Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times

Advertisements

Recent human evolution tracked in a Quebec town.

Recent Human Evolution Detected in Quebec Town History | Wired Science | Wired.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Even more awkward...data collected by the Catholic church was studied as part of the evidence. There's some irony for ya.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:31 PM

593 posts, read 889,841 times
Mercury we have studied towns and others have intake intake of phyto-estrogens via many unfrermented soy products cause somewhat of an increase in ferility at an earlier age then in the past. The key finding is that the average young lady was found to have minstrural cycles as early as 9-10 years where previously in the mid 1900's it was 12-15.. Why? we found a direct relationship to soy based "formulas" given to infants in lieu of earlier breast feeding . The breast milk wasn't a connection or link even though the mom's did ingest soy products (unfermented) via many products. Following puberty though the girls continued to eat estrogen laced products, which may have put the frosting on the cake, but the later is speculation and needs more study to be fact or fiction. Additionally, men estrogen levels may have contributed, but the intake of phyto-estrogen via soy products,but that witch hunt questions an via association with this towns genesis. In closing it isn't about evolution it's about environment and external factors that may be playing a role of having a trickling down effect from the "evolution of processed "food" not changes in the species lol. As for the Catholic chruch it has little bearing on anything except their interest in anti-abortion seeing that younger the pregnancy group the more likely abortion may be considered? With adaption to environment perhaps creating fom physical changes in mankind their is less evidence than ever we evolved from anything thereby giving us little to default to than Adam and Eve and their little rascals. I saw and ape at Busch Gardens recenty and I asked him "why aren't ou a homosapien yet and he lifted his hand and gave me the bird that .....ape non-guy ass!

Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 10-03-2011 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: formating

Old 10-03-2011, 11:33 PM

8 posts, read 11,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
Mercury we have studied towns and others have intake intake of phyto-estrogens via many unfrermented soy products cause somewhat of an increase in ferility at an earlier age then in the past. The key finding is that the average young lady was found to have minstrural cycles as early as 9-10 years where previously in the mid 1900's it was 12-15.. Why? we found a direct relationship to soy based "formulas" given to infants in lieu of earlier breast feeding . The breast milk wasn't a connection or link even though the mom's did ingest soy products (unfermented) via many products. Following puberty though the girls continued to eat estrogen laced products, which may have put the frosting on the cake, but the later is speculation and needs more study to be fact or fiction. Additionally, men estrogen levels may have contributed, but the intake of phyto-estrogen via soy products,but that witch hunt questions an via association with this towns genesis. In closing it isn't about evolution it's about environment and external factors that may be playing a role of having a trickling down effect from the "evolution of processed "food" not changes in the species lol. As for the Catholic chruch it has little bearing on anything except their interest in anti-abortion seeing that younger the pregnancy group the more likely abortion may be considered? With adaption to environment perhaps creating fom physical changes in mankind their is less evidence than ever we evolved from anything thereby giving us little to default to than Adam and Eve and their little rascals. I saw and ape at Busch Gardens recenty and I asked him "why aren't ou a homosapien yet and he lifted his hand and gave me the bird that .....ape non-guy ass!

Das
I agree with this even though I'm an atheist. But this is because i believe in the ancient astronaut theory (Have since the 80's, but no I don't believe all of it as alot of it is just plain BS.) But the whole genetic modification thing and Panspermia make way more sense to me. If evolution is real then it's a preprogrammed thing. It's designed to work that way. As an atheist i don't believe in gods or crap like that but if not gods then what else? It had to be aliens. "Simulated Reality" I also find a fascinating Idea. Since I'm a computer engineer by profession that idea (simulated Reality) appeals to me as well. In fact it makes perfect sense that all this is happening within a computer simulation. Everything is made up of smaller particles and those are further made up of smaller particles which all follow rules. Predictable rules, the whole universe functions like a clock, like a program.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 PM

8 posts, read 11,622 times
Quote:
Even more awkward...data collected by the Catholic church was studied as part of the evidence. There's some irony for ya.
You seem disconnected. The Catholic Church is the most mature and scientific of all the major denominations of Christianity. Once again I must point out that atheists need to stop living 500 years in the past when the Catholic church was barbaric. It's nowhere near that now and in fact most Catholics don't even believe in hell and are very skeptical when approaching claims of demonic possession or hauntings or even miracles.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:43 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
... minstrural cycles...
Is that some new kind of bike??

I'll get my coat!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:11 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Das is right. More study needs to be done and it would not only be unscientific to jump to conclusions but it could blow up in the evolutionary face if it turns out to be non - heritable temporary group changes

"Milot recommended that natural selection not be dismissed out-of-hand by demographers and anthropologists. However, while heritability appeared to account for between 30 and 50 percent of first birth age, social factors still accounted for the other 50 to 70 percent."

I need hardly remind those who are twitchily wondering when any convincing evidence of evolution in higher animals or clear proof of speciation (macro -evolution) in any animals is going to be found, that anti - evolutionists are also twitchily waiting for an oportunity to scream 'Hoax' at the first opportunity.

I await some exhaustive further study, checking and peer - review.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:

Das
You didn't read the article, did you?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momokichi Momoi View Post
You seem disconnected. The Catholic Church is the most mature and scientific of all the major denominations of Christianity. Once again I must point out that atheists need to stop living 500 years in the past when the Catholic church was barbaric. It's nowhere near that now and in fact most Catholics don't even believe in hell and are very skeptical when approaching claims of demonic possession or hauntings or even miracles.
Really? The most mature and scientific, eh? So why does the Catholic church actively spread the vicious, blatant lie that condoms cause HIV? Riddle me that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...pe-anti-condom

Old 10-04-2011, 10:41 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
From the article:
Quote:
“I am inclined to have faith in the analyses since they are established within the quantitative genetic community,” said University of Utah anthropologist Henry Harpending, who has studied changing rates of human evolution. “Evolution, gene frequency change, can work in a hurry and is working all the time in our species.”
So faith is the requirement for believing these findings? I'll pass...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality