Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 AM

78 posts, read 291,631 times

Advertisements

How many of us have wanted something greater than us to reveal itself? To bring forth an age of everlasting hope & understanding. Since the beginning of time mankind has wanted the revealing of all that has been lost my next thread will be about a distinct point in our lifetime that has grown stupendously the growth of faith!

Many of us as humans have studied many great works of literature that to us seem a little bit un-true yet very some see as inspiring. Well since the dawn of our existence even we looked at something as and we feel it but is it truly real? We as humans seek the ultimate reality! That every thing we live by will suddenly change in a position to that the un-explained can be heard.

For millenia the world has seen the rise and fall of civilizations and we think what if one civilization purhaps succeeded and changed history as we know it? We would all be speaking german or russian right now would we? In fact in history their have been triumphent yet dark-minded individuals who's mind was brought to bring down their enemies.

Are first example is very simple "the crusaders" they wanted to take over Jerusalem at all costs. In fact if they where captured they demanded to be executed or "martyred" because they believed in god so much that they would die for that given purpose in life. In fact the crusaders where like modern day suicide bombers who would die for their ultimate reality at all costs necessary.

another example is of Alexander the great whom succeeded in creating a empire greater than any other . He was a great battle commander yet he was a terrible politician which probably lead to his downfall. He demanded the conquering of the persian empire which for centuries before became the strongest yet influencial people of the near east. Without the help of the spartans and greeks persia may still be one of the greatest superpowers in history.

Many heard of the miltary campaigns of "atilla the hun" in which some documents contained that he was nice and well to do yet others proclaim his as a dark-minded despit who's will was to conquer at will. His civilization expanded much but ceased later on as the military campaigns began to depart.

As much of us seek the ultimate reality is their in fact improbabilities that consist in our modern world? I say yes many civilizations fall because they can't cooperate together as well as say to one another "we want peace" still today peace is not our motto in fact wars are occuring due to poverty and many other factors.

Since many years disagreements have increased from opposite ideologies to contradictions that are made. Today many of us are selfish and inconsiderate for one another. From people blaming one another to great loss of morality. Family values have greatly diminished and to losing sight into what life truly represents.

Civilization is at witz end and it isn't long till we find out the unlimate reality!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 10:43 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Tell us the story of Bel and the dragon. It's almost half as good as Lord of the Rings.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 AM

Default Bel and the dragon

Well it is a good story I can talk about I guess it is about the book of daniel and the biblical "bel and the dragon never existed in which daniel proves it by proving in seven nights nobody would go into the temple and he would prove that bel and the dragon never existed I'll tell the story if you want?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:09 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch123 View Post
Well it is a good story I can talk about I guess it is about the book of daniel and the biblical "bel and the dragon never existed in which daniel proves it by proving in seven nights nobody would go into the temple and he would prove that bel and the dragon never existed I'll tell the story if you want?
When Chango made that request, I think he was quoting from the Book of Sarcasm (Chapter 5, Verse 11, if I'm not mistaken).

Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 AM

Smile Yes the book of sarcasm

Any book considered to be holy their of should be respected no matter how peculiar it is so please be ver considerate for the writer...In fact my purpose for this part is an introduction to the Apocryphal books which help us understand early religion as well as hidden knowledge that shaped the ancient world. I will write down many stories to be exact this is the purpose of the apocrypha to show reality as it truly is and please be more civilized and understanding...Ethroma Kadhi (bring prace)_ancient coptic

Old 09-27-2011, 08:50 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
Sorry moloch123 but your stories are myths, and that's all they are. Sorry.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,042,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
When Chango made that request, I think he was quoting from the Book of Sarcasm (Chapter 5, Verse 11, if I'm not mistaken).
Tell him it's apocryphal and then he might 'get' it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality