U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:28 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,079,568 times

Advertisements

Let's start a late-2011 thread about.... lesseee...
  1. Noah's Ark? (and NAMI™?)
  2. Geo-Stratification Denialism?
  3. AbioGenesis' Improbability?
  4. Or... my favorite: Denial of Evolution!

Yeah! Hey! C'Mon now, Christians. Surely yah got something new to say about those [domain blocked due to spam]?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 01:16 AM

2,675 posts, read 3,558,468 times
It just will never be the same without tom campbell here to keep it going in endless circles.....sigh

Old 10-02-2011, 01:21 AM

11,798 posts, read 21,385,643 times
I agree. C34 could always be counted upon.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:34 AM

30,040 posts, read 30,718,228 times
I'll bite....Evolution is bogus because, if it were true there would be no point in classifying species, because they all would just be changing into something else continuously. But we find none of that. The evolutionists’ theory suggests that fish grew legs and turned into mammals, and dinosaurs grew wings and turned into birds. If evolution were true, we’d be finding creatures that were:

3% fish, 97% land walking lizard
2% fish, 98% land walking lizard
1% fish, 99% land walking lizard
100% land walking lizard
99% land walking lizard, 1% mammal
98% land walking lizard, 2% mammal
97% land walking lizard, 3% mammal...and so on.

Essentially, evolution is a religion. It was concocted over 150 years ago, and they're still searching for that first shred of evidence. At this point, they seem to have given up on evidence, and instead just combine wild, unprovable theories with excuses. Myth of Evolution (http://www.themythofevolution.com/Site/Myth%20of%20Evolution.html - broken link)

Old 10-02-2011, 04:18 AM

34,779 posts, read 8,973,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Let's start a late-2011 thread about.... lesseee...
  1. Noah's Ark? (and NAMI™?)
  2. Geo-Stratification Denialism?
  3. AbioGenesis' Improbability?
  4. Or... my favorite: Denial of Evolution!

Yeah! Hey! C'Mon now, Christians. Surely yah got something new to say about those [domain blocked due to spam]?
"Noah's Ark? (and NAMI™?)"

Ok. While Wyatt's site is in a different place and NAMI's Ark might or might not be the real one, it can't be denied that persistent 'legends' about a Flood in everywhere from Sumer to Australia must argue that the Biblical flood is based in fact.

The argument about the Ark being impossible is based on a goddless mental denial of God's abilities. Is it so hard to imagine that the Lord directed two of each of his creation to march to the ark? And it was all one land mass in those days - Gonwanaland or Lemuria - it is all the same, so there were no seas to cross. And there were just a hundred or so animals. How do you like that, evolutionists with your 'millions of species?'.

In fact evolution is true just as geology is true (I'll get to that in a minute) because the original animals were
cat
Dog
sheep
bird
reptile
seal
cow
horse
bug
worm
mollusc
dinosaur
bush
flower
fungus
that's just sixteen. Easy to keep on the Ark. And the germs and bacteria were all carried by the animals or hid in the timbers of the Ark, so the silly objection about malaria germs and polio virus are easily answered. And once they were released into a re- created creation so it wasn't a muddy swamp as Bible deniers have argued but the proto - animals ran free and multiplied with God's help into all the millions of species we have now.

So why did all those dinosaurs die in the flood and then two smallish ones evolve into a thousand or more species from the feathered raptor to the Brachiosaur just to die out within a 10,000 year (+/- 5,000 years) period? Which actually happened because they are mentioned in the Bible and survived in Peru and Cambodia up to the 14th century AD - proof positive which evolutionists conveniently ignore -

The answer is obvious if you think outside of the Box within which Bible - deniers encase themselves. It's all part of God's plan.

Ahhh.. let's get coffee and toast. I can leave the other three. I've had my fun.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:59 AM

I'm also thinking outside my usual hard-edged and stubborn box, to the point that the neatly organized strata of sedimentary layers which anyone can clearly see in most highway "cut and fills" mayhaps were sprinkled by God, like flour on a board where one makes bread (this sprang to my furtuhl mind because yesterday I was busying myself with one of my other Creationist hobbies, making artisan breads. Imagine! A heathen, emotionless atheist "creating"" wondrous edible bread.... but that's better discussed in another thread I suppose; why use up all the good arguments in one bread-thread huh?).

Anyhow, perhaps God was just willy-nilly sprinkling these ash, riverine or wind-blown (loess?) deposits out onto His landscapes after He created them. This would, in fact, explain why they are curiously out of place in many situations, reversed, turned upside-down, or with an incongruous layer placed here undt there (Godt vas probably a stern-minded Gher-muhn, after all... I mean, wasn't it He who yelled: "Zoon, Vee Vill Take Over Zah Verldt!" Yes? No?)).

If such an undetermined layer exists on the uphill side (side "B")) of some displaced fault-slip line, it sort of DOES throw all the hard-edged scientific theorizing out, and demands a closer look at the alternate Creationist's version to be sure. The descriptor "Creationism" does allow for a wide latitude of variants, don't it? Esp. when you have a pre-determined specific end-game result in mind, and somehow need to git thar, by hell or high Noahatic waters....

Now as for that silly reductionist Evolutionary thinking, I'll have-tah prepare my response to you obviously misguided direction, sanspeur. Prepare for a full "Crossing the T" broadside assault. (See: British Naval Strategies)

Old 10-02-2011, 12:41 PM

Wink A "Suitable" answer! How? It's obvious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
"Noah's Ark? (and NAMI™?)"

...there were just a hundred or so animals. How do you like that, evolutionists with your 'millions of species?'.

In fact evolution is true just as geology is true (I'll get to that in a minute) because the original animals were
cat
Dog
sheep
bird
reptile
seal
cow
horse
bug
worm
mollusc
dinosaur
bush
flower
fungus
that's just sixteen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfl_atheist
(rifleman's Contemptuous Calculated Commentary™: I abso-know I've seen, in all those SS docu-comix, the ubiquitous giraffe, elephant and lion pairs peeking over the transom or bow observation decks. So where are they on your abso-list, AREQ..., pray tell?)
The answer is obvious if you think outside of the Box within which Bible - deniers encase themselves. It's all part of God's plan.

Ahhh.. let's get coffee and toast. I can leave the other three. I've had my fun.
Box-thinking is soooo constrained, don't you think? Bible-God didn't have any such categorizing boxes, until He created them! So He was Free to experiment, to try it all out. Then, later, when He found a setup and end-result that suited Him, he invented and then formalized the necessary rules that could have created and held it all in place, one that "resonated" with the results, an after-the-fact, post-realism Bass-Ackwards process.

Quite effective, I'd say! I mean, just look around you! Awesome = God.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,550,311 times
With proper selection of data and altering of facts any theory can be proven to be true. Therefore I believe the earth is only 71 years old as I know I could not see the world in 1939. If I was not here to see it, it could not have existed. The Earth is only 71 years old.

To back up my theory with facts I can submit my birth certificate dated in 1940. The family photo album which does not show me until the 1940s and my own memory which has no recollection of 1939.

Now the clincher phrase that all good emotional debaters use: "Prove that I am wrong."

Old 10-02-2011, 01:14 PM

Default How it all begat/began!

Welllllll... how's this inarguable retort, Woodrow? My dad, who recently passed away @ 98, had a once-cherished bible, bound in genuine leather, given to him by his grandmother on the occasion of dad's marriage to me mom in, I think, 1937. I now have that bible, which replaces the Gideon's bible I once [legally I swear!] wrested from a motel room. (I also should have picked up the free Book of Mormon, just as a reference as a future debating source-book you understand...).

Anyhow, the bible's somewhat finger-waggling inscription and thinly-veiled threat by my dad's fire and brimstone granny is dated 1937, BUT... the print version issue date is (Wwwhayyyt Fur it!) 1932!

Fifth printing, in fact. It's also clearly ID'd as a King James Version, so you KNOW its not to be trifled with; it MUST BE true, and it's a verifiably accurate accounting of...well... everything in God's World. I mean, they don't chant God Save The King for nothing, now do they?

Its impressive, to be sure. I get a sort of ionic Godly electric buzz when I pick it up and open it to a random page and begin to read about...whatever.

"The truth shall not be suppress-ed!"

I feel so... so.... saved! "And it's a peaceful, easy feeling...." ... sing along why don't you all?

Old 10-02-2011, 02:46 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,550,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Welllllll... how's this inarguable retort, Woodrow? My dad, who recently passed away @ 98, had a once-cherished bible, bound in genuine leather, given to him by his grandmother on the occasion of dad's marriage to me mom in, I think, 1937. I now have that bible, which replaces the Gideon's bible I once [legally I swear!] wrested from a motel room. (I also should have picked up the free Book of Mormon, just as a reference as a future debating source-book you understand...).

Anyhow, the bible's somewhat finger-waggling inscription and thinly-veiled threat by my dad's fire and brimstone granny is dated 1937, BUT... the print version issue date is (Wwwhayyyt Fur it!) 1932!

Fifth printing, in fact. It's also clearly ID'd as a King James Version, so you KNOW its not to be trifled with; it MUST BE true, and it's a verifiably accurate accounting of...well... everything in God's World. I mean, they don't chant God Save The King for nothing, now do they?

Its impressive, to be sure. I get a sort of ionic Godly electric buzz when I pick it up and open it to a random page and begin to read about...whatever.

"The truth shall not be suppress-ed!"

I feel so... so.... saved! "And it's a peaceful, easy feeling...." ... sing along why don't you all?
You mean I have been mislead all of these years?????

I can not accept that. I have my birth Certificat which proves the world was created in 1940. You have failed to prove me wrong. You have merely produced questionable documents All of which, unlike my proof, could have been falsified.

Besides that, (I think this is the place I am supposed to insult your integrity and call you names) You my erroneous friend are an Isosceles triangle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality