Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:17 PM

91 posts, read 92,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
I agree. I knew a lot of "nice, submissive, non-leading" girls back when I was an evangelical. I could never consider being in a relationship with someone like that. I actually felt deeply sorry that they had been brainwashed and robbed of their individuality and intellect. Give me a strong, assertive, confident woman any day, not some brainwashed, weak-minded fundamentalist.

My wife is not brainwashed. She is a very smart woman. She finds it a joy to perform her wifely duties. I dont want some short haired, sassy mouth tramp thats a borderline lesbian. My wife is beautiful to me. She doesnt cut her hair. She loves me, she loves our children. You can understand that you, secular humanist, you.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
good for you, now let it be good for us.

It is.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,061,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
It is.
Thanks for being ambiguous again... what do you mean "it is"? do you want people to be "true macho Christians" or did you just want to vent your emotions for your idol like some females do?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:00 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,061,611 times
how dare they call themselves conservative? what do they conserve these days except outdated ignorance and stupidity?

Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

I said what I said because you mock the things I stand for. I am a man and I am a Christian. I wont pretend to be anything else. For years, masculinity was seen as ungodly. The masculine man was not allowed to express himself. Boys grew up to be soft and couldnt even throw a football properly. To me, thats sad. Mark Driscoll came to the rescue of the masculine soul though and praise God for him. I know the girly men dont like him because he preaches the real Jesus. Jesus was a man and masculine in every way.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-13-2011 at 11:35 AM..

Old 10-12-2011, 11:42 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
The man is the leader of the house and the woman must be in subjection. Dont like that? Take it up with God
Man, would I ever like to have a little conversation with your wife.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Man, would I ever like to have a little conversation with your wife.

and what would be the point of this conversation? She loves her family. You arent going to turn her into a feminist no matter how hard you try. You are not of God. I see your fruit and it is rotten to the core. You would love nothing more than my wife to leave me but dont hold your breath on it.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
The man is the leader of the house and the woman must be in subjection. Dont like that? Take it up with God

How does this address whether or not this is a sexist practice.

Oh, and I don't believe in gods, so my wife and I are on perfectly equal footing when it comes to life decisions that effect us both. I don't need to take it up with anyone.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:57 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
and what would be the point of this conversation? She loves her family. You arent going to turn her into a feminist no matter how hard you try. You are not of God. I see your fruit and it is rotten to the core. You would love nothing more than my wife to leave me but dont hold your breath on it.
Unless she is as brainwashed as you are, leaving you is inevitable. I would suggest that if you treat her as you say, she already harbors a lot of resentment towards you.
What exactly is your definition of a feminist? Is it a woman who realizes that they are equals to men and not their slaves?

You see my fruit!...Do I have a hole in my jeans

Old 10-12-2011, 01:01 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,406,945 times
Quote:
Your relationship between you and your wife is none of my business. However, I am deeply against the systematic subjugation of women by the religious right. I wish people would wake up and realize that Paul was a product of his time and that his anti-woman opinions are a product of living in a backward, ignorant, ancient culture.

As for feminism, it is "the radical notion that women are people, too." I am 100% pro-feminist, and I am a man. I support equal rights for men and women in all arenas of life.

It sickens me that some men feel the need to treat women as anything less than their co-equals. This is why religion (or "relationship with God," if you prefer) is a negative influence on society . . . it keeps people blind from seeing reality. It is delusion, and it is hurting countless people, especially those pushed down by the religious system, especially women and gays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.