Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 10:01 PM

11 posts, read 11,013 times

Advertisements

There exists in every complex living creature an ongoing battle of life an a nearly-infinite number of fronts between a nearly-infinite number of armies. A War that is between the host's (say, for example, a perrson) immune system, and all manner and sorts of infectious agents - bacteria, fungus, mold, virii and more.The agenst attempt to infect - often with fatal results - the host, while the host's immune system fights back with T-cells, white blood cells and a whole host of other allied defensive players.

Sometimes, the virus, or bacteria or whatever, wins, the the host dies. This battles goest on constantly in all creatures in a war that make the collect wars of all of mankind against itself look like minor scuffles

Now how, I ask, can such a tortured game of life and death possbily be the deliberate creation of a loving, all knowing creator? How could a loving creator allow such a set of circumstances to persist?

It makes no sense whatsoever, that such a Macrbre set of circumstances be created. by such a creator - none whatsoever.

Accordingly, I submit that no such creator exists.

And please, none of the "mysterious ways" gibberish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 PM

192 posts, read 436,854 times
Because there is NO such thing as a "loving creator"! You may have too much time on your hands.

T.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:17 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,545,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinty Moore View Post
There exists in every complex living creature an ongoing battle of life an a nearly-infinite number of fronts between a nearly-infinite number of armies. A War that is between the host's (say, for example, a perrson) immune system, and all manner and sorts of infectious agents - bacteria, fungus, mold, virii and more.The agenst attempt to infect - often with fatal results - the host, while the host's immune system fights back with T-cells, white blood cells and a whole host of other allied defensive players.

Sometimes, the virus, or bacteria or whatever, wins, the the host dies. This battles goest on constantly in all creatures in a war that make the collect wars of all of mankind against itself look like minor scuffles

Now how, I ask, can such a tortured game of life and death possibly be the deliberate creation of a loving, all knowing creator? How could a loving creator allow such a set of circumstances to persist?

It makes no sense whatsoever, that such a Macabre set of circumstances be created. by such a creator - none whatsoever.

A good post. I have to say that, without the 'Mysterious ways gibberish' I can't think of an answer.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:38 AM

9,673 posts, read 9,956,546 times
The spiritual devil and his fallen angels and demon spirit do infest the minds and body of man and animal as they have eternal war to destroy and corrupt the creation and the plan of God ....... See demon spirit come in four types through the wisdom of Jesus Holy Spirit...... These demon spirit are called `mobilities disruptor demon , cognitive disruptor demons, gland disruptor demons, and abdomen disruptor demon ..... were these spirit will indwell in man and pollute his body and his purpose, were all the diseases of man and animals are the works directly and indirectly by these dark spirits ........ Every one of these dark spirits and all the diseases that are known can be be removed from man and be healed by The blessing of the Blood of Lord Jesus Christ as the judgment of the Lord God for the World ......The dark spiritual world is a very busy eternal existence, and the more sin against God grows so then does this dark spiritual World ....All of which Lord Jesus can remove through the prayer of His Blood judgment and the will of man is Jesus regulator of His blessing ....... Hard pill to swallow? You got it

Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,877,222 times
Quote:
Now how, I ask, can such a tortured game of life and death possbily be the deliberate creation of a loving, all knowing creator?
It's not. It is the work of the Devil.

Harder question: What did Dinty Moore do besides cook beef stew?

Old 08-26-2012, 08:00 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,489,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

Hormel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Dinty Moore beef stew was introduced in 1935 first created by Ryen "Gunns" Gunning and Hormel Chili and Spam soon followed in 1936 and 1937 respectively
Believe a Dinty Moore doesn't exist......hmmm..........an invented person....sound familiar?

Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,589,441 times
Quote:

Now how, I ask, can such a tortured game of life and death possbily be the deliberate creation of a loving, all knowing creator? How could a loving creator allow such a set of circumstances to persist?

It makes no sense whatsoever, that such a Macrbre set of circumstances be created. by such a creator - none whatsoever.

Yep, I concur. It makes no sense that a "creator" would remain so "mysterious" and just be sitting back watching all this madness and horror and willingly do nothing about it, for whatever reasons that Christians and other "god" believers come up with. It JUST DOESN'T EXIST. You'll probably hear things like "it's because man brought sin into the world" or "god works in mysterious ways"........really? You defend this kind of abhorrent behavior and think it's ok simply because of some ancient, ignorant beliefs that people had thousands of years ago?

Wow, that's incredible. Incredibly backward and complete denial of what is ever-so-present in one's face....the fact that there is no proof for a deity and nothing you can say or believe changes that. I had an experience yesterday that I'm quite ashamed of but I was cornered and not in the proper place to bring up the fact that I'm an atheist. I was at a church where they give out free groceries (Yes, I need help now and then) and a man came up and asked if I believed in Jesus Christ.....what was I going to say? I lied and said yes and then he asked if I had anything physically wrong with me to which I answered yes and the next thing I know his hand was on my head and my cousins were touching me and he was praying for me to be healed! It was so bizarre, then he asked if the pain was gone and I said no. He seemed genuinely disappointed that it didn't work, guess I just didn't have enough faith right? Very nice people but so very deluded, how does one take on the giant task of facing down this age-old thing called religion?

I admit that there is a certain comfort in "believing" there is a god, I did for all of my life up until recently. I'm not prepared as an atheist to confront others yet, and yesterday's fiasco is my fault for even being at a church in the first place. I don't know what the answer is to this, but I do know that I can no longer fool myself into believing in something there is no evidence for. I'm surrounded by believing people, every single person I know is a Christian and if I were to challenge them it would turn into a nightmare. So I go on, hiding my dirty little secret and hoping that somehow this god that they all demand is real will show itself so I won't be in this awkward position anymore. I know that's never going to happen, so what's a person/atheist to do? Completely alienate all of my friends and family just to prove a point? I can't do it. What's the harm in just letting it go and allowing them their false hopes of this grand afterlife if it keeps them sane and happy?

The harm comes when religion infects every aspect of our government, laws and personal freedoms and that needs to stop. Kudos to those trying to get religion out of places it has no business being and I hope that someday I can be strong enough to help with that. For now I will just voice my opinion on city-data anonymously and hope that those so engrossed in infiltrating society with their beliefs will listen and realize that this thing they think is going to save the world is really detrimental and dangerous as a whole and has no merit whatsoever. Religion has always just been about controlling the masses and really has nothing to do with a deity. It is a man-made concept that people continue to cling to simply out of fear, fear that they have been taught for centuries and that my friends, is nearly impossible to change. But we have to try.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Is there life beyond beef stew?? Well after I put it in cans. Good catch, though.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The spiritual devil and his fallen angels and demon spirit do infest the minds and body of man and animal as they have eternal war to destroy and corrupt the creation and the plan of God ....... See demon spirit come in four types through the wisdom of Jesus Holy Spirit...... These demon spirit are called `mobilities disruptor demon , cognitive disruptor demons, gland disruptor demons, and abdomen disruptor demon ..... were these spirit will indwell in man and pollute his body and his purpose, were all the diseases of man and animals are the works directly and indirectly by these dark spirits ........ Every one of these dark spirits and all the diseases that are known can be be removed from man and be healed by The blessing of the Blood of Lord Jesus Christ as the judgment of the Lord God for the World ......The dark spiritual world is a very busy eternal existence, and the more sin against God grows so then does this dark spiritual World ....All of which Lord Jesus can remove through the prayer of His Blood judgment and the will of man is Jesus regulator of His blessing ....... Hard pill to swallow? You got it
I should have said "mysterious ways or worse, gibberish". This is as bad as the gibberish the religion of peace says. OMG, wake up. Demons, you say. Oh, I am sorry, not demons, but demon spirits. Puuuulleease.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:

The devil, you say.

Balderdash, if not Folderal. There is no devil, no demons, no spirits and no creator. Just "us" and whatever we make of our lives.

Why would an all-powerful creator even allow the existance of a devil??

Are we just a "Reality Show" for your creator's amusement???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality