Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:21 PM

91 posts, read 91,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, if you and your wife disagree about some household decision, what happens? You've stated earlier that the husband/man of the house has the final say.

That sounds like placing more importance on the man/husband to me. If you feel differently, please explain.

The man ultimately does have the final say but that does not mean he should not listen to his wife and give her input serious consideration. You see that as sexist because you dont understand God. Everything works together for his glory

Old 10-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh you bet we would! There's nothing better than finding out that a holier-than-thou Christian bigot just ain't what he claims to be.

OK, I see what you mean. I was thinking more on the lines of Church as in Christian Church.

I know and it is absolutely sickening that you would find joy in someone else's misery. It speaks volumes about what kind of person you are. Shame on you.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,286,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
...You see that as sexist because you dont understand God...

No, I see that as sexist because IT IS sexist. The man has the final say because of his gender, period. That is, by definition, sexism.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:14 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,707,074 times
Oh my god, talking about neanderthal teachings...

The church has been the worst enemy of women for centuries and here comes another sexist, misogynist nitwit.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:00 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,810,083 times
Quote:
I know and it is absolutely sickening that you would find joy in someone else's misery. It speaks volumes about what kind of person you are. Shame on you.
You can't beat a good Christian scandal brother. I have no sympathy for those types anyway. Never will either...not when it's of their own making and they are doing it whilst telling others that they shouldn't do it. They deserve everything they get.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:22 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,474,610 times
Quote:
Mark Driscoll is the best thing to happen to Christianity and I regret I cant personally attend his church. For years, the masculine soul has been unable to express itself in the church. We have been forced to worship a wimpy Jesus but no more. I want a masculine Jesus that is rough and tough and doesnt take crap from anyone. This meek and mild Jesus doesnt cut it for me. Mark Driscoll shows us that Jesus was all man and God has blessed his ministry. He truly is an upstanding man of God and a shining beacon of righteousness for all preachers to aspire to. Finally, it is no longer a sin to be masculine.
Lol!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
No, I see that as sexist because IT IS sexist. The man has the final say because of his gender, period. That is, by definition, sexism.

The man is the leader of the house and the woman must be in subjection. Dont like that? Take it up with God

Old 10-11-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You can't beat a good Christian scandal brother. I have no sympathy for those types anyway. Never will either...not when it's of their own making and they are doing it whilst telling others that they shouldn't do it. They deserve everything they get.

They are sinners saved by grace. Sometimes it's just youthful indiscretion. I dont condone the sin but I will pray for them to find healing, not mock them

Old 10-11-2011, 07:48 PM

63,494 posts, read 39,783,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
She has my sympathies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
She has mine as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I second that emotion!!!
Quote:
why's that? we have a very happy home.
Because you have to ask.
Quote:
The man ultimately does have the final say but that does not mean he should not listen to his wife and give her input serious consideration. You see that as sexist because you dont understand God. Everything works together for his glory
I notice that "his" is not capitalized to indicate God so it must mean the male of the house, I presume?

Quote:
Quote:
The man is the leader of the house and the woman must be in subjection. Dont like that? Take it up with God
Saints preserve us all from ancient ignorance perpetuated.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,371,284 times
Quote:
I don't believe in your god, so there is no way that I can take it up with him. However, I do find it deeply disturbing that a group of men feel the need to subjugate women based on the teachings of a 1,960-year-old book. How would you feel if you were a woman who was forced to live in "subjection" because of the teachings of Paul?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.