U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,443,166 times
Reputation: 258

Advertisements

As I see it the reason these interpretable debts by banking alterations or indeed legal transfers for the debt of customers starting from real estate were paid back to the Bank of America were not known by apathy and now consciounable science majors demonstrating against wall-street is that the social sciences were undervalued in U.S. politics. Wall street may be interested in science but after-all it is analysis of the survival of the fittest. It is an analysis which represents special interests of justifying debt t of the rich.

Nevertheless the bleeding that does occur is for the poor in humanitarian judgments. Good but it failed to understand the progressive notions of anything curably scientific. How to talk, write, and doll out judgments for the trustworthy is not scientific for sociological grounding in the after-all right economics for the new millenium.

 
Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,443,166 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
I'm sorry, I thought the man, Rifleman, might have come to the difference of empirical sciences. My view is that religion is not the culprit for prejudicial thinking.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-10-2011 at 09:44 AM..
 
Old 10-05-2011, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
12,904 posts, read 18,458,797 times
Reputation: 13738
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
As I see it the reason these interpretable debts by banking alterations or indeed legal transfers for the debt of customers starting from real estate were paid back to the Bank of America were not known by apathy and now consciounable science majors demonstrating against wall-street is that the social sciences were undervalued in U.S. politics. Wall street may be interested in science but after-all it is analysis of the survival of the fittest. It is an analysis which represents special interests of justifying debt t of the rich.

Nevertheless the bleeding that does occur is for the poor in humanitarian judgments. Good but it failed to understand the progressive notions of anything curably scientific. How to talk, write, and doll out judgments for the trustworthy is not scientific for sociological grounding in the after-all right economics for the new millenium.
Wall Street is interested in science ONLY for the profits that might be collected from new advances.

LOTS of scientists believe in scientific advancement for the sake of knowledge and learning, however. If they weren't, they wouldn't make their discoveries and methods public knowledge and challenge other scientists to verify/disprove their findings.

They are two very different animals. Don't make the mistake of equating science to banking.
 
Old 10-05-2011, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,443,166 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Wall Street is interested in science ONLY for the profits that might be collected from new advances.

LOTS of scientists believe in scientific advancement for the sake of knowledge and learning, however. If they weren't, they wouldn't make their discoveries and methods public knowledge and challenge other scientists to verify/disprove their findings.

They are two very different animals. Don't make the mistake of equating science to banking.

If you say so. That was good science.
 
Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,443,166 times
Reputation: 258
No, I meant "empirical science". But I like your input. The environmental sciences are the cause of the currently difficult economic crisis. I'm out of here.
 
Old 10-05-2011, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,429,235 times
Reputation: 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
No, I meant "empirical science". But I like your input. The environmental sciences are the cause of the currently difficult economic crisis. I'm out of here.
No, look at the colors. You wrote difference, did you mean defense? I just took the "s" off your science because it is already plural.
 
Old 10-05-2011, 03:19 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,240,875 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
No, look at the colors. You wrote difference, did you mean defense? I just took the "s" off your science because it is already plural.
Not only are tgnostic's writing skills non-existent, apparently so is his reading comprehension.

I read the OP opening post several times, and while the words can be found as part of the English language, it is incomprehensible.
 
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,429,235 times
Reputation: 3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Not only are tgnostic's writing skills non-existent, apparently so is his reading comprehension.

I read the OP opening post several times, and while the words can be found as part of the English language, it is incomprehensible.
He even liked my input. Eventhough he totally missed the brunt of it.
 
Old 10-06-2011, 03:21 AM
 
Location: 30-40N 90-100W
13,856 posts, read 22,248,421 times
Reputation: 6657
I had a little difficulty understanding this, but are you meaning that science is bigoted against the humanities? That the economy has been dominated by too many people biased against literature, law, the classics, history, art, and philosophy. Sort-of the "Two Cultures" notion of C. P. Snow and dramatized in, of all things, that old movie where a young Bill Mumy is infatuated with Brigitte Bardot?

I think the "Two Cultures" thing is largely seen as anachronistic now, if it was ever valid. Although there might be some of the more intense reductionist scientists who devalue/feel-bias-against the Arts and Humanities. Or at least to see them as trivial and unimportant.

However I think that was more relevant in the tech bubble-bursting and in the Asian economic downturn. Although I seem to recall some about physicists and mathematicians involved in hedge-fund issues which could maybe fit. They went by math but didn't do so well factor in "the human element" namely that people will give dishonest figures or panic. So they did good for a few years than crashed. I didn't think those things were as relevant to today's issues.
 
Old 10-06-2011, 04:31 AM
 
7,811 posts, read 5,062,642 times
Reputation: 2972
How can "science be bigotted"? Science is just a methodology.... a tool.

Calling it bigotted makes as much sense as calling a Hammer Racist or a car sexist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top