U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:46 AM

12,130 posts, read 8,102,399 times

Advertisements

As someone of one of those OTHER belifes I though this was an intresting story. So much for sepration of church & state. You can't get anymore unconstitutional then this Moderator cut: deleted The arrogance of the preacher makes me want to throw up. My question is that of the 30 day programs don't work then why can't they finds ones that do?

The Wild Hunt Church or Jail: Would a Local Coven Count?

Last edited by june 7th; 09-27-2011 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 PM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
So I guess all the christians that sin will just keep going to church......and the rest of the people can endure forced extreme hypocricy....or jail.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,249,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
As someone of one of those OTHER belifes I though this was an intresting story. So much for sepration of church & state. You can't get anymore unconstitutional then this crap. The arrogance of the preacher makes me want to throw up. My question is that of the 30 day programs don't work then why can't they finds ones that do?

Oh no. Absolutely no but, if they're throwing in a free expungement it may be worth giving the side-eye.

Last edited by gabfest; 09-27-2011 at 01:33 PM..

Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 PM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
Doesn't this beg the question....Do only "non-christians" commit crimes?.....

Old 09-27-2011, 09:21 PM

12,899 posts, read 18,446,350 times
Can I go to this church?

BL Church of Violence Clip - YouTube

Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,060,346 times
News, Offenders in Ala. town can choose jail or church., Christianity Forum, 10 replies
New Sentencing Option: Church Instead of Jail, Politics and Other Controversies Forum, 27 replies
Church Attendance Instead of Jail, Politics and Other Controversies Forum, 55 replies

There are 3 other threads on this topic.
The one in P&OC is pretty interesting.

Church Attendance Instead of Jail

Old 09-28-2011, 05:05 AM

3,488 posts, read 3,148,042 times
Boy, people get a "get out of jail free" card, and they don't like it - because it's not in their favorite color or flavor. If they're that stubborn - I say let 'em stay in jail and serve time.
And comparing a coven to a church? Please... One's members drive cars, and the other's members drive broomsticks. Big difference!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:22 AM

3,488 posts, read 3,148,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Can I go to this church?

BL Church of Violence Clip - YouTube
Ha! It might be safer to just stay home and read the Bible...

Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 AM

7,811 posts, read 5,059,606 times
Still at least people are recognising that going to church constitutes a form of punishment.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 AM

6,824 posts, read 4,866,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
As someone of one of those OTHER belifes I though this was an intresting story. So much for sepration of church & state. You can't get anymore unconstitutional then this Moderator cut: deleted The arrogance of the preacher makes me want to throw up. My question is that of the 30 day programs don't work then why can't they finds ones that do?

Don't bother with a Church. Start reading the Bible. Start a Bible study.

Check out the "Blue Letter Bible." I recommend checking out some of Chuck Missler's exigesis.

Than you can see how the modern so-called "Christian" "Churches" are in a massive state of apostasy across the United States.

Many have chosen the way of Baalim meaning... selling out for their 15 minutes of fame to their own destruction.

One of the greatest judgments is upon the false Shepard's/teachers leading the sheep astray. One thing we can't escape is death. They will then find out their pleasures were in vain, but it will be too late then.

The window of opportunity is now. The scriptures say once we die, ALL that are unsaved have no hope. the scriptures talk about an eternal existence of the soul/the real you when no one is looking.

It is a free gift folks. We accept it by putting on Christ living in faith to what he says. It is the simplicity in Christ that organized "Christianity" doesn't want you to hear. It's because many have sold out to tithes being poor witnesses.

John 3:18-20

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"
Hebrews 9:27

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."
Daniel 12:2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality