U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM

2,705 posts, read 2,507,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
well personally speaking,i never looked at unbelievers that way. in fact i'm always defending them by saying i understand why they feel the way they do. and i also tell the believers who's acting UNGODLY -like towards them, to check themselves. and that they're giviing unbelievers reasons for not wanting to even believe there's a high spirit being. simply because most christians can get nasty, i've seen many in these forums. what's even sadder, many attacks each other. as i've said, if i didn't believe and follow those i see, i wouldn't want to be what they are. each has their right to believe whatever. christians can't make anyone believe what they believe. and they can't act as though they have a first class ticket to Heaven,(which most do believe). we ALL better get off of our high horses, and stop believing we're better than anyone else. for those who don't believe in God, if they live to see an end, they will know for sure, one way or another. peace
Very good, jojo. Too many Christians these days are just like the Pharisees of 2000 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,363,010 times
Reading jojo-50's post was difficult out of all proportion to the benefit received. "...if they live to see an end..."? I'm not on my "high horse" simply because I don't believe in a god. But at least you stated "one way or another". I anticipate oblivion.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:44 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,827,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Face it, you can't be an atheist if you aren't angry.
One doesn't have to be an atheist to be angry at Christianity, The Bible and its god for all the crimes against humanity, knowledge and freedom they are responsible for throughout history.

We Deists were angry enough to found a country for just that reason

Anyone who is not angry at Bible "god" is living in a dysfunctional relationship with him.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:15 PM

2,705 posts, read 2,507,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
One doesn't have to be an atheist to be angry at Christianity, The Bible and its god for all the crimes against humanity, knowledge and freedom they are responsible for throughout history.

We Deists were angry enough to found a country for just that reason

Anyone who is not angry at Bible "god" is living in a dysfunctional relationship with him.
Deist? I think you're Misotheist.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:35 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,715,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Really?
What am I angry about?
Nothing at all.
I have a lovely life, travel throughout the world, have great friends, make good money....
I just don't believe in fairy tale creatures, none of them.
When I grow up....

Old 10-07-2011, 06:46 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,065,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Add the claim that it is only religion(s) that we have objections to and not god per se.
Remove the 's'. It's christianity you despise.
You never attack muslims, Jews or any non christian group.
As a fellow atheist, and yes I consulted our 2011 rule book, there is no regulation that compels us to attack what we find foolish.
So take comfort in your disbelief as you go about your meaningless lives. Unable to blame God for anything I might add.
That ultimately is all we have.
And leave these nice people to believe what they will.

Last edited by robertjohnson; 10-07-2011 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: misplaced vowel.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 AM

11,798 posts, read 21,363,010 times
Say there, "fellow atheist", do you think your life is "meaningless" because you are an atheist? I'm an atheist and I don't think mine is.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:44 PM

580 posts, read 632,408 times
The only thing that angers me is the length that people will go to in their quest for willful stupidity, and only because these are the people that are the cancer in society with their hatred, bigotry and delusional views.

This is the same view you are professing others are???UHM? You are judging because someone believes in God, yet you do not want to be judged because you may not believe.

Anyone who does not believe in God is in rebellion against God. However I myself have no anger against an atheist. They have not been chosen by God at this time, this is His sovereign choice.
I have no power to hep them believe, only Jesus can do this. All we do is plant the seed, God makes it grow.

Many Christians do become angry when God is blasphemed, we will defend Him because we love Him, not because He needs our help. It is like someone saying something bad about one of our parents, except this is stonger and just as atheists become angry because we defend God.

Jesus spoke of this division many times.

God bless you,
Mercy

Old 10-08-2011, 04:07 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,691,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
The only thing that angers me is the length that people will go to in their quest for willful stupidity, and only because these are the people that are the cancer in society with their hatred, bigotry and delusional views.
You mean people like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson?
AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
Jerry Falwell

Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.
Pat Robertson

Quote:
This is the same view you are professing others are???UHM? You are judging because someone believes in God, yet you do not want to be judged because you may not believe.
No, not because they believe in god, but because many use their holy books to justify bigotry and hatred.

Quote:
Anyone who does not believe in God is in rebellion against God. However I myself have no anger against an atheist. They have not been chosen by God at this time, this is His sovereign choice.
I have no power to hep them believe, only Jesus can do this. All we do is plant the seed, God makes it grow.
You are being silly... One cannot be in rebellion against what one does not believe exists...Have you rebelled against vampires?

Quote:
Many Christians do become angry when God is blasphemed, we will defend Him because we love Him, not because He needs our help. It is like someone saying something bad about one of our parents, except this is stonger and just as atheists become angry because we defend God.
Why would atheists get angry at someone defending what we consider a myth?... We do not want myths as the basis for our lives, laws or the education of our children, and will continue to resist efforts by the religious to install them in those areas.

Quote:
Jesus spoke of this division many times.

Mercy
How do you know what Jesus spoke of? Even his existence as a man has never been proven.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:45 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,892,193 times
Yo there! yes, it is, for some.
Glad it is not, "for you."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality