U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2011, 01:45 PM
 
52 posts, read 46,418 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
In defense of the Christians. Most of them live in countries that are majority Christian and they probably feel that any speaking out would be seen as being anti-Christian. There are few roads they can follow without condemning what they themselves believe. It is difficult for one to believe that evil dwells within the same house one lives in. It is hard for a child to ever see evil in their parent.

This is not true at all. No one would ever be labeled "antichrisitian" for condemning evils commited by church goers of men of the cloth. There is nothing "Christian-like" in commiting evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2011, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 12,520,840 times
Reputation: 7377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraman View Post
This is not true at all. No one would ever be labeled "antichrisitian" for condemning evils commited by church goers of men of the cloth. There is nothing "Christian-like" in commiting evil.
Where is the condemnation? Where are the protesters on the street? Do you deny that they are Christians? What verses in the Bible do they use to justify their actions? Ask any one of them if they are Good christians and they will say they are. Look at the likes of Tony Alamo, he is still strongly supported by "Good Christians".

Why don't Christians protest and clean up the filth in their own yards before attacking those who believe different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 02:19 PM
 
52 posts, read 46,418 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Where is the condemnation? Where are the protesters on the street? Do you deny that they are Christians? What verses in the Bible do they use to justify their actions? Ask any one of them if they are Good christians and they will say they are. Look at the likes of Tony Alamo, he is still strongly supported by "Good Christians".

Why don't Christians protest and clean up the filth in their own yards before attacking those who believe different?

There is no relationship between the teachings of Jesus and the evils being commited. That is not so with Islam, however. Allah turns a blind eye to everything from mass murder to pedophelia. In fact, Islam teaches that Allah loves Muhammad, evils and all, and no one is allowed to despise him, not even the God of the Bible is allowed to hate on him or else they be murdered. The whole demonic purpose of Islam is to foce people into loving all that is evil and to despise all that is holy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 12,520,840 times
Reputation: 7377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraman View Post
There is no relationship between the teachings of Jesus and the evils being commited. That is not so with Islam, however. Allah turns a blind eye to everything from mass murder to pedophelia. In fact, Islam teaches that Allah loves Muhammad, evils and all, and no one is allowed to despise him, not even the God of the Bible is allowed to hate on him or else they be murdered.
Is your defense of Christianity, is for you to condemn Islam?


Muslim have spoken out against the evil ones who misuse Islam for their own gain and we will continue to do so. We admit and know that within our midst are those who wear the name of Muslim but do not worship Allaah(swt) or follow the Qur'an.

The Qur'an does not command us to kill Jews or Christians. We are however commanded to treat all people fairly and not to be aggressors. No where are we taught or commanded to mistreat women.

I realize you do not believe Islam is a Religion of Peace and I am not going to even think I could get you to see different. Your heart is hardened and closed to all views that do not match what you believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
6,907 posts, read 4,301,581 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraman View Post
There is no relationship between the teachings of Jesus and the evils being commited. That is not so with Islam, however. Allah turns a blind eye to everything from mass murder to pedophelia. In fact, Islam teaches that Allah loves Muhammad, evils and all, and no one is allowed to despise him, not even the God of the Bible is allowed to hate on him or else they be murdered. The whole demonic purpose of Islam is to foce people into loving all that is evil and to despise all that is holy.
Did Jesus ever talk against such evils? or did he forgive them and allow them to reoccur? Jesus also turned a blind eye to everything from mass murder to pedophelia; and still does, if such a fairy exists.

Are you an ex-muslim?
have you deeply studied Islam?
or are you just needlessly running your mouth?

You say you know what a true Muslim should act like and believe, yet you aren't a true Muslim... is that hypocrisy, stupidity, or true and studied scholarly genius?

Some of your sentences are so filled with ignorant hatred that they aren't even close to coherent; so IMHO, i think it's easy to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 AM
 
34,541 posts, read 8,904,414 times
Reputation: 4797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraman View Post
The problem with newly freed Islammic countries is tha fact that the people there are all pro-Muhammad. They vote his influence into power, and them it's the same thing all over again.
The problem here is suggesting that they are not entitled to vote in whoever they please, whether we in the west happen to approve or not.

All through the war of Libyaration, we cheered them on in getting rid of their dictator while at the same time wetting our knickers that they were were gong to throw up some sort of Islamic state with implacable hatred of the West.

Even if they did, the West is not global police and is not entitled to approve or disapprove (in any interventionist way, I mean) of the political system a people decide for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
 
Location: USA
18,560 posts, read 13,692,189 times
Reputation: 12139
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The problem here is suggesting that they are not entitled to vote in whoever they please, whether we in the west happen to approve or not.

All through the war of Libyaration, we cheered them on in getting rid of their dictator while at the same time wetting our knickers that they were were gong to throw up some sort of Islamic state with implacable hatred of the West.

Even if they did, the West is not global police and is not entitled to approve or disapprove (in any interventionist way, I mean) of the political system a people decide for themselves.
"we cheered them on in getting rid of their dictator while at the same time wetting our knickers that they were were gong to throw up some sort of Islamic state with implacable hatred of the West."
Sounds like Iraq, doesn't it. War is hell and as bad as it is for us in the USA it is a much worse hell for those who come up against us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2011, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,718 posts, read 4,596,224 times
Reputation: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Where is the condemnation? Where are the protesters on the street? Do you deny that they are Christians? What verses in the Bible do they use to justify their actions? Ask any one of them if they are Good christians and they will say they are. Look at the likes of Tony Alamo, he is still strongly supported by "Good Christians".

Why don't Christians protest and clean up the filth in their own yards before attacking those who believe different?
I think you misread his post. He was saying the exact same thing as you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top