U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 AM

15,511 posts, read 12,631,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I know the game of which you speak, however do you know of the Jewish faith and their tradition of their sacred book, it has not change for thousands of years and it has checks and balances to make sure that everything is correct as it was from the beginning of their belief, we of the Keetoowah do the same only ours is not written down, it is forbidden for us to do that because all of our ceremonies and rituals are sacred and they have not changed for over 15,000 years. This is also your culture and ancestry, maybe you should get to learn it, you may be surprised what you find out.osay

I would like to add to that the Qur'an of today is the same as it was 1400 years ago, and part of that is because we have the Hafiz, people of every generation who memorize the Qur'an. there are strict rulings on what makes one a hafiz and the final test is they must recite before a group of older Hafiz and each has to agree that you have not made one error in your recitation, including not even a mispronunciation of a single letter. Oral tradition is very consistent when it has checks and balances to keep it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 02:10 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,054,050 times
l think God exist, obvious as an immense positive force able to create the infinite uni-verse, an immense cosmic soul and we are just a little piece of it

l understand atheist ppl they do not wont a religio-brand, but do me a favour..........spirituality.....you can bet it ..........it's in you

Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 AM

5,463 posts, read 5,802,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganLady View Post
We are everywhere....
No, those are panentheists - bad attempt at religious humor, kind of like the Buddhist who wanted the hot dog guy to make him one with everything...

Anyway, to answer the op, none.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 AM

525 posts, read 747,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
So what other physical law can I use to prevent myself from splatting into the ground once I have fallen prey to that nefarious physical law of gravity? You say I can manipulate physical laws with other physical laws...
Inquiring minds want to know.

I figure spiritual laws are like pysical laws - after all: "on earth, as in heaven" and all that jazz.
jet propulsion, wings to provide lift.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:05 AM

525 posts, read 747,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
So what other physical law can I use to prevent myself from splatting into the ground once I have fallen prey to that nefarious physical law of gravity? You say I can manipulate physical laws with other physical laws...
Inquiring minds want to know.

I figure spiritual laws are like pysical laws - after all: "on earth, as in heaven" and all that jazz.
Spiritual laws cannot be manipulated as say man made laws and physical laws that is why they are at the top of the scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality