Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,211 times

Advertisements

Both homosexual men & homosexual women are statistically more likely than their heterosexual counterparts, to obtain STDs because both have more partners...
Health Risks of the Homosexual Lifestyle

Marriage is not a guarantee for monogamy, especially when it comes to homosexuals, statistically.
One study showed 66% of gay couples had sex outside their relationship the first year...
Aprox 90% had sex outside their relationship if it lasted 5 years.
http://www.corporateresourcecouncil.org/white_papers/Health_Risks.pdf (broken link)

The above link also explains, "In addition to diseases that may be transmitted during lesbian sex, a study at an Australian STD clinic found that lebians were three to four times more likely than heterosexual women to have sex with men who were high-risk for HIV."

Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Gay marriage devalues the traditional family by devaluing mothers or fathers.
BOTH mothers AND fathers are needed. Gay marriage is saying, "No, kids don't really need a mother, or a father. Just moms or just dads are ok."
This is an obvious & provable lie. Many research findings & articles confirm that just as children are naturally created by the union of a man & women, children also benefit most from being raised by a MOTHER and a FATHER.

"Children Need Both A Mother And A Father"
Dr. A. Dean Byrd
http://www.narth.com...s/needboth.html

"Why Children need both Mother-Love and Father-Love"
Glenn T. Stanton
http://www.jashow.or...es/2SI0804G.pdf

"Mothers' and Fathers' Socializing Behaviors in Three Contexts: Links with Children's Peer Competence"
Pettit, Gregory S.; Brown, Elizabeth Glyn; Mize, Jacquelyn; Lindsey, Eric
http://www.eric.ed.g...&accno=EJ563106

"Why Children Need a Mother and a Father"
Bill Muehlenberg
http://www.billmuehl...r-and-a-father/
I wonder why after reading your posts on this thread I feel like I need a shower? Moderator cut: deleted

You have been posting the opinion pieces that you can find that agree with your opinion...How about some honesty by actually pointing to an actual study?

Quote:
"The bottom line is that the science shows that children raised by two same-gender parents do as well on average as children raised by two different-gender parents," Biblarz said. "This is obviously inconsistent with the widespread claim that children must be raised by a mother and a father to do well." Children Raised by Lesbians Do Just Fine, Studies Show | LiveScience
Quote:
The picture that emerges from research is one of general engagement in social life with peers, parents, family members, and friends. Fears about children of lesbian or gay parents being sexually abused by adults, ostracized by peers, or isolated in single-sex lesbian or gay communities have received no scientific support. Overall, results of research suggest that the development, adjustment, and well-being of children with lesbian and gay parents do not differ markedly from that of children with heterosexual parents. APA Policy Statement: Sexual Orientation, Parents, & Children
The Real Story on Gay Genes | Sex & Gender | DISCOVER Magazine

PLoS ONE: Genetic and Environmental Influences on Female Sexual Orientation, Childhood Gender Typicality and Adult Gender Identity

Last edited by june 7th; 10-22-2011 at 09:26 AM..

Old 10-19-2011, 12:12 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,042,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
As opposed to the myriad people that have gotten depressed and adopted dangerous behaviors after their heterosexual lovers had died?

I'm not sure where you think you're going with this....

The very small afterthought to the main post is exactly what it appears as: a nebulous afterthought briefly addressing the quoted post in which the once-commonly held view that homosexual men are "weaker" than heterosexual men, is held up against examples of great historical figures where "manliness" or "virtus" appears to be unaffected by it at all. I specifically said "I'm not sure a judgement can be made on this", and that is because it's difficult to assess historical events when it deals with motivations, or psychological cause and effect. I think I made it pretty clear that while an argument could be made in EITHER way with Alexander - it's impossible to make a judgement call in the end. So you, I or anyone else, can take that train of thought anywhere you like, with no definate answer in the end. Of course myriads of peoples have gotten depressed and killed themselves over heterosexual love affairs or failed love affairs or thwarted affairs - but the suggestion was made with a very famous example - Alexander the Great - so with a specific, particular example it remains in my post. It wasn't my intention to make a gross generalization.

I would much rather have you address the main point of the post - which was not to make a judgement call on Alexander the Great - but on how sexual orientation was perceived in the ancient world, it's social and cultural perpetration via tradition, and the problem of whether something is "nature or nurture". Can something be merely one or the other? Nature? Nurture? Or is it more likely the result of both?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:30 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Their are many same sex marraiges now.
Tell me exactly SouperSole....how has that affected your life personally?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Their are many same sex marraiges now.
Tell me exactly SouperSole....how has that affected your life personally?
As a parent, I am concerned for my children, what they are taught - in school & in media.
As a parent, I care about ALL children - & want the best for them, which involves being raised by the same 2 that created them... a FATHER & a MOTHER.

As a citizen, I want the best for others, which involves health. Homosexual practices statistically show to contribute greatly to sickness & death. Two of my friends died from AIDS.
Legalizing gay marriage encourages homosexual practices, which sometimes are not harmful, but in the majority cases, statistically prove to be harmful.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:04 PM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you didn't read my above posts.
As a parent, I am concerned for my children, what they are taught - in school & in media.
As a parent, I care about ALL children - & want the best for them, which involves being raised by the same 2 that created them... a FATHER & a MOTHER.

As a citizen, I want the best for others, which involves health. Homosexual practices statistically show to contribute greatly to sickness & death. Legalizing gay marriage encourages homosexual practices, which sometimes are not harmful, but in the majority cases, statistically prove to be harmful.
Since approximately half of all marriages in America end in Divorce, over half of these children are NOT going to be raised in a household with their father and mother living out the American Dream.

You cited statistics twice in your last paragraph. Please post links to the studies so we can go examine them for ourselves. (BTW, I don't need or want you to look out for my health.) Legalizing gay marriage does not encourage homosexuality. It simply allows some couples to marry who are denied that right now. By now there should be some statistics that compare the health of gays and lesbians in those states that permit gay marriages with the health of similar individuals in states that do not. Find those for us while you're posting those other links.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Since approximately half of all marriages in America end in Divorce, over half of these children are NOT going to be raised in a household with their father and mother living out the American Dream.
Yes, that is sad, but that is another topic.
Quote:
You cited statistics twice in your last paragraph. Please post links to the studies so we can go examine them for ourselves.
I already did.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:11 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Homosexuality is a sin according to Scripture, but I am not about to go on an anti-gay crusade any time soon. People use the Bible as an excuse to hate and I want no part of it. I am not threatened by gay marriage. I have no problem with it despite what the Bible says. If that makes me a heretic, then so be it. If my name fails to appear in the Lamb's Book of Life because I failed to oppress homosexuals, so be it.
Yeah, what he said! ^^^^

I would dearly hope that my God, and His best known Son, Jesus, would both be far, far too big and omniscient and compassionate so as not to condemn someone for something as trivial as their sexual preferences, so long as they were among consenting adults.
And when it comes right down to it, don't you guys really, honestly think that God has bigger things on His Mind these days?
So why do y'all get so worked-up over this issue? It never ceases to amaze me. I mean, yeah. I'm a pretty liberal Christian, but ya know what?
I think Jesus was too; Just ask the Pharisees.

Peace, y'all.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
...It's concerning how homosexuality is pushing it's way into the legal system & into others' lives, sometimes imposing "gay rights" over the rights of others.
This especially applies to legally redefining marriage & legalizing gay marriage, which can & has had significantly negative influences, especially on children...

Really? Do tell about all of the rights of others that "gay rights" are imposing on?

Also, can you give any information to back up/quantify that bit about negative influences that gay marriage has on children?

Surely you're also aware that many states that disallow gay marriage also disallow same-sex civil unions? My state of North Carolina, sadly, is one of them.

Can you name one single other legal contract that two people of the same sex are barred from entering into together? That seems an awful lot like gender discrimination to me...

Old 10-19-2011, 02:25 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
You'd think that maybe commitment would prevent the spread of disease.
Yet, several studies I've read indicate otherwise. The longer a homosexual couple is together, the more likely they cheat on their partner. In another study, (I think it was in England) lesbians statistically had sex with more men, than heterosexual women.

Homosexuals currently already have "rights" as couples - under cohabitation laws etc. The only reason to legalize gay marriage is to try to force society to legally accept homosexuality. If that's not enough, it also discredits the known importance of mothers & fathers, by indicating that children can thrive without one or the other.
No- that 'other study' you are referring to was from an Australian study from a sexual health clinic which did not at all show what you claim. See? I remember your lies better than you do. You posted some rubbish in another thread and I systematically took it apart to show you all the misrepresentration and lies.

Lying for 'Jesus' is still lying. Shame on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality