Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:39 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,168,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
That depends if the mother wanted to be pregnant in the 1st place.
If she was on her way to an abortion clinic when the crime occurred, her being pregnant would not have any special bearing on the case.
Thank you. So, someone not planning on having an abortion, whos unborn child is killed by another - a murder charge, in your opinion, might be appropriate. Excellent

In the United States, we view the unborn in a totally different way than people, such as yourself.

OBTW - I prefer not to associate myself with those who dwell in dark thought - for, they are the most negative of persons

I personally choose to surround myself with only positive people -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 08:56 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,197,929 times
Quote:
And the US must be one of the most positive people who gladly invade a country to force them into democracy.
I mean its all for the Iraqis own good and it has nothing to do with the US oil reserves and US oil consumption, right?
I guess the lives of US soldiers aren’t as valuable as the barrels of Iraqi oil. Talk about abortion on a mass scale; on the Iraqi side and the American side.
It almost makes me want to be the French cabdriver in Rush Hour3 who just wanted to shoot people because he wanted to feel American.
In the end the cabdriver even got his wish.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
And the US must be one of the most positive people who gladly invade a country to force them into democracy.
I mean its all for the Iraqis own good and it has nothing to do with the US oil reserves and US oil consumption, right?
I guess the lives of US soldiers aren’t as valuable as the barrels of Iraqi oil. Talk about abortion on a mass scale; on the Iraqi side and the American side.
It almost makes me want to be the French cabdriver in Rush Hour3 who just wanted to shoot people because he wanted to feel American.
In the end the cabdriver even got his wish.
Well, the only response I can give to your diatribe is, my son is currently in Afganistan, on his 5th tour. His wife, recently returned from her 2nd tour (they were mutually deployed in one case).

I respect what they are doing - I respect the troops that are serving the nation proudly and with distinction.

You once said I believe you do not read / watch the news. So, I would suggest that you really do not not know what is happening in the ME -

OBTW, I consider the life of my son, and his comrades (many of whom I personally know) to be very valuable thank you -

Old 12-15-2007, 09:44 AM

119 posts, read 456,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kidsmom View Post
Can a religious person be pro-abortion? Are there religion's that think abortion is ok? If so, what religion is it, and what is their reasoning?
A religious person can be a murderer, child molester, drug abuser, alcoholic, and a number of other things, I'm assuming that they can be pro-abortion too. I'm not pro-abortion, but even I know that there are circumstances when it would be best...such as rape, incest, or health. I do not agree with having an abortion because "Oops" or "I'm not ready". But who am I to say otherwise?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
OBTW - I prefer not to associate myself with those who dwell in dark thought - for, they are the most negative of persons

Oh, wow...an abortion message board is the last place you want to be if you want to be surrounded by positive people. This can be a nasty subject.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
I respect what they are doing - I respect the troops that are serving the nation proudly and with distinction.
Of course you do, they serve a nation who proudly is self-serving first.
In your eyes America can't do anything wrong, because that would not be positive.
At least you Americans are consistent in denying your mistakes.
I still wonder why America did invade Iraq.

Quote:
Published in the August 2002 Foreign Policy In Focus policy report
Seven Fallacies of U.S. Plans to Invade Iraq
by Stephen Zunes

1. A War against Iraq Would Be Illegal
2. Regional Allies Widely Oppose a U.S. Attack
3. There Is No Evidence of Iraqi Links to Al Qaeda or Other Anti-American Terrorists
4. There Is No Proof that Iraq Is Developing Weapons of Mass Destruction
5. Iraq Is No Longer a Significant Military Threat to Its Neighbors
6. There Are Still Nonmilitary Options Available
7. Defeating Iraq Would Be Militarily Difficult

Source: http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0820-04.htm
Quote:
OBTW, I consider the life of my son, and his comrades (many of whom I personally know) to be very valuable thank you
Of course you do; you are his father and as long he does things the way you would do them, you are nothing but proud of him.
The real question is if you'd still be proud of your son if he as a soldier refused to go to where ever he was ordered, because he questioned the righteousness of his government’s motivation.
Besides, people who only wish to see things positively often ignore their mistakes.
Acknowledging your mistakes obviously would give a negative vibe, thus something to be avoided at all costs by people who only want to be positive.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Of course you do; you are his father and as long he does things the way you would do them, you are nothing but proud of him.
The real question is if you'd still be proud of your son if he as a soldier refused to go to where ever he was ordered, because he questioned the righteousness of his government’s motivation.
Yes, I would continue to be proud of him as I raised him to do what HE thought was right - Not what what his father thought was right -

Apparently, you are unable to equate to parenting - hence, your support to kill babies in the womb

Old 12-15-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
In your eyes America can't do anything wrong, because that would not be positive.
At least you Americans are consistent in denying your mistakes.
Please tell me that was directed at Greatday and not at Americans in general. I seriously believe America does do wrong and the combination of politicians and lawyers are destroying our country. Many Americans believe the same way and are not at all happy with what is going on.

Sorry...had to get in there and say that. You two can continue your debate.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Apparently, you are unable to equate to parenting - hence, your support to kill babies in the womb
Apparently you have never been in labour to callously tell a woman what she must do, instead of giving her ALL the choices she has and let her make her own choice.
I believe it is the father knows best syndrome?

Old 12-15-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Apparently you have never been in labour to callously tell a woman what she must do, instead of giving her ALL the choices she has and let her make her own choice.
I believe it is the father knows best syndrome?
I am one who had to make a decison though - to let my wife die, or to let the child live

Would you like to be in that position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality