U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:48 AM

912 posts, read 697,077 times

Advertisements

What if you reached out and found a mirror?

And then....noticed what was behind you was an intentional experiment in order to decide ?

The only true reality was you, the now revealed God-Head. Nothing was real.

Which switch gets pulled? Is it a go. A fair question.

( I have the answer and it covers all thought, but its tricky, another fun day at CD!)

Last edited by Blue Hue; 10-14-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 PM

1,602 posts, read 2,631,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well how would you know,??? hypothetical..>> say an entity popped up right in front of you, and said "it was god' how would you know?? even if you tested the (IT GOD) like saying, make lead into gold, turn nancy pelosi into a hot babe with one command!!! make the earth square.. and so on.. how would you know it was a god,??? and not some very addvanced ancient intelligent alien species that was billions of years ahead of us earthlings, that had technology so far addvanced that we humans haven't even imagined yet, let alone could even comprehend such powers...

just imagine if the us navy could go back in time say to around the time of jesus with all their hi tec weapons.. and say to the people, "bow before us!!! cause we are gods... and if you don't we will vaporize your holy ground with one command.. the people laughed a them, well you asked for it!!! says "the navy",,>> fire away said the "captain", and so the crew fired a 50 megaton nuke at mount ararat and turned it into a pile of tectites, and before the navy knew it all the people were on the ground kneeling and woshiping the us navy, and begging for forgiveness for all the sins they have committed..

so if you ever meet up with a god remember that
Modern technology will not reveal who God really is. God come down to pay Paul a visit. Paul can tell you his story when God spoke to him.
Just read Acts 9:3-9. I don't think Paul gave God any argument as to his authenticity.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:30 PM

971 posts, read 1,502,261 times
Quote:
well how would you know,??? hypothetical..>> say an entity popped up right in front of you, and said "it was god' how would you know?? even if you tested the (IT GOD) like saying, make lead into gold, turn nancy pelosi into a hot babe with one command!!! make the earth square.. and so on.. how would you know it was a god,??? and not some very addvanced ancient intelligent alien species that was billions of years ahead of us earthlings, that had technology so far addvanced that we humans haven't even imagined yet, let alone could even comprehend such powers...
It's impossible. Any sufficiently advanced alien race, especially if they have a lotus-eater machine, would be able to accomplish (or seem to accomplish) any test I could ask of it. Of course, from my perspective, the entity would then be a god for all practical purposes.

Quote:
just imagine if the us navy could go back in time say to around the time of jesus with all their hi tec weapons.. and say to the people, "bow before us!!! cause we are gods... and if you don't we will vaporize your holy ground with one command..
Major red flag of fake godhood: they picked the "miracle" themselves. That would make me extremely suspicious. Solid evidence of godhood would be accomplishing anything the natives tell them to do.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:44 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,569,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
It's impossible. Any sufficiently advanced alien race, especially if they have a lotus-eater machine, would be able to accomplish (or seem to accomplish) any test I could ask of it. Of course, from my perspective, the entity would then be a god for all practical purposes.

Major red flag of fake godhood: they picked the "miracle" themselves. That would make me extremely suspicious. Solid evidence of godhood would be accomplishing anything the natives tell them to do.

I would agree, except that if they didn't claim to be an omnipotent God, but more like a greek god of war, then they shouldn't be expected to be able to do everything the natives ask.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 PM

37,487 posts, read 25,224,572 times
These are all interesting posts on a very provocative topic. My personal experience does not lend itself to an answer. In the mental state (deep meditation) that I encountered God the "knowing" is an intrinsic part of the mental state and leaves no room for doubt or need for further proof. It is a life changing experience. Sorry.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:49 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,605,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
The only true reality was you, the now revealed God-Head. Nothing was real.

It's ALL - everything we think - how the world seems to us - is interpreted through our minds!
"Atheists" are just as illusional as those who disbelieve in others' beliefs.

It's humbling to realize that we so often fool ourselves... yet it's also empowering to realize when we feel bad emotionally, we're also fooling ourselves.
Thoughts are powerful - we might as well have them work FOR, rather than against us!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:26 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,697,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post

it's a red flag to your modern 20first century thinking,>> not to all those primitive heathens that existed 2000 years ago

those people couldn't even comprehend the power of a 50 megaton hydrogen bomb..

Old 10-14-2011, 11:27 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
he has spoken to me 3 times. no image. very clear instructions which i immediately followed solved alota problems. each time i was in a very very bad situation.
how do i know it was him? bek im not dead!!!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 AM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
Quote:
hmmm,,, what about the parts in the bible and qu'ran that says>> "one shall be cast down to hellfire and brimstone for whatever reason,, is that not based on>> fear<<?? don't see much love there... humans have been waring with eachother since day one,,i don't see a god showering the world with love
Yes, fear, and fear can make a man profess to almost anything....even a belief that he doesn't really have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or