Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 02:02 PM

91 posts, read 91,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Unless she is as brainwashed as you are, leaving you is inevitable. I would suggest that if you treat her as you say, she already harbors a lot of resentment towards you.
What exactly is your definition of a feminist? Is it a woman who realizes that they are equals to men and not their slaves?

You see my fruit!...Do I have a hole in my jeans

I treat my wife like a million dollars. I love her as Christ loved the church. Is that so wrong? A feminist is a woman who goes against the standard set by God. When the mother leaves the home, Satan enters. Feminists encourage women to destroy the Godly definition of family. Did you know in some homes, the woman is the bread winner while the husband raises the children? That should not be. When I see your fruit, I mean I see you for what you are. You are a profaner of that which is holy. You mock those who serve God and you think my wife is not happy being married to me but nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,810,083 times
Quote:
Man, would I ever like to have a little conversation with your wife.
I don't think he has one! Probably lives in some manky bedsit with a pile of grubby 'Razzle' mags for company.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:11 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,371,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
I treat my wife like a million dollars. I love her as Christ loved the church. Is that so wrong? A feminist is a woman who goes against the standard set by God. When the mother leaves the home, Satan enters. Feminists encourage women to destroy the Godly definition of family. Did you know in some homes, the woman is the bread winner while the husband raises the children? That should not be. When I see your fruit, I mean I see you for what you are. You are a profaner of that which is holy. You mock those who serve God and you think my wife is not happy being married to me but nothing could be further from the truth.
I guess you're not a fan of the Childfree (those who volutarily choose not to reproduce), either? You know that there are thousands of us Childfree folks who have no desire for the traditional definition of family. I don't want to have kids.

Also, I know evangelical Christian stay-at-home dads. Are they living in sin because they choose to stay home and raise their children while their wife works? That's absurd. Let go of your outdated prejudices and take a whiff of reality.

I don't believe that God or Satan exists. Religion is delusion.

I do believe in equality.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
Your relationship between you and your wife is none of my business. However, I am deeply against the systematic subjugation of women by the religious right. I wish people would wake up and realize that Paul was a product of his time and that his anti-woman opinions are a product of living in a backward, ignorant, ancient culture.

As for feminism, it is "the radical notion that women are people, too." I am 100% pro-feminist, and I am a man. I support equal rights for men and women in all arenas of life.

It sickens me that some men feel the need to treat women as anything less than their co-equals. This is why religion (or "relationship with God," if you prefer) is a negative influence on society . . . it keeps people blind from seeing reality. It is delusion, and it is hurting countless people, especially those pushed down by the religious system, especially women and gays.

we dont push down women.Moderator cut: deleted But I love my wife and sometimes I wonder if I even deserve her. She is so dear to me. My contribution is outside the home and hers is in the home. She loves it and I love her.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-13-2011 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-12-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
I guess you're not a fan of the Childfree (those who volutarily choose not to reproduce), either? You know that there are thousands of us Childfree folks who have no desire for the traditional definition of family. I don't want to have kids.

Also, I know evangelical Christian stay-at-home dads. Are they living in sin because they choose to stay home and raise their children while their wife works? That's absurd. Let go of your outdated prejudices and take a whiff of reality.

I don't believe that God or Satan exists. Religion is delusion.

I do believe in equality.
There is no Mr. Mom in God's economy. Hell will be the abode of any man who sits on his butt while his wife works. Children are an heritage of the Lord and it is selfish lust to marry and not have children unless you are unable to have children. If you can have children and simply choose not to, you are sinning against God. He said be fruitful and multiply

Old 10-12-2011, 04:01 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,039,844 times
Quote:
I said what I said because you mock the things I stand for. I am a man and I am a Christian. I wont pretend to be anything else. For years, masculinity was seen as ungodly. The masculine man was not allowed to express himself. Boys grew up to be soft and couldnt even throw a football properly. To me, thats sad. Mark Driscoll came to the rescue of the masculine soul though and praise God for him. I know the girly men dont like him because he preaches the real Jesus. Jesus was a man and masculine in every way.
It's sad sometimes, unless you play some other sport. Or if you make money and have fun some other way... So could you please stop being a football elitist. It really doesn't matter if I choose my way of life, and you are allowed to believe what-ever you want, even though you could be wrong. What DOES creep me out is evangelicals who wish to push their weirdo unnatural lifestyle on others. The reason you have bread, security, and football is because of secularism that your Agnostics, Deists, and Christians Founding Fathers gave you... Not because you follow the philosophy of Romanized Jews (Paulian Christians).

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 10-12-2011 at 04:12 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM

33,506 posts, read 37,021,963 times
Quote:
Yes, you treat your wife like I treat my dog...I love him, but he can only go out of the house with my say so. You are treating your wife like property, cherished property, but still property...No person should be required to live under rules made up thousands of years ago, rules for the submission and control of someone you say you love. A real man wouldn't be so insecure as to treat his partner the way you do...

If you love something, set it free; if it comes backs it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was....Richard Bach

A real man accepts that his wife is an equal, and proudly supports her in all her endeavors.

Is your wife allowed on this forum? has she read this thread, or will you not allow it?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
There is no Mr. Mom in God's economy. Hell will be the abode of any man who sits on his butt while his wife works. Children are an heritage of the Lord and it is selfish lust to marry and not have children unless you are unable to have children. If you can have children and simply choose not to, you are sinning against God. He said be fruitful and multiply
So you think your wife is just lazy, and sits on her butt? I raised three kids mostly on my own, and let me tell you that if your wife has kids she probably works a lot harder that you do...Actually with your attitude of mens/womens work, I'm certain of it.

You are living in the past, but one day the present will rear up and kick your butt...I hope you can survive that day.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Yes, you treat your wife like I treat my dog...I love him, but he can only go out of the house with my say so. You are treating your wife like property, cherished property, but still property...No person should be required to live under rules made up thousands of years ago, rules for the submission and control of someone you say you love. A real man wouldn't be so insecure as to treat his partner the way you do...

If you love something, set it free; if it comes backs it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was....Richard Bach

A real man accepts that his wife is an equal, and proudly supports her in all her endeavors.

Is your wife allowed on this forum? has she read this thread, or will you not allow it?
I don't care if my wife comes on this forum. My wife has accepted me as the leader of our home. It doesnt mean she is my property. If I treat her so badly, why hasn't she left me? You cant stand the thought that, to her, subjection is not a bad thing. When the mother leaves the home, Satan enters. I will not let Satan be the god of my family.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:20 PM

You are the one who is self righteous, since you have been deluded into thinking you have the only truth, and anyone who thinks differently is doomed to some imaginary torture...I suggest that since you treat your wife as chattel that karma will catch up to you eventually...But hey, anyone can see the error of their ways and change for the better...

Sorry bubba, this man is not afraid of your silly myths...The monster (satan) may be hiding under your bed, but it's not under mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.