U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 10:08 AM

2,833 posts, read 4,022,287 times

Advertisements

As I have said in other post on this forum, there are no "New Age" teachings, these are all "Old Age" teachings being rehashed. These so call new age teaching are the same teachings the Christ professed and they have been around long before Jesus made his appearance. When you understand that the term "Christ" is a title and not a name, it is a state of being, a state of awareness, not someones last name. What you have done is to give to one man that which belongs to all, you have become a lover of the lamp and have lost sight of the light. The Christ was pointing toward the direction of mans salvation, however, most Christians can not see past the finger doing the pointing. When you say that Christ is the only way to the Creator, again, you need to understand just what it means to be a Christ, everyone has the ability to be a Christ it's not just limited to one man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 12:01 PM

118 posts, read 93,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
As I have said in other post on this forum, there are no "New Age" teachings, these are all "Old Age" teachings being rehashed. These so call new age teaching are the same teachings the Christ professed and they have been around long before Jesus made his appearance. When you understand that the term "Christ" is a title and not a name, it is a state of being, a state of awareness, not someones last name. What you have done is to give to one man that which belongs to all, you have become a lover of the lamp and have lost sight of the light. The Christ was pointing toward the direction of mans salvation, however, most Christians can not see past the finger doing the pointing. When you say that Christ is the only way to the Creator, again, you need to understand just what it means to be a Christ, everyone has the ability to be a Christ it's not just limited to one man.
Agreed to a certain point (Christ made absolute claims, and I hold to them as a Christian).

That being said, none of the ideas on this forum... not ONE, presented by any worldview, is new. They have all been around for thousands of years. And we'd all do well to realize that when we make a post with an elitist tone.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:35 PM

78 posts, read 186,999 times
Default New age theory is old theory

New age means that everything will change but new age theory is tradition and has been for many years. Many claim that the new age can be predicted. You are thinking of a different type of new age. New age can mean many things. I myself am teaching of a new era....A time that can be perfected without destroying tradition but only fullfilling tradition. The new age is aproaching im in fact a believer of technology is falling and that we rely too much on it seriously. I am saying that we are aproaching a new age that will define everything as humans stand for and not the new age that will bring forth dis-belief in the old way of life........but only to change the old meaning of life.......

Old 09-23-2011, 01:44 PM

12,899 posts, read 18,442,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
New Age propaganda at it's finest. Nostradamus wasn't a Christian. Christian and the Occult do not mix. The Christ says you know them by their fruits/their doings. This won't stop the world from trying.
Oops. You've gotta accept your own, just like the godless side accepts Darwinism even though Darwin was a bit of a racist (and a christian to boot).

Nostradamus and his work was intensely intertwined with the Church for nearly his whole life.

"Some accounts of Nostradamus's life state that he was afraid of being persecuted for heresy by the Inquisition, but neither prophecy nor astrology fell in this bracket, and he would have been in danger only if he had practiced magic to support them. In fact, his relationship with the Church was always excellent"

Nostradamus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-23-2011, 01:57 PM

6,824 posts, read 4,865,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch123 View Post
that even in the name of atheism communism believed religion was at fault so they killed millions of people in the means of it. Atheism is a somewhat theory that is unacceptable. In fact Darwin was somewhat of a racist whom believed some humans are more human than others. Communists used this theory to their potential. Some of them declared that god is not with us and never was. But do we just give up? Lets look for gods footprint in our universe. One day the mysteries shall be revealed..........
2 Thessalonians 2:7-12

"7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now restrains will restrain, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

The lie looks to be based on the notion that man needs to "evolve" with "Mother Earth" - who I believe the scriptures identify as The Mother of Harlots. The usurping spirit Jezebel. Other names throughout history is Athena, Aphrodite, Ashtoroth, Ishtar, Semiramus.

Daniel 11

"36And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38But in his estate shall he honour the goddess of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain."

Goddess of forces? Duality? I think so.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:05 PM

78 posts, read 186,999 times
Default Religion isn't to scare people

Listen many wierd crackpots especially atheists love saying religion is to scare people about hell....This is not true...Religion is suppose to let you live a long life with obeying simple morals that are hard for us in modern times to live by. Religion is important and a basis in every day life. People have said, religion is the cause of the dark ages but have you seen a modern day atheist kill himself for his beliefs? Well today people are being martyred because of there beliefs not atheists its either christians, jews or even muslims. I am a supporter of all religions. I've studied every single one even some that are in fact dead. Religion has had its corrupt pigs who develop a dark systematic concept of thought but they denounced the path towards murder and we ended up just about fine in the near future.

Religion gives you much inspiration as well as hope in a world that has fallen into peril. I know that not that many atheists have even read the bible and what was said, earlier by one of the members made me wonder something...just because god won't give you a ferrarii or a descent life that you've always wanted doesn't mean that god is hateful and ignorant which makes us dumb as well. Religion makes you purhaps smarter to love your enemies, to honor your father and mother, to not kill, and to not steal. See many religions live by these rules.

Religion makes you a better person as well as a more civilized individual. It makes you want to have a destiny so that the works you have done in your life can make your life feel as if i've done everything, i have been very hopeful and loved. I have had the best life anyone could have. Then when you die your good works as well as your bad works can be arranged. So you can meet your ancestors and family and lost friends. Maybe just saying when we dye where going to be "living in the dirt" for eternity. Maybe we can let our mind to go alittle further that even after death we will still be active. I have had many losses in life I actually failed many times but I still believed in god.

I am a college student and getting my associates degree this winter coming up. Without religion I would be a failure I'd be without a voice to tell me my morals and how I should act upon them. I don't care what religion you are just believe in something greater than yourself. Ask that being to help you succeed in life. Don't look at religion as a path to ignorance it is a path to the light.....

Old 09-23-2011, 11:10 PM

156 posts, read 237,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post

Terryj: thank you for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality