Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 03:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,318,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It's merely a less than mature way to vent the irrational rage that comes from the anger he feels because he feels "they laughed at my ignorance, and now I'm going to call them names"
And his God is gonna gitcha and you make pay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
A2C represents the worst of the fear dogma of religion, create a follower rendered so delusional by their fear of the imaginary that it leaves them in such pitiful state of self-loathing.

Pity him, for he is the victim of the greatest hoax ever pulled on mankind.
Which they need to externalize and project on to others to protect their own fragile egos.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts_2_christian View Post
How dare you speak such blasphemy. Oh so because I obey the word of God and you dont, you want to rail at me. Well you are really railing at God and your day of recompense is coming.
This is really a joke right? Because you really are "acting 2 Fundy" to be real.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:11 AM

91 posts, read 91,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I've got proof!

Without a shadow of a doubt. He's telling you that with his user name.
No, my user name "Acts 2 Christian" is based on Acts 2 and the day of pentecost when they spake in tongues as the spirit gave them utterance.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:09 AM

1,196 posts, read 745,739 times
Quote:
those who are of the world wont understand this but we do love and care for them. We would that they all come to Jesus. He died for them. What greater love is there than that. However, God must punish sin. I strive to be tough on sin while being compassionate to the sinner. When they are told they are in sin, they need to stop being so defensive. It is constructive criticism and God is using his servants to show them the right way. I long for the day when more people will listen and repent of their sins
i agree!... but sadly you didn't mention, even christians are sinners, though many believe their not. and many can't take... "constructive criticism" many can dish it out, but won't look in a mirror
to see if they need to put themselves in check. i can totally understand why many unbelievers feel we're in a sense spiritual snobs! though personally speaking i come down more harder on myself than i do anyone else. because i KNOW i'm an imperfect sinner who's hoping i live up to the gift Jesus gave me. we ALL fall short of the Glory of Jehovah God. peace

Old 10-17-2011, 10:49 AM

91 posts, read 91,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Why would anyone worship a god that causes this reaction? What could you have done that you think requires this type of reaction?

That very question shows you have no fear of God. Any sin should cause that reaction.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:08 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,340,914 times
Quote:
That very question shows you have no fear of God.
Nor have I any fear of Skeletor, Megatron, The Joker, Hannibal Lector or The Grinch.

Characters from fiction rarely scare me. So "god" is no different.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,116,033 times
Quote:
You and your ilk are more like the pharisees than I could ever hope to be. I attack the sin, whereas you attack me as a person. God loves a humble heart which I have. I know I am a sinner and I fall on my face in terror begging God to forgive my sins. That doesnt mean I should sit idly by while others sin. Leviticus 19:17 says if you love your neighbor, you will rebuke them.

This is what I don't get. Out of one side of their mouths, some Christians keep asking their God for forgiveness. Yet, out of the other side of their mouths, they loudly proclaim that Christ died for all sins and thus saved all of mankind. The penalty has been paid.

If the latter is true, then why keep asking your God for forgiveness? Aren't you already forgiven??? If you keep asking for forgiveness - like you admit you do - then aren't you disbelieving what your Bible supposedly tells you?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:35 AM

25,601 posts, read 21,779,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
This is what I don't get. Out of one side of their mouths, some Christians keep asking their God for forgiveness. Yet, out of the other side of their mouths, they loudly proclaim that Christ died for all sins and thus saved all of mankind. The penalty has been paid.

If the latter is true, then why keep asking your God for forgiveness? Aren't you already forgiven??? If you keep asking for forgiveness - like you admit you do - then aren't you disbelieving what your Bible supposedly tells you?
Actually, I agree with this in theory and that is why I am not a Christian as I see it as a violation since I worship God and no graven images of him. Yes, I realize the Christians have determined that I will burn in hell but actually I belief they are in for the hot seat - just opinions. The Christians are not "judging" because according to the doctrine, the judgment on right and wrong have already been made. What many have called judgments are simply opinions based on that person's belief system so I don't see why it is necessary to just attack the person in a personal way.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,457,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Why would anyone worship a god that causes this reaction? What could you have done that you think requires this type of reaction?
I don't know him/her so I don't know their motivation. But to try to explain it in secular terms there can be a certain catharsis in reflecting on one's faults, desiring or even begging for forgiveness, and trying to make amends. Or something.

Maybe that's not the best effort, no analogy is going to be exact, but it's the best I think I can do at this hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality