Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 07:06 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times

Advertisements

The Bill of Rights was ratified in 1789. Stuff the government might have done before then is irrelevant - unless you think the founding fathers had access to time travel so they could break a law before it was written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 07:11 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I think the Anti-Obama Propoganda is reminiscent of the fabricated "Satanic Panic" of the cold war and the 80's.....
And the War on (some) Drugs. And the Red Scare. And having a Papist in the White House. Before then it was labor unions and anarchists. Before then worries about Irish and Italian immigrants. And so on. Some people are just happiest when they have "the other" (insert ominous music) to hate against instead of worrying about their own faults.

Quote:
I cannot help then but wonder, "if they are wrong about this, then about what else are they also wrong....?" Not a good selling point for any religion.
One of the dangers of using faith to try and figure out reality. You end up believing all sorts of obviously wacky stuff because when it comes down to it faith is just random subjective belief. As you say, if their random beliefs are wrong in areas we can check up on, there's no reason to assume they're any more informed about areas which are harder to check.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
If a christian was truly defined as a person who followed the teachings and the word of Jesus Christ then I have yet to meet one.

Now GW Bush was said to be a wonderful christian. He was a born-again christian. From his own lips he said that he spoke freely with God. I cannot imagine what God might have told him, but GW Bush declared war on an innocent country, killed one million Iraqis, 5000 Americans, and disabled and injured tens of thousands more.

If President Obama says he is a christian then he is as christian as anyone of you. If you don't believe that then try reading the gospels.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 AM

272 posts, read 208,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
If a christian was truly defined as a person who followed the teachings and the word of Jesus Christ then I have yet to meet one.

Now GW Bush was said to be a wonderful christian. He was a born-again christian. From his own lips he said that he spoke freely with God. I cannot imagine what God might have told him, but GW Bush declared war on an innocent country, killed one million Iraqis, 5000 Americans, and disabled and injured tens of thousands more.

If President Obama says he is a christian then he is as christian as anyone of you. If you don't believe that then try reading the gospels.
a pair of lips can tell you anything.

the key is to have it in your heart, which neither of those two have.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obama will do whatever serves his best interest. That is who he is.

Christian one day. Muslim the next. Pass the butter. No big deal for him.
exactly. a career Politician

Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The poster does not like Obama...... He uses Christianity to show that.

Some people don't like Obama because he is Black, so they bring in the Christian issue, citizenship issue and what ever other issue they have.

It is really sad because no matter what Obama does this sector of the population will find something to accuse him of...
I wanna like him but all of his hypocritcal interviews and lies just throw me for a loop.

what's sad is you can't see past his skintone to see the real him.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDavid8 View Post
There are pictures of Muhammed in Muslim temples? You don't know much about Islam, do you?
You don't know much about Obama do you?

has he ever done a speech in a Mosque? no? why not?

the point you're all dancing around is WHY does he only do his speeches in churches in the first place if he's not doing them in all houses of worship?

Who is he trying to send a message to?

You're all posting links to him grandstanding in churches with his speeches but I have yet to see a link with him in a Mosque or any other house of worship doing his tired old pep rally speeches.

You can lie to me all day, but don't lie your yourselves. That's called insanity..lol

Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Ya', he's a good value judgement for the values you personally should have. But the modern values just seem to be overwhelming us with more responsibility for the destructive than the constructive.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
You don't know much about Obama do you?

has he ever done a speech in a Mosque? no? why not?

the point you're all dancing around is WHY does he only do his speeches in churches in the first place if he's not doing them in all houses of worship?

Who is he trying to send a message to?

You're posting links to him grandstanding in churches with his speeches but I have yet to see a link with him in a Mosque or any other house of worship doing his tired old pep rally speeches.

You can lie to me all day, but don't lie your yourselves. That's called insanity..lol

It's just that it's very hard to do; it's very hard to do; but you're weak. And that goes doubly for the Mosque.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
It's just that it's very hard to do; it's very hard to do; but you're weak. And that goes doubly for the Mosque.
Why is it so hard for him to get booked for a speech in a Mosque?

They need to hear his unholy rants as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality