Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:04 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,910,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I believe in a universal force of Love that is behind everything and inside everyone. I choose to call it God. I also believe that universe has more dimensions than we can directly perceive, and that those dimensions may not be as linear in space-time as four dimensions we experience consciously. I believe these properties of the Universe explain what many of us understand to be spirituality/the supernatural and reincarnation. I believe what we understand to be science and spirituality now are still searching for answers
That's very close to what I believe, namely this universal force, or as I often call it, an 'energy'. For me it's undefined; I cannot say I know what it is. For lack of a better word and to dispense with the use of the awkward (in my mind) word 'energy', I also have come to call this force 'God' or 'Spirit' or some other word usually associated with a higher being (though I do not believe this force is any one being). I also feel that some people and things have more of it than others.

The multi-dimensionality of the world and our inablity to perceive all of it is something I am very interested in. I believe all the dimensions are somehow linked together, though in various ways and strengths of connections, and that it can influence the personality and mind-set (and lives) of individuals (once agian, some moreso than others).

Your post has stated all this much more eloquently than what I can come up with at the moment. If truth be told, I am still working on defining my spiritual beliefs though I have come a long way even just one year ago in understanding what rings true for me. For just one year ago or slightly more than that, I had considered myself an agnostic. After much meditation, I believe quite differently; I now feel much more at peace with myself and the world around me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 07:15 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,482,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I am Guh nah gay Tah woe dee of the Jah la kee (Black Hawk of the Tsalagi) Cherokee) I am Keetoowah. I believe in honoring our Elders. They teach that at the end of our life walk, we should leave no tracks other than our family's and our students. For the Keetoowah, the practice of meditation is the highest act of living. Each step is considered a prayer to life by all of the Creator's children,who are taught to walk lightly upon Grandmother Earth and to respect others in their beliefs or non beliefs.
Keetoowah, includes all acts of learning traditional ways-everything involved in achieving the correct position in relationship to one's own path, family, community, nation, and Creation as a whole. All living things have a Spirit and all living things should be respected.osay

To all the pagans, by Christian standards I would be considered one of the ancient pagans....

You speak of ancestor worship & the spark of intellegence. Just for the record I don't believe that any claming to be Pagan/Christian, other wise worship the same way people did some 2,000 years ago.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM

10,604 posts, read 11,637,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
You speak of ancestor worship & the spark of intellegence. Just for the record I don't believe that any claming to be Pagan/Christian, other wise worship the same way people did some 2,000 years ago.
You are entitled to what you want to believe and I do not criticize yours, do not criticize mind and the OP did not ask for debate on who believed in what or not. I state my belief, I do not ask for your approval nor anyone else's, this is my belief and culture and comes down to me through many generations, there are still some of us Elders around and we still believe the ancient ways.osay

Old 10-03-2011, 07:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,482,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You are entitled to what you want to believe and I do not criticize yours, do not criticize mind and the OP did not ask for debate on who believed in what or not. I state my belief, I do not ask for your approval nor anyone else's, this is my belief and culture and comes down to me through many generations, there are still some of us Elders around and we still believe the ancient ways.osay

I am not saying that you can't believe as you wish & I am not trying to critcize yours. I am just stating I don't believe that as people we worshiped the same as people did as the ancients. With people adding & subtracting things it's almost impossible. I meant no harm.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,159,318 times
My spiritual belief is to closely inspect tattoos on women's bodies.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I am not saying that you can't believe as you wish & I am not trying to critcize yours. I am just stating I don't believe that as people we worshiped the same as people did as the ancients. With people adding & subtracting things it's almost impossible. I meant no harm.

If you meant no harm than you should not have criticized to begin with. I doubt that you know anything of my cultural and spiritual belief, so I also doubt if you know that there are still those of us that believe the ancient ways of our people, do not speak of something that you know nothing about and if you wish to know, it's best to educate yourself first.osay

Old 10-03-2011, 08:32 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,126,641 times
My spirituality is music and beer my religion.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,321,083 times
I believe in Love. I believe that if we all exercised our heart emotionally more than we are told, things would be very different. I believe that we are all one, everything came from this earth, takes from this earth and one day will give that life back to the earth. This is why we shouldn't toxify out bodies and land. I believe that the earth leaves us clues to how far we have come and where we are going. Think about it, why do we find some remains of an ancient person, but not all the people from that time.

Take only what you need from the earth, don't rip the land apart for you jewelry, electronics, and other wanted goods.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
My spirituality is music and beer my religion.
Two very ancient spirits...

Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,707,557 times
i believe in the>>>( if? god)<<< ..until i figure out if the if god exist!!! i will just call him if..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality