U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 AM

560 posts, read 1,070,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
You could sit in the back, generally a fair amount of people in the back don't take communion. (Also some people with health or bladder problems too, but still) Maybe you could find some reason for them to accept you being in the back.

That's true, or just stand to one side and let people pass. If the main concern is appearances, then he’ll make a better impression with the regulars by not taking communion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,048,880 times
to the op ........to get the communion ritual you have to talk with a priest before..........yes you are still a xtian even if without the church's rituals

Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 AM

912 posts, read 698,248 times
one thing you guys forgot and Thomas can correct me if Im wrong...if you eat 1 hour before you can't go to communion.....so sometimes people don't go because they ate something

Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,048,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
one thing you guys forgot and Thomas can correct me if Im wrong...if you eat 1 hour before you can't go to communion.....so sometimes people don't go because they ate something

who is Thomas? never heard before about him, what say about your question....ummm...well consider that human body is made by two elements materia and spirito so the communion would interest your spiritual dimension..........stomach is not involved

Old 10-10-2011, 01:22 PM

4,948 posts, read 6,899,285 times
12 years of catholic education here...

the rule is.... if u miss mass without a good reason on a sunday than u are in mortal sin. U cannot receive communnion with a mortal sin on ur soul.

The only way to be in good graces again is to go to confession, confess ur mortal sin and be obsolved. It's Called "Reconciliation" ....basically ur telling a guy that u did a no-no ....and he blesses u with the sign of the cross and u say like 3 hail marys and throw an our father in there for good measure... bada bing, bada boom, ur good to go and ur back on the path to heaven

lol, i can't believe I know this useless information lol

Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,385,643 times
Thomas R. has it right. You need to go to Confession first.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 PM

4,368 posts, read 4,097,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I just went to my nephew's baptism tonight with all of my family present. My hyper-Catholic sister told me that I should not receive communion before I set of to queue. She told me that since I don't attend the mass regularly that I shouldn't do it. I told her that I did first communion just like she did and I had as much right as she. She then told me again, "The Conciliation" or something like that. I told her to "get off of it" and got my communion.
Was she right? Has something changed within that antiquated stuck in the Middle Ages religion that is called catholicism?
Sounds like your sister is a teabagger
Your sister should have rejoiced that you received and not been judgemental.
I have always been of the opinion those that have been away from the sacrament are in need of it and should not be turned away.
The Eucharist should be what unites and brings us together.
I don't think Jesus would turn you away.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Born and raised Catholic and raised both my children as Catholics...I still believe that God knows your heart and what's in it (or what isn't)!In the end you will be judged by Him and really that is all that matters.
2x

Old 10-22-2011, 07:35 AM

The Crisis of Authority in Catholic Modernity

America Magazine - A Church in Flux

Old 10-22-2011, 07:45 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,510,295 times
Quote:
Has something changed within that antiquated stuck in the Middle Ages religion that is called catholicism?
When was the last time you saw a heretic burned at the stake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality