U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:28 AM

78 posts, read 188,089 times

Advertisements

Well people have always wanted a savior whom spared you from going to the place known as hell. Hell has many names from Haitees, Masef, underworld, avesta, Diyu, Jahammanam and Naraka. What is the purpose of hell though? Is it a good thing to be put in hell? What if you add all the bad things you have done in life that where criminally terrible? Well since the rise of civilization mankind has wanted to know what is at the end of life. I will tell you amazing stories of the soul and the basis of faith & our souls.

Well how many read the bible and read the inscriptions of what hell looks like? In fact hell is supposably a place of fire & brimstone where our sins will be put to the test yet hell isn't really what the bible in fact describes it entirely. Other books tell of hell in a similar yet more darker place. Hindus believe the "moon" is in fact hell and as our souls are lifted up into the heavens we are put into the moon. Well what in fact is hell to modern day humans? People are too afraid to admit hell is a place where you are tortured for eternity yet does any manuscript say your in hell for eternity? No, in fact the bible does not state you will be put in hell for eternity but only until you accept Jesus or the father as your savior.

Some people say that the church was made to scare people about death this is not true lets go to one of the Apocryphal books: apocalypse of St. Peter:
The Scripture saith that the children which have been exposed (by their parents) are delivered to a care-taking angel by whom they are educated, and made to grow up, and they shall be, it saith, as the faithful of an hundred years old are here (in this life). b. (41. 2) Wherefore also Peter in the Apocalypse saith: And a flash (lightning) of fire leaping from those children and smiting the eyes of the women.

This is a description of what some might say that the text claims that (in this life) claims to show what most scholars believe in a certain type of reincarnation method in which their is more than one heaven or hell. Well even today this book is not considered heretical at all in fact this book is widely accepted just not in the protestant books. this excerpt derives basically in the "ethioptic" canaan. This text is in fact quite scary in a sense. Yet in a way it makes you think why all the things i've done wrong I deserve this?

Well lets go to another text the koran what is their term of hell? They also believe a theology thats in the apocalypse of Peter that you won't be in hell for eternity. Muslims believe in hell and they call it Masef or Jahr. They believe the "dijaal" or deciever will make you worship him but the belief in islam is that you are in fact in an eternal sleep until the day of Judgement where you will most likely go to heaven and be forgiven by "allah" during the end times. In fact christians looked at this muslim theology and considered them as heretics because Allah demanded the killing of non-muslims.

Even the first, christians where against murder. A document at the council of Nicea was written that contained many reasons why many books where banned it wasn't just because they where heretic but because they demanded "murder" & "hate". In fact much of the books that where destroyed contained racist yet bias ideas towards Jews, as well as other races isn't that a little peculiar? Well back to the battle for the souls.

The bhuddist tradition of hell is a lot more similar to the christian hell than the hindu tradition. Reincarnation was miniaturized to a minimal idea. The Bhuddist hell is very horrifying in fact it is bloody and contains monsterous creatures live in a place called "diyu" the god of death of bhuddism is known as "Yama" yet "yama" is considered mainly of Japanese myth it also derives from chinese bhuddist myth with the other name "mara". Much of bhuddist myth teaches their are many hells including many underworlds. They also teach that every soul "chakra" has a means to have a heaven or hell imbalmed into our minds. So heaven & hell is in us all.

Another religion known as "Zoroastrianism" is a persian religion in which hell is given a whole new meaning. In zoroastrianism you chose where you want to go. Really you get to choose where you want to go? In fact Zoraastrianism is a very old faith once the rival of islam it contained many followers even till today with over 250,000 members. Its belief in hell is simple Hell is called "avesta" is a place where your soul is torture to where you become a demon. Zorastrianism is chosen by good faith in one god "ahura mazda" whom will show you the light. Then you can go to heaven. Zoroastrianism is a very religion to which the good and evil are chosen.

You choose your faith?

Last edited by moloch123; 09-25-2011 at 11:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 AM

1,387 posts, read 2,114,288 times
I didn't choose. I just don't have faith that any of this is true at all.
I am not sure how I could get my mind to go to that place of a willful suspension of disbelief.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:42 AM

12,466 posts, read 14,626,550 times
I have never looked to a "savior" to spare me from going to "hell"....I am my own savior...I don't fear what will happen when I die... I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:45 AM

Question This is real information pal.

I am well known with the ancient faiths. I am well know with all religions as well as the concepts to which religions live by. most people have never read any of these ancient scriptures read one of them it might make you a little interesting for once. Im not forcing you to believe but i am forcing you to think......

Old 09-25-2011, 12:01 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,567,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch123 View Post
Well lets go to another text the koran what is their term of hell? They also believe a theology thats in the apocalypse of Peter that you won't be in hell for eternity. Muslims believe in hell and they call it Masef or Jahr. They believe the "dijaal" or deciever will make you worship him but the belief in islam is that you are in fact in an eternal sleep until the day of Judgement where you will most likely go to heaven and be forgiven by "allah" during the end times. In fact christians looked at this muslim theology and considered them as heretics because Allah demanded the killing of non-muslims.
While I agree with much of what you say there are a few errors. The Dajjal is what the non Arab speaking people call the Anti-Christ. He will appear in the final days and attempt to lead people from the truth but he will be defeated by Jesus(as) and the Mehdi.

We believe those who die a righteous death will sleep peacefully in their graves until the Day of resurection and the final judgement. Those who die withoutrepentence and are not remorseful for their wrong doings will begin their suffering while in the grave. also some who face only a temporary punishment may face and complete their punishment before the resurrection.

There are several words used for hell the most common is Jahannum which is used in the Qur'an and by Arabic speaking Christians and is used in the Arabic translations of the bible. It is virtually identical to the Hebrew Gehanna and the Islamic concept of hell is nearly identical to the Christian concept of Hell especially as viewed by the Catholics and Orthodox. However we do believe hell will just be temporary for all who die as a Muslim except those who die unrepentant of the sin of shirk.

As for non-Muslims who die, that is between them and Allaah(swt) but we do know Allaah(swt) is all just and all Merciful. Only those truly deserving of eternal Hell will be destined for an eternity of Punishment. We are told that a portion of the Jews and Christians will go to Jannah (Heaven)

Also Islam does not demand the Killing of non-Muslims. That is an age old misquoting of the Qur'an that has persisted for over 100 years now. It is a fairly new accusation made against us in the past 100-200 years. I believe (Just my opinion) that came about because so many Missionaries that went into Muslim countries converted to Islam. They still do. the Missionaries are among the people most likely to accept Islam.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:16 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,579,601 times
Much of what Christians commonly believe about the concept of hell is taken from Dante, not the bible.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:22 PM

Unhappy The Shiia Al-mahdi

Well the mahdi is not mentiond in the koran but a belief that has surrounded Shiia muslims for nearly since the 13th century. Mahdi was a
human" whom was a prophet even said, to be greater that Mohaammad in fact his birth was said, to be a miracle because he could talk as a baby. This is really to good to be true. i am a former muslim as well but I still believe in some islamic myths including the story of solomon and the story of Jesus(Isa) as a child. Shiia'a are to much against other faiths. In fact I don't like Shiia islam because they teach hate against many religions as well as certain muslims in which they kill their own people. "They believe in conquering the whole world creating what they call a Caliphate." one day "Isa" will return and show the world that he was truly divine and that he is not "allahs" servent but he is greater than him. The koran teaches much about hating Jews & christians while the bible teaches love and peace and to love thy neighbor yet muslims are killing eachother and blaming the other faiths openly. Not all muslims are bad I have many muslim friends and I accept them at heart I once was a muslim myself but i was lost and I found christianity but Islam will one day fall like every other religion has until the return.

There was never a image of the mahdi so how do you know he exists? There are many names for "allah"? Why not only one name? Allah actually means in hebrew to accurse. Plus allah is actually an arab moon god called "allilah" by the ancient arabs.............

Old 09-25-2011, 01:02 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,567,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch123 View Post
There was never a image of the mahdi so how do you know he exists? There are many names for "allah"? Why not only one name? Allah actually means in hebrew to accurse. Plus allah is actually an arab moon god called "allilah" by the ancient arabs.............
Allaah(swt) is a rather complex word. It's meaning is all of his attributes combined. As an Arabic word and not as a name it is more properly written as Al Laah which equates to being the epitome or highest. As the name (Usually written as Allah) it is spelled in Hebrew with the letters Alif Lah and Hah and is of the same root as the Hebrew Elohim.

One confusion arises from the word lilah/al-lilah which is the generic word of a god. Yes the Ancient Arabs did worship multiple gods and these could be called al-lilah(the god). But Islam never worshiped a Moon god. That myth seems to be a new myth formed by some Evangelicals. Became popular with a propaganda pamphlet that came out a few years ago and is still being dropped off in laundromats and convenience stores throughout the USA,

The Mahdi is mentioned in the ahadith in Sahih Muslim:

(5) Abu Nadra reported:" We were in the company of Jabir b. 'Abdulldh that he said it may happen that the people of Iraq may not send their qafiz and dirhams (their measures of food stuff and their money). We said: Who would be respolisible for it? He said: The non_Arabs would prevt them. He again said: There is the possibility that the people of Syria may not send their dinar and mudd. We said: Who would be responsible for it? He said This prevention would be made by the Romans. He (Jabir b. Abdullab) kept quiet for a while and then reported Allah', s Messengdt (may peas be upon him) having said There would be a caliph in the last (period) of my Ummah who would freely give handfuls of wealth to thd people wiothout counting it. I said to Abu Nadra and Abu al-'Ala: DO you mean 'Umarb. 'Abd al-Aziz? They said: No (he would be Imam Mahdi.). (Book #041, Hadith #6961)

And from Dawud

(3) Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah. Abdullah ibn Ja'far said: I heard AbulMalih praising Ali ibn Nufayl and describing his good qualities. (Book #36, Hadith #4271)

(4) Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Mahdi will be of my stock, and will have a broad forehead a prominent nose. He will fill the earth will equity and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny, and he will rule for seven years. (Book #36, Hadith #4272)

We Sunni do not believe Imam al-Mahdi has been born yet as he will not be born until the last generation, during which we believe will also be the freeing of Dajjal and the Return of Jesus(as)

The Shi'i do differ considerably from the Sunni regarding the Mahdi. the Shi'i (of the twelvers sect) do believe the Ayatoullah is the Mahdi.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:36 PM

Cool Does god make mistakes?

Many muslims have used many books from gnostiscm including the gospel of barnabbas, gospel of judas, Infancy gospel of thomas, and many others. Most muslims havn't exactly read these texts. Much of islam is based on these texts..including Isa becoming a ghost outside his body and letting someone taking place of him on the cross. Also the story of jesus as a child is stolen from the infancy gospel of thomas. Even one of Mohammads wives where in fact a Gnostic (from a sect of christianity) Mohammad never mentions anythything new in the koran. Also much of the koran is in fact excerpts from "early arab poets" includng "adet edeen" a most famous person who traveled with many people maybe "mohammad" in medina.

Plus much of the koran makes allah seem as if he makes mistakes? He changed praying from Palestine to Mecca. Why would a god make a mistake? Plus allah demanded that Mohamamd marry a nine year old named Aisha? Well why would mohammad have a nine year old wife? Plus mohammad made much of his works from a ancient very heretical sect who where the first to speak "syriac" but not all where heretical some where high believers in Jesus in fact they knew he died on the cross which brought mohammad against them he would lose in battle against the "sabeans" so mohammad did lose in battle many times so how great is allah? I know that the gospel of barnabbas was written by a muslim who created the book. It ended up being a 18th century forgery in fact yet pope geleasius mentions it in clear format saying "those that have wrote this gospel where against god at heart and it is gnostic in origin and sinful." Modern muslims love this book still as much as the Koran to be exact. they still believe it with clarity.

As you know the the symbols of (pbuh) it is in fact against muslim doctrine in fact it is called "peace be upon him" but it doesn't mean that really it is in fact cryptic it states something very wrong Salla-llahu-wassallam means lo! allah and his angels pray upon the prophet. Oh yea who, believe pray on him and salute him with peace. What is the true meaning you might ask? Does allah pray? it is against muslim theology because we pray to allah but he doesn't pray for us does allah only pray to mohammad? So many muslims are following false doctrine. Yet they can still see the light.

A great book I encourage you to read is two:
The quran dilemma &
islam revealed by Dr. Anis A. Shorrosh

Old 09-25-2011, 02:06 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,416,076 times
I don't think Hell in the Bible is a physical place, as it involves the soul of man, not the body. I think the true torment is being for being separated from the love and presence of God for all eternity. None of His light, His creation, His goodness. That is truly eternal torment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality