Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:35 AM

30 posts, read 34,496 times

Advertisements

peace & blessings upon you my friends & brothers
please answer me honestly...are you happy in your life? & what are in your opinion the keys of happiness ? you are welcome i'm listening to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,262,818 times
Yes...I'm happy in life.....I want to make the most of it....I ride the silver lining on every cloud!.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:53 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,906,713 times
Default You asked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinab View Post
peace & blessings upon you my friends & brothers
please answer me honestly...are you happy in your life? & what are in your opinion the keys of happiness ? you are welcome i'm listening to you
Very happy, within the obvious limits that a mortal existence, one with a known end, can provide. And why? Because I'm confident of my own limited but always improving understanding of "the way things are", acquired through my own endless inquisitiveness, but also of reading the acquired of knowledge by my very competent fellow scientists.

It's great being a contributing part of that ever-growing team (I'm a published scientist in biology, geology and evolution)! The unfolding knowledge, that which explains the real world, allows me great inner peace and understanding.

On the other hand, what does makes me very unhappy is seeing vast throngs of people reveling in huge corporate or organized-religion administered ignorance (Christianity or Islam). It's not only a complete waste of human creativity and mental abilities, it's a "stunt" on our intellectual growth and our ability to move forward.

Blindered faith in literally anything is guaranteed to limit intellectual growth, isn't it? Otherwise, explain how it would not be!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:57 AM

i'm happy for you my friend. could you tell me about the causes or if you want the keys of happiness?

Old 10-08-2011, 08:12 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,262,818 times
I think the key to being happy in life is to have no expectations from others....no-one can be responsible for your happiness in life but you....I also find that having a great compassion for those less fortunate, and helping them in any way I can,...gives me great happiness and a good sense of well being.....People shouldn't be angry...anger is a waste time and thought....I think it's important to always treat others as you would hope they would treat you....and to show respect and a curtesy to others ideas...even if you don't agree with them.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:45 AM

very well. we are here to share & exchange ideas with kindness & good manners. my dear brother rifleman & all brothers could you please consontrate with me.
i'm very happy in my life like you but the difference is in the causes you know why i'm happy?as i'm muslim believe me if you are muslim you will be the prince & the princess of happiness because allah will take care of all your situations & matters & of course he wants to you happiness & blessing for ever in this life & after this life.

See and work your mind and hopes the scientific facts and studies published (more than a hundred published studies in the hands of non-Muslims), which emphasizes that atheists are more people out of despair and frustration, and discord, and that the suicide rate among them is the highest, and that these atheists are the least happy and relaxed because of their distance from religion , why are you just happy Bthrrk yourself from the shackles of religion? Refer my friend to the language of reason, science and logic. And I advise you to treat yourself to this wonderful prayer:
Lord Let not our hearts after it gave us our gift of mercy, You are the most merciful
And for all of you my best regards

Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I think the key to being happy in life is to have no expectations from others....no-one can be responsible for your happiness in life but you....I also find that having a great compassion for those less fortunate, and helping them in any way I can,...gives me great happiness and a good sense of well being.....People shouldn't be angry...anger is a waste time and thought....I think it's important to always treat others as you would hope they would treat you....and to show respect and a curtesy to others ideas...even if you don't agree with them.
i loved what you have said very mutch

Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,462,344 times
Yes, I am very happy in my life. The key to happiness is found in Buddhist and Taoist philosophy, without false belief in gods (this is the religion and philosophy forum!).

Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,165,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinab View Post
See and work your mind and hopes the scientific facts and studies published (more than a hundred published studies in the hands of non-Muslims), which emphasizes that atheists are more people out of despair and frustration, and discord, and that the suicide rate among them is the highest, and that these atheists are the least happy and relaxed because of their distance from religion ,
I don't suppose you have valid references to these studies, do you?

Old 10-08-2011, 01:02 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,057,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I don't suppose you have valid references to these studies, do you?
I'm sure that In Arabia and Algeria, atheists would be killing themselves in droves. How could they ever have happiness there, when their brothers are constantly telling them they shouldn't be happy.

The keys to happiness are found within the perceived accomplishment and fulfillment of your desires.

If you desire to be looked out for by a higher power, this is found in theism.
If you desire to live forever, this is found in the words of many religions.
If you desire to have understanding of the world around you, this is found in science.
If you desire to understand yourself, this is found in religions, science, and/or spirituality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality