U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,045,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post
those 'humans' are the subspecies Homo sapien glacies...or ice people.

they are found in a variety of colors but hard to distinguish from the background ice so they are rarely spotted. the tribes are....

black ice
white ice
cloudy ice
yellow ice (sometimes but only after long nights of drinking)
hairy ice (ie. yeti's)

sadly once volcanism stopped the red ice disappeared

holy sky ...........man..........you are driving your quorter horse in the wrong way.............stop and tie him...........and have a long relaxing breath

do you really think that this reality..........is the best........universe "opera"??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
which race goes with Antartica?

sometimes l wonder who is my neighbours creator

Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 AM

2,506 posts, read 1,932,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Seven Races but only one species.

Some biologist disagree if the term race can even apply among Humans.

SOURCE

I love this website (citydata)! I just learned something new and that is awesome. Thank you woodrow.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I love this website (citydata)! I just learned something new and that is awesome. Thank you woodrow.

really? and what did you learn? just curiousity

Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 AM

15,511 posts, read 12,502,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
to woodrow li

thanks so much l'm new here and to be honest ...........my English is broken........

anyway what do you think about the theory of ..........7 human races.........for 7 continents...........for 7 worlds

7 worlds ....maybe the human races is not on top in the creation list and this world is not the only-one ---unique-- in the universe
Your English is quite good and is understandable. Us Muslims do not limit creation to earth alone. We do believe there are other worlds and it is not in contradiction to the Qur'an if some or even all are inhabited by intelligent beings.

Your theory of 7 human races for 7 continents does not hold up under close scrutiny as there are only 6 inhabited continents and 2 of those are only recently inhabited in relation to the other 4. Even so you will find different races on each of the inhabited continents, some going back to prehistoric times.

Also, Humans do not meet the biological definition of race. Speaking in non-biological terms there are more than 7 races. The Asian races alone can be divided into numerous groups. there are considerable differences between Mongols, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Thai, Burmese, Eskimo, Lapp, Inuit, Native American(Native Americans can be further divided as there are physical differences between the various NA Nations) the fact is if we want to divide humans into races, each individual could be considered a separate race as no 2 humans have the exact same DNA. We are too individual to be grouped into races. We are individuals and all of one species.

Also welcome to the forum, I am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:47 AM

307 posts, read 224,603 times
Quote:
in this world lives 7 human races............how is possible???

is the creazionism a limited job ????
I'm not a "creationist" as the term is understood (I believe God created the universe, but not that it happened only a few thousand years ago starting with two people), but I'm sure they would say that all people descended from Adam and Eve, and just acquired different characteristics after moving to other places. Personally, I don't believe that only a few thousand years is enough time to develop such different characteristics (the darker skin on Africans, for example), but they would likely argue that it is enough time, or that God intervened to, say, give the Africans darker skin to help them better adjust to their climate.

If you really want to discuss this with a creationist, ChristianForums.com has a creationism/evolution forum here: Creation & Evolution - Christian Forums

Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 AM

416 posts, read 514,848 times
Quote:
holy sky ...........man..........you are driving your quorter horse in the wrong way.............stop and tie him...........and have a long relaxing breath

do you really think that this reality..........is the best........universe "opera"??
i'm going to have to keep my day job if you didn't see the joke in my post

Old 10-05-2011, 12:10 PM

13,842 posts, read 9,645,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDavid8 View Post
I'm not a "creationist" as the term is understood (I believe God created the universe,.....

Old 10-05-2011, 02:11 PM

7,658 posts, read 7,459,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDavid8 View Post
I'm not a "creationist" as the term is understood (I believe God created the universe, but not that it happened only a few thousand years ago starting with two people)...
I believe you're conflating Creationism and "young Earth-ers", there, David.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:39 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,293,939 times
Quote:
in this world lives 7 human races............how is possible???

is the creazionism a limited job ????
Human races are merely a social construct, nothing more. There is no biological definition of any human 'race'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality