Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 09:01 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
How sad, you must have such an inferiority complex and the feeling of self-worthlessness to assume such about yourself. I and many thrive and soar with our passions, loves, interests and value of self all without the need of the delusion of imaginary friends.

Sounds like Ilene has found her self-worth, the security of her own reasoning, and the contentment that brings, without the doubts and fears of what reason cannot but discard as irrational fantasies, that are truly self destructive if for no other reason as it binds the mind into a fantasy world disconnected from reality. Perhaps you should step back and review your own balance between reality and fantasy.
I guarantee you my friends at church are real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,115 times
Whatever your religious or non religious beliefs are, there are four point6s that befall all of us:

1. Unwilling birth = you had no choice in the matter
2. The fall = we have become a lesser god
3. Judgement = Because of the fall we fall into judgment
4. Death = death is the end of judgment and our individuality as a lesser god.

Now, unless number 4 is changed by a higher power than ourselves, we are doomed without hope: Regardless of what we believe.

OK. Here is a universal solution for all of us (Mankind) as a performed and executed by non other than the creator Himself.

1. Willing birth = He chose to be born as Jesus

2. Fall = not as a lesser god but as God descended down from heaven and took the fall for us all. (Meaning that the original fall of us all was instead taken by Him, thus liberating us from the eternal fate that befell us upon the Creators actions.

3. Judgment = He...... instead of us (humanity) took the judgment.

4. Death = He, and He alone also took death for us.

Now, any one can paint whatever picture they choose to believe on the subject, the fact remains, just as death befalls all of us, those four points above also befall all of us.

If you want to become an Agnostic, well, I don't have the slightest problem with that.

You are a lesser god in your own right to choose.

But.......if God in your life helps you live this life to it's fullest, like it is doing for me, then I suggest you look into it with more faith in God then in what mankind has to say about Him.

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I guarantee you my friends at church are real.
But the premise of that friendship is imaginary, just moths drawn to the flame. A mutual self-depracation society perhaps. Misery loves company, some of us just prefer to not buy into the misery, even though it probably does 'feel' like a friendship.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:09 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Whatever your religious or non religious beliefs are, there are four point6s that befall all of us:

4. Death = death is the end of judgment and our individuality as a lesser god.

Now, unless number 4 is changed by a higher power than ourselves, we are doomed without hope: Regardless of what we believe.

OK. Here is a universal solution for all of us (Mankind) as a performed and executed by non other than the creator Himself.

1. Willing birth = He chose to be born as Jesus

2. Fall = not as a lesser god but as God descended down from heaven and took the fall for us all. (Meaning that the original fall of us all was instead taken by Him, thus liberating us from the eternal fate that befell us upon the Creators actions.

3. Judgment = He...... instead of us (humanity) took the judgment.

4. Death = He, and He alone also took death for us.

Now, any one can paint whatever picture they choose to believe on the subject, the fact remains, just as death befalls all of us, those four points above also befall all of us.

If you want to become an Agnostic, well, I don't have the slightest problem with that.

You are a lesser god in your own right to choose.

But.......if God in your life helps you live this life to it's fullest, like it is doing for me, then I suggest you look into it with more faith in God then in what mankind has to say about Him.

Blessings, AJ
I like how number 1 applies to you...Had you been born in India you would probably be worshiping a different god or gods...Some people just need to believe in the supernatural, they just can't help themselves no matter how silly the belief is.

We have but one go round on earth, and we'd better make the best of it...I wouldn't count on any so called after life.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:20 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Ilene, my advice is to follow your heart instead of your head.

Go outside and look at the beautiful world around you. Does your heart see a god?

If your answer is No (as it is for me), then you are an Atheist. Enjoy every day of your life.

If you are not sure, then give it time. The answer will come to you. In the meantime, enjoy every day of your life.

If your heart definitely does see a god, then figure out how your god wants you to live your life. I bet he (or she) wants you to enjoy every day.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I like how number 1 applies to you...Had you been born in India you would probably be worshiping a different god or gods...Some people just need to believe in the supernatural, they just can't help themselves no matter how silly the belief is.

We have but one go round on earth, and we'd better make the best of it...I wouldn't count on any so called after life.
Had I been born anywhere, there is no telling what I would have believed as far as God is concerned.

What makes those four points real is that yes, we have but one go round here, but the process enables us to continue life after this because the designer and creator enabled us to do so.

If you don't believe in an after life, well....that's OK to, but that does not mean you don't go through those for phases in your life, because we all do.

If then that is the case, justification is made for a higher intelligence, one which we can seek out.

Has that not been the norm since creation?

I mean, look at all the supposed god images under the sun that mankind imagined to satisfy its own yearning of inner spirit drive.

For many, in seeking they found comport in times of extreme turmoil, trials and tribulations of which only hope of a better place kept them sane.

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Ilene, my advice is to follow your heart instead of your head.

Go outside and look at the beautiful world around you. Does your heart see a god?

If your answer is No (as it is for me), then you are an Atheist. Enjoy every day of your life.

If you are not sure, then give it time. The answer will come to you. In the meantime, enjoy every day of your life.

If your heart definitely does see a god, then figure out how your god wants you to live your life. I bet he (or she) wants you to enjoy every day.

Sound advice!

I bet it goes like "seek and ye shall find" or "knock and it shall be opened unto you".

What you got to loose?

Otherwise, why try which is not in the spirit.

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,893,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

4. Death
1 and 4 are true, the rest are not. We never "fell" and there is no god to judge us.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
1 and 4 are true, the rest are not. We never "fell" and there is no god to judge us.
let's examine those four poi9nts.

1. Did you consent to be born in the flesh?

2. By being a lesser type of god (Lower case g) do you have any power to effect a change in the outcome of your life after you die? Or only effect what choices you make here? If the answer to the former is no, and the latter yes, then you are as like a fallen god.

3. Because you were born unwillingly, because you were enabled by reason of intelligence to make your own mind up, because you were made subject to this worlds vanity, you don't think that you are being judged by your own decisions whether good or evil?

4. We are also subject to death unwillingly.

Now, I am going to aggree with you on your following quote and I will x-plain why, "We never "fell" and there is no god to judge us".

True, God did not judge us, instead He judged Jesus as us.

Our judgement comes in the following saying paraphrasing: "What ever ye sow, that shall ye reap".

That can only happen while we are yet in the flesh.

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
How about the eleventh aspiration? Love a woman for no other reason than any such kindness will expect. Forgive her, and forget any need for wedding vows.
Does the 'love a woman' part go for other women as well?

'Forgive her' for what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality