolution and Human Behavior, 22, 361–368.

Bailey, J. M., Pillard, R. C., Dawood, K., Miller, M. B., Farrer, L. A.,
Tivedi, S., et al. (1999). A family history study of male sexual
orientation using three independent samples. Behavior Genetics,
29, 79–86.

Blanchard, R. (1997). Birth order and sibling sex ratio in homosexual
versus heterosexual males and females. Annual Review of Sex
Research, 8, 27–67.

Blanchard, R., & Klassen, P. (1997). H-Y antigen and homosexuality
in men. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 185, 373–378.

Hu,S., Pattatucci,A.M., Patterson, C.,Li,L.,Fulker,D.W.,Cherny, S.S.,
et al. (1995). Linkage between sexual orientation and chromosome
Xq28 in males but not in females. Nature Genetics, 11, 248–256.

Vasey, P. L. (1995). Homosexual behavior in primates: A review of
evidence and theory. International Journal of Primatology, 16,
173–204.

Hamer, D. H., Hu, S., Magnuson, V. L., Hu, N., & Pattattucci, A. M.
(1993). A linkage between DNA markers on the X chromosome
and male sexual orientation. Science, 261, 321–327.

Bailey, J. M., & Pillard, R. C. (1991). A genetic study of male sexual
orientation. Archives of General Psychiatry, 48, 1089–1096.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Astron, I know precisely what I am talking about, and no amount of ranting, in reply from you can make me doubt what I understand about this condition.
I'm sorry, but no, you don't know what you are talking about at all.

The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Counselling Association and pretty much every health organization worldwide disagrees with you. Why do you think you are 'right' and hundreds of thousands of health professionals are 'wrong'?

Not surprisingly, the anti-gay fringe pray-away-the-gay religious groups say otherwise. Even though they have nothing to support their views, and their claims have long been debunked and discredited. I wonder if they forgot that 'bearing false witness' and slandering others are sins?

American Academy of Pediatrics:

Quote:
"there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation."

Last edited by Ceist; 10-11-2011 at 06:46 AM..

Old 10-11-2011, 09:31 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Why does C-D continue to give a forum to these bigoted religious homophobes? The type of intolerance I've seen on display in this thread is why the suicide rate is so high among homosexual teens. God if he existed would be ashamed of you people.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I agree here, just as it is an abomination to have extramarital affairs as a heterosexual, it is not pleasing in the eyes of God.
It isn't, not if the Bible is to believed. But do you really want a theocracy?

There's the rub.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM

91 posts, read 92,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Why does C-D continue to give a forum to these bigoted religious homophobes? The type of intolerance I've seen on display in this thread is why the suicide rate is so high among homosexual teens. God if he existed would be ashamed of you people.

If these gay teens are so ashamed of their lifestyle that they would consider suicide, why not just stop being gay?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:38 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
If these gay teens are so ashamed of their lifestyle that they would consider suicide, why not just stop being gay?
They can't.

Is Acts 2 the only part of the Bible you've read?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,042,995 times
I think it's convenient how society has tended to shy away from the previous theories leading up to eugenics in which character traits, actions, and moral capabilities were the consequences of one's genetic history, and yet the same theory is now used to support whatever current politically-correct behavior would benefit from such theories.

Does anyone else see an extreme hypocrisy in this?
Declare that a black is more suited to athletics because of his racial and genetic makeup - and the whole world recoils in horror.
Declare that women excel in certain academic fields over men, and this explains their absence in certain male-domiated fields - and the whole word recoils in horror.
Declare that semites are excellent in intellectual careers because of their racial and genetic makeup - and the whole world recoils in horror.

However -

Declare alcoholism as a disease that strikes peoplem just as cancer strikes people - and the whole world applauds, especially the alcoholics.
Declare lazy, disobedient children in school to be suffering from a genetic disorder - and the whole world applauds, especially the pill manufacturers supplying the 'cure'.
Declare homosexuals, who are biologically aberrant from the normal sexual behavior of homo sapiens and can be shown to be the results of a myriad of psychological, social and familial conditions (and once considered a mental disorder, because of that), to be completely at the mercy of their genetic makeup, with no attention paid to the aforementioned causal conditions - and the whole world applauds, especially the homosexuals.

It seems to me that many people want to have their cake and eat it too - when it suits their political and personal agenda. My brother screams constitutional and civil rights violations when a law is passed infringing on his rights as a business owner in his particular line of work, but was more than willing to vote for a law infringing on these same rights (on the issue of smoking in restaurants) when it affected another person's business and not his own. In the end - he admitted it was wrong and hypcritical, but his hatred of smokers trumped his own sense of moral justic and euqal treatment under the law. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality