U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 12:13 PM

1,602 posts, read 2,632,599 times

Advertisements

For not doing to us what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah?

http://www.usccb.org/bible/genesis/genesis19.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 01:01 PM

3,488 posts, read 3,149,618 times
The fact that you're comparing two entirely different situations and God knows it and doesn't appreciate you questioning his divine will?
The fact that taking things out of context and applying them to foreign situations doesn't make them applicable?
The fact that God is probably very embarrased about some of the things written about him in a book penned by humans with their very human prejudices and bigotry showing very clearly?

How's that - for starters? I'd also like to add that:
The Devil made Him do it.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:29 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,917,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
For not doing to us what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah?

http://www.usccb.org/bible/genesis/genesis19.htm
Neither city had an NFL team.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:57 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,244,909 times
We don't rape strangers at the drop of a hat. Those were two cities, granted probably the size of what we'd call towns nowadays, who had been determined to have no redeemable individuals. There's probably no city in the US or world that really fits that now. We're not in Old Testament times so punishment doesn't have to be in this life. Want more?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:50 PM

2,670 posts, read 3,552,824 times
Perhaps God got a bum rap on the Sodom and Gommorah thing in the first place.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,043,929 times
It seems, no matter how hard something is to rid from existance, It keeps being reborn in the flesh....(cause unknow?) or is it said by Christ (You are making a den of robbers, sinners and thieves)..while kicking at the IDOL of his detest.
Now knowing that as a truth in this reality we are now in...which is based on that IDOL...could it be the second chance to right something that is in error...to correct a behavior pattern that is not acceptable to God...to tame it, to subdue it...to make understanding between "the creator" and the ones doing the physical error...which brings all kinds of woes and wrath onto the people they are hiding amongst...but that woe or wrath is lessoned to preserve some , and teach a lesson to others...without destroying those whom God wants to preserve.....a simple matter of moving away from those individuals...and leaving them exposed as they are...might prove something to the whole world....But like cockeroached they hide in the crevises of the cities...doing what they know is wrong *(once taught the word of God)+ Christ*..they continue to do what is said to be an abomonation to the lord....bringing in sicknesses and infections that bring death to some, and pain to others....Sexual ludeness....sex before wedlock...and because wedlock is for man and woman...those whom are a abomonation to the lord cannot have sex....so they change something to make it allowable?...does it not say that no word of God is to be changed??....and look that is just what is being done.....Oh no....more woe and wrath I imagine is coming...and while doing this...they went to warfare and slaughtering people...doesn"t matter who, nor why....the lies come out of its mouth piece....They hate us for our freedom...they say...So let us go murder them before they murder us....

and that makes everything alright?

I do not have to accept them as anything more than that....Just like a criminal is also in error, and should correct that in him or her self....

We are given grace in Time....but time is running out...and they still slaughter eachother and make humansacrifices and such...the norm.

Time is given, learning is being graced over us...and as we learn the consequences for our actions...we change and correct our errors and ways of thinking....In line with God...
For that is the eternal Truth....or those against God.

And they are being reborn...many to my knowledge!

So we know God is coming Again....Because the circle of Life demands it.

Time, It is like a Circle....going round and round...all get a chance to hear the word of Christ...and turn to doing what is right.....In the Garden....for God.
Those who do not turn...will eventually be cast out from amongst the living...or the living will be raised up, while the Earth is destroyed...and remade.

One of those senerios is listed in Biblical text....as always coming....either we do it, or God does it.

G.O.D. = Good only deserve....and they are the ones who do what God says....all of it...nothing omitted, nothing profaned, nothing changed to suite the wrong or error..or surplant with lies the truth, or profane the truth in any way to mislead .

"Let the Evil be Evil, the filthy be filty, the Holy be Holy, and the righteous still do right....my rewards are with me."

I can see the evil defiling children, the filty spreading deseases and infection amongst the populios...and the Holy Profaned and mocked, and the righteous put behind bars or worse...still making wars, asasinating, murdering, and imprisoning people for no good reason...while the abomonations make woopie.

Kinda makes me cry...But there it is all wrapped up in a nice little package of chaos!

I wonder what God does when time runs out?.....I believe this is where God says...it is Going to be worse off for them, then it was for those in Sodom and Gohmorrah...or in likeness it was tamer for them of old, then for them of new...for them of new know the word of Christ and God...So it will be worse for them...I believe something like that is meant...if one reads it for themselves...as being Holy words of God.

Last edited by Sir Les; 10-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: adding in word

Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 AM

51,284 posts, read 50,539,435 times
Don't forget Lot's wife:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/P...pillar_med.jpg

Old 10-02-2011, 11:25 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,352,057 times
Mmmm...salt...

Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM

8,038 posts, read 7,063,138 times
Just cause he hasn't done it YET, doesn't mean its in the works.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,244,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipso View Post
Something that does not exist is not in need of an "excuse."

Sodom and Gomorrah are two illogical tales about places that did not exist.

The bible is a farce almost from start to finish. These 2 cities are 2 excellent examples.
Yes yes and Ubar didn't exist either.

NOVA Online/Lost City of Arabia/Zarins Interview

I'm not saying for certain Sodom and Gomorrah existed but "that sounds stupid to me" is not proof of anything. Lots of things that really happened sound stupid. Maybe there is some basis to the story and maybe some cities like S&G were destroyed somehow. Or maybe it's all allegory. I don't know for certain and neither do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality