U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:39 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,091,955 times

Advertisements

This breaking top news story out of Sydney, Australia, as a teaser for the new animated movie put together by NAMI. (note about animated movies: you can depict literally anything. Remember: Avatar? quite realistic, no?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq_Ar33DWTw

I particularly like the part in the news-break's presentation of the animated film, however brief, of the bow of the Ark surging through the storm waters! Wowsers!

What again, was the onboard propulsion unit? It'd have to be nuclear given the limited supply of "fossil fuels" available to Noah (given that there was, by Christian lore, NO ancient deposits of coal or oil from non-existant distilled dinosaurs and millenia-old jungle plants? I had no idea Noah as a nuclear engineer! "God works in myst..." oh well... imagine that! ).

Still, I'm sure they "distilled" lots of funds out of the attending populace's pockets down in Sydney, though my experiences with the general Aussie is that they are quite a bit more skeptical than the usual Christian Americans. Perhaps there was some well-placed jeering...

I also wonder when this sham-troupe is going to arrive on our Western shores. A NAMI™-Sham filmfest in Seattle I hope.

Next: NAMI™ still won't commit to a return to "their" mountain (I'll bet Turkey has had quite enough of their shenanighans and the humiliating disrepute its already brought down on their heads. I'll also bet this time, even if NAMI™ are intent on returning, that they will pre-secure their own financial succe$$ prior to committing residual funds to an actual follow-up trip.

Not to mention funding all the actual necessary equipment, and the salaries for credible scientists, for an archeologically credible study, which would take at least an entire summer of on-site work. Not just another day or so, like last time...

Let the magical story evolve, as it were....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 12:53 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,809,604 times
It's the "Cartoon Theory" of Proving Your Point. (The ancient Egyptians used cartouches, and these guys use cartoons. What's so hard to understand?)

Old 10-12-2011, 01:11 PM

4,994 posts, read 7,792,131 times
Yeah, the cartoon boat was really clipping along. I liked the scene of knock-knock-knocking on the 'wood'. Woud've been great to see a sign for Chang's Meat Locker Rentals.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:13 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,587,530 times
They are on the wrong Mountain anyhow. the Ark is on Mt Judi in the Ararat range, not on Mt Ararat.

At least we have something that can be seen touched and examined by Archaeologists to determine if it is actually the remnants of a large ancient boat.

We might question if this object on Mt Judi is the Ark, but at least everybody can agree it is the remains of a physical object that can be tested by scientific methods.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:19 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,239,438 times
The whole Noah's Ark story is so fanciful, ridiculous, and thoroughly absurd that I am amazed that any otherwise rational adult could believe it actually happened.

I mean, really, a global flood?

Two of EVERY living and EXTINCT animal on the planet (including venomous snakes, scorpions, penguins from Antarctica, polar bears, dinosaurs)?

Noah traveling thousands of miles to gather every living thing?

Forty days and 40 nights (obvious symbolic language)?

A dove gathering an olive branch?

Only eight people surviving?

Not to mention that the energy produced from all the water would create an immense amount of heat that would VAPORIZE the atmosphere (and the ark).

There's also the fact that the combination of salt and fresh water would kill all freshwater and saltwater fish and marine animals, meaning that the ark would have to include both saltwater and freshwater aquariums large enough to hold blue whales, whale sharks, giant groupers, and other massive creatures. All that despite the fact that a SINGLE blue whale is larger than the entire ark!

I don't think I need to go on. Anyone can see how ridiculous the story is, and yet, there are millions (if not billions) of Christians and Muslims who believe every word of it, based on nothing but irrational blind faith.

Woodrow, your video shows a natural rock formation, not a huge boat.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM

656 posts, read 904,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I particularly like the part in the news-break's presentation of the animated film, however brief, of the bow of the Ark surging through the storm waters! Wowsers!

What again, was the onboard propulsion unit? It'd have to be nuclear given the limited supply of "fossil fuels" available to Noah (given that there was, by Christian lore, NO ancient deposits of coal or oil from non-existant distilled dinosaurs and millenia-old jungle plants? I had no idea Noah as a nuclear engineer! "God works in myst..." oh well... imagine that! ).
They used baking powder. Lots of it. Remember those baking powder-fueled boats you'd play with in the tub when you were a kid? Same thing, just on a much bigger scale.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:28 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,304,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
They used baking powder. Lots of it. Remember those baking powder-fueled boats you'd play with in the tub when you were a kid? Same thing, just on a much bigger scale.
I'm going with a black hole singularity as the power source, and when the force field containing the black hole failed, it went through the bottom of the boat where most of the water fell into the black hole which eventually fell through the earth, (creating the space for hell) then off into space.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,587,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
The whole Noah's Ark story is so fanciful, ridiculous, and thoroughly absurd that I am amazed that any otherwise rational adult could believe it actually happened.

I mean, really, a global flood?

Two of EVERY living and EXTINCT animal on the planet (including venomous snakes, scorpions, penguins from Antarctica, polar bears, dinosaurs)?

Noah traveling thousands of miles to gather every living thing?

Forty days and 40 nights (obvious symbolic language)?

A dove gathering an olive branch?

Only eight people surviving?

Not to mention that the energy produced from all the water would create an immense amount of heat that would VAPORIZE the atmosphere (and the ark).

There's also the fact that the combination of salt and fresh water would kill all freshwater and saltwater fish and marine animals, meaning that the ark would have to include both saltwater and freshwater aquariums large enough to hold blue whales, whale sharks, giant groupers, and other massive creatures. All that despite the fact that a SINGLE blue whale is larger than the entire ark!

I don't think I need to go on. Anyone can see how ridiculous the story is, and yet, there are millions (if not billions) of Christians and Muslims who believe every word of it, based on nothing but irrational blind faith.

Woodrow, your video shows a natural rock formation, not a huge boat.
As for a Global flood, The Qur'an does not specify a Global flood and names just the people of Nuh. Most Islamic Scholars believe it was a large local flood. Probably of the Tigris and Euphrates others think there may have been a massive flooding of the Mediterranean perhaps even a reference to when the Mediterranean Valley flooded and formed the Mediterranean sea.

Yes that is a Rock Formation believed to have been man made. In 1910 parts of what looked like a wooden base was found under parts of the Rocks. In recent years it became theorized that as the top part of the Ark rotted away it was replaced with rocks. It was in recent years that radar mapping of the ground has indicated remains of a wooden structure beneath the surface. So far no excavation has been done.

From what I have heard the Turkish Government does intend to excavate it. In any case it will either be a large Boat that matches the Qur'anic Surah or a large prehistoric building of wood and rock. Only an excavation will show. The structure has long been called "Noah's Ark" but until the last few years no one seriously considered it could be the one mentioned in the Qur'an. A third speculation is it was built as a tomb for Noah.

You can read another view point HERE

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 10-12-2011 at 05:31 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 PM

9,745 posts, read 13,703,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
No, I'm pretty sure it was cocaine, though I can see how it could be mistaken for baking soda.

Oh wait, I thought you meant the makers of that animated movie!

Old 10-12-2011, 08:03 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,091,955 times
Default Oh You guyz! Thanks So VERY Mucho!

Sigh... with old Tom (C34) sadly missing from the front, and en-route on his long climb up to heaven, I do actually miss the old codger and his outright and heart-felt defense of these pikers. I used to get his goat going by posting a thread like this, but I see there's apparently no-one here any more to actually defend the hilariously ludicrous Noah's Ark stuff. And by that I mean the impossible Total Inundation GLobal Flood model....

As to the other Ararat Range "boat" as seen in Woodrow's pix, this photo is, I believe, the one the Turks have built a full-fledged tourista trap next to, with cheesy little resin models, photos and the like on sale, plus the option to buy a ticket on The Magic Ark Tour Bus, right up to it's side soz you can, you know, touch it and everything!!. All this to effectively capture some of that otherwise evasive "devotion and faith" money.

Sadly, it was evaluated by some real post-PhD+ level American (I believe) geologists who I also believe used ground-penetrating radar (Why, the dirty spoil-sports! Honestly!) and then it was absolutely declared to be a modified anticline (if I remember my own geological background), la this one...

Redirect Notice

..to form all sorts of intriguing surficial revelations.

As well, they surface-truthed the Turkish version and found it to be made of, again by recollection, a simple basalt-limestone complex, which leds to very differential rates of erosion and thus the unique boat-sided shape.

But them glaring little irritating facts won't stop the Turkish lira (or whatever they trade in these days) from flowing in. As it should be, huh? I mean, Christian org-religion needs the money for sure.

Meantime: Very VERY PHUNNY Guys & Dolls! Rubber bands, baking powder, cocaine, black holes, nuclear power, or methane gas rocketry from the ber-supply of elephant, rhino and bear turds.. All propelling this ani-Ark like it was The Nimitz!

It's been truly a funny read, bless my soul; I needed that, and am eternally (well, you know what I mean...) grateful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or