Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,367,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm convinced more than ever that acts_2 is a non-Christian who created this account to put us all on.

Well done, acts_2. The scariest part about it is that this charade is all too believable.
Sadly, I don't think this is a charade. I used to be an evangelical Christian, and his views are very common in conservative evangelical circles. They really do believe that women are inferior -- of course, they won't actually use the word "inferior" (they'll say something like 'different'), but their teachings make it clear that the female gender role is the lesser position. I know it is shocking to a modern society, but there are really millions of Americans who believe this. I used to be one of them.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:12 AM

91 posts, read 91,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm convinced more than ever that acts_2 is a non-Christian who created this account to put us all on.

Well done, acts_2. The scariest part about it is that this charade is all too believable.

You can believe what you like but I am a true believer, not some atheist trying to discredit Christians.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
Sadly, I don't think this is a charade. I used to be an evangelical Christian, and his views are very common in conservative evangelical circles. They really do believe that women are inferior -- of course, they won't actually use the word "inferior" (they'll say something like 'different'), but their teachings make it clear that the female gender role is the lesser position. I know it is shocking to a modern society, but there are really millions of Americans who believe this. I used to be one of them.

You're right, women are not inferior and they serve a very important role as men do. It's not sexist at all to feel that way. Men and women are made differently but one is no less important than the other.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
You're right, women are not inferior and they serve a very important role as men do. It's not sexist at all to feel that way. Men and women are made differently but one is no less important than the other.
Actions speak louder than words. Evangelical beliefs dehumanize women. Regardless of the verbiage that you use, your religious beliefs declare women inferior to men. Even the whole concept of "gender roles" is dehumanizing.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ok! Place your bets folks. How long will it be before this Driscoll dude is caught at a sex orgy in some seedy brothel or....is caught in some public toilet and exposed as a closet gay?

I'm not saying that would never happen but if it did, you people would take great delight in his shame and that is horrible

Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
Actions speak louder than words. Evangelical beliefs dehumanize women. Regardless of the verbiage that you use, your religious beliefs declare women inferior to men. Even the whole concept of "gender roles" is dehumanizing.

No, gender roles come from God.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
No, gender roles come from God.
God almost certainly does not exist. Gender roles come from primitive Bronze-Age men with much more antiquated societal systems than us today. These men owned slaves, committed genocides, and reduced women to mere objects for their pleasure. They used their god as a justification for their primitive and immoral acts.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:20 AM

87 posts, read 92,669 times
Sorry, I can't find exactly when Paul opened the first church. But Jesus went to Temples and Synagogues which were the churches of that time.

Luke 4:16 "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom."

Old 10-11-2011, 01:07 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,272,383 times
Quote:

So, if you and your wife disagree about some household decision, what happens? You've stated earlier that the husband/man of the house has the final say.

That sounds like placing more importance on the man/husband to me. If you feel differently, please explain.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,807,305 times
Quote:
I'm not saying that would never happen but if it did, you people would take great delight in his shame and that is horrible
Oh you bet we would! There's nothing better than finding out that a holier-than-thou Christian bigot just ain't what he claims to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryren8972 View Post
Sorry, I can't find exactly when Paul opened the first church. But Jesus went to Temples and Synagogues which were the churches of that time.

Luke 4:16 "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom."
OK, I see what you mean. I was thinking more on the lines of Church as in Christian Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality