Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:25 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
What do you tell them? Use a condom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 08:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
One can't help but notice how relaxed and comfortable Christians are about heterosexual sins.

You'll never find a ballot initiative to outlaw premarital sex. No one wants the government to enforce anti-adultry laws.

If only Christians would spend as much time removing the planks from their eyes as they do concentrating on that 6% of the people who have a but a spec.
Should we call for a vote from all good Christians on making it illegal for girls who are not virgins to get married?

They really should be stoned to death - because "the Bible tells me so".

Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I recommend all christians to begin experimenting with sex in their teens. Once, in the twenties, they should try multiple partners and various combinations. By their thirties they should be experienced and know what they want in a marriage partner.

I have to agree with you here. I think people who marry & haven't sowed thier oats are more likey to cheat. Once they find out that they are not getting what they want in bed.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:23 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I have to agree with you here. I think people who marry & haven't sowed thier oats are more likey to cheat. Once they find out that they are not getting what they want in bed.
Which I think is a valid issue regarding the morality of pre-marital sex, and whether the Bible is clear or accurate regarding it.

Promiscuity is certainly not something I'd advocate, but at the same time, sexual compatibility is very important in a marriage, and not everyone is compatible. So what do you do if you get married and find out you 2 are not sexually compatible in any way? Biblically, divorce is a sin, so it leads to a sexless, possibly loveless marriage. Doesn't sound like God's intention to me.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:35 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,042,995 times
If it was good enough for Ruth and Boaz, David and Bathsheba, Judah and Tamar, etc, etc, - it should be good enough for those people using them as role models, right?

In the New Testament, Paul advocated NOT getting married unless you just couldn't keep your sinful sexual desires under control and just HAD to have sex. Paul was a prude, and very boring and it's a crying shame Christians became Paulines. Jesus seems to have been more laid-back. Well, except for that end-of-the-world ****...

Old 09-28-2011, 08:00 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
It's been almost 2000 years since Christians were fed to lions, and you're still convinced you're being persecuted. Give it a rest.
Christians are being persecuted today despite being the diabolical persecutors of centuries past. Give it a rest.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Christians are being persecuted today despite being the diabolical persecutors of centuries past. Give it a rest.
Yes, look at them all being dragged out of their homes and thrown into torture chairs - those christians! Do they look for the Christ's Mark on their flesh, or poke them with needles?
You're not referring to the constant assaults of science and technology upon the walls of christian fundamentalism as 'persecution', are you?

I'm just curious as to how christians are being persecuted?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:12 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Should we call for a vote from all good Christians on making it illegal for girls who are not virgins to get married?

They really should be stoned to death - because "the Bible tells me so".
You're not bitter about something, are you?

Not everything in the Bible applies to Christians. There's Old Covenant and New Covenant.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
You're not bitter about something, are you?

Not everything in the Bible applies to Christians. There's Old Covenant and New Covenant.
I suppose that depends on whether you ask Paul or the writer of the Gospel of Matthew and his depiction of Jesus ....

But then again, it's pretty misguided to start applying 2000 year old teachings to modern situations. After all, Jesus told everyone to give away their money and their families to get ready for the imminent end-times, and I don't see many christians doing THAT. Context, context.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I'm just curious as to how christians are being persecuted?
By having to hear how others are enjoying sex, while their churches preach fire and hell to anyone who even thinks of sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality