Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,466 times

Advertisements

I think you are just trying to sugar coat the fact that yes people who are pro choice are definately pro-abortion. they coincide with eachother. If you are pro-choice you agree with abortion, you believe it's ok to kill a baby. That means you are pro abortion. Stop trying to sugar coat the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I'm pretty sure no one in their right minds is pro-abortion. Have you ever seen a rally where everyone is chanting for someone to get an abortion? I think you may mean to say are there any religions that aren't anti abortion and are pro choice. I don't know the answer to that, but I thought I'd point out how ridiculous it is to assume that just because someone doesn't want abortion out lawed doesn't make them pro abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beschult View Post
I think you are just trying to sugar coat the fact that yes people who are pro choice are definately pro-abortion. they coincide with eachother. If you are pro-choice you agree with abortion, you believe it's ok to kill a baby. That means you are pro abortion. Stop trying to sugar coat the facts.
I don't believe it's "okay" to have an abortion, and I would never make that choice for myself... but until the baby leaves the mother's womb, I don't think anyone can or should make her carry it to term. Do you know what dangerous things women did when it was illegal? My mother's college roommate died from a back-alley abortion, and my main reason for being pro-choice is to ensure that doesn't happen to other women. They will ultimately control their bodies in the end, so I'd rather these things be done in a safe environment.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 PM

919 posts, read 3,184,906 times
I am a liberterian and i am prolife...most believe we are prochoice but many of us aren't...there scientific reasons as well as moral ones why we are prolife....thats my two cents..look it up liberteriansforlife.com

Old 12-11-2007, 01:52 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kidsmom View Post
Can a religious person be pro-abortion? Are there religion's that think abortion is ok? If so, what religion is it, and what is their reasoning?
Satanism is pro-abortion. So is anyone who still worships Molech (the burning of children on an burning iron image, similar to frying a baby to death).

The Bible is clear when it says "Thou shalt not kill". So any religion that is based on the Jewish-Christian torah-bible should not kill.

A baby is a person.
God says thou shalt not kill (another person).
Therefore the killing of babies is wrong.
Therefore abortion is wrong.
A baby inside it's mothers womb is still a person.
A fetus is still a person.
Therefore any type of abortion is wrong.
A baby is not a part of its mother like an appendage.
Therefor removing a baby is not like removing the mothers arm.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:54 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I don't believe it's "okay" to have an abortion, and I would never make that choice for myself... but until the baby leaves the mother's womb, I don't think anyone can or should make her carry it to term. Do you know what dangerous things women did when it was illegal? My mother's college roommate died from a back-alley abortion, and my main reason for being pro-choice is to ensure that doesn't happen to other women. They will ultimately control their bodies in the end, so I'd rather these things be done in a safe environment.
An abortion clinic doesn't sound safe for the baby in question!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:59 PM

The Silent Scream is a movie that i feel will really educate a person bout what really goes on during an abortion... also read..www.liberteriansforlife.com (broken link) there are alot of scientific findings that support this viewpoint!

Old 12-11-2007, 03:30 PM

718 posts, read 2,688,601 times
I do not think any person who is truely religious in the christian sense can be for abortion in most cases. Im christian by birth and culture and agnostic by nature and i morally can not support abortion in many cases. I will explain why it is almost impossible for a christian religous person or a person of high morals and values (such as myself) to be for aboriton. Abortion by its very nature, is robbing a human being of a life. At some point a fetus develops from a ball of cells into a functioning entity. It moves, consumes, etc. Its essentially alive. In the same way a plant or a tree is alive. or you and i. It is made up strictly of human dna. killing this living entity, composed of human dna, is very similar to killing man also living entity composed of human DNA. The only difference is one entity has not been delivered out of the womb, where as the other already has.

Cases of rape and incest are obviously exceptions.

But i think for the most part people simply need to excercise personal responsibilty. Doing this helps maintain a proper society.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:57 PM

15,862 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Those who oppose abortion- How many foster children do you have? How many unwanted children have you adopted? How many mother's unwanted children have you supported through neonatal care?

Would you be OK with supporting some several hundred of thousands of babies a year who might be given up if abortion were to be banned? How about taking the tax burden for those that the mothers keep but are being supported by welfare?

1.3 fetuses are aborted a year. If abortion were banned and there were no back ally abortions- what would YOU do about those unwanted children? What are you doing now?

Practice what you preach or your opinion is worthless. I know I don't want to take the tax burden of the unwanted children, though I will have foster children regardless of the status of abortion because there are too many children who are unwanted and unloved RIGHT NOW in the foster care system. Too many people say "Oh the murdered babies!" as if their doing nothing and allowing these children to grow up unwanted and floating in the foster care system is such a good alternative. And that is on YOU, people.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:02 PM

But i think for the most part people simply need to excercise personal responsibilty

i agree...if only people did do that, we would not have this dilemma today...as often anyhow.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:05 PM

599 posts, read 1,260,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
An abortion clinic doesn't sound safe for the baby in question!
Absolutely! Also, pro-choicers will try to make you believe that abortion needs to be legal because that's what will keep it safe...this is so not true. Many women are injured or killed every year from so called safe and legal abortions. We just don't hear about it because abortion providers are not required by law to report when this happens.

I personally believe that we, as a nation, will be judged for supporting abortion the way we do...I'm not referring to one's personal beliefs on the issue but to the fact that it is a legal procedure and is the law of the land. Since Roe vs. Wade was passed in 1973, 30 million babies have perished by way of abortion. May God have mercy on us for allowing it to happen for as many years as it has.

Last edited by Deb in VA; 12-11-2007 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: added punctuation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality