Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 07:55 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times

Advertisements

For those of you who have been formally schooled in Hinduism or Buddhism or who may just have an idea that makes sense . . .

If we all reincarnate, how is it possible for mediums, say, to contact dead relatives or for people to just pray for the assistance of dead relatives - if they reincarnate, I would imagine they would be "unavailable."

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
It's a Mystery that science and human understanding wots not of, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't be true, of course. therefore, according to Theist logic it is feasible and thus believable.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:46 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
For those of you who have been formally schooled in Hinduism or Buddhism or who may just have an idea that makes sense . . .

If we all reincarnate, how is it possible for mediums, say, to contact dead relatives or for people to just pray for the assistance of dead relatives - if they reincarnate, I would imagine they would be "unavailable."

Any ideas?
Science has proven that human have an energy field. We actually give off energy in many forms. Heat, electrical current... I believe that when a person dies that energy just joins a mass of energy.

maybe mediums connect by channeling a particular pattern that is unique to that person. Most will ask you to bring something the deceased cherished or owned. Something that was close to the person like jewelry or a photo.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
All I can do is answer your question as to what is valid for me, this answer is based on my experiences dating from 2001 to 2006. During this period I had conversation with my brother who died in 1985, and I asked the same types of questions. These conversations were not through mediums or anyone who professed to speak with departed relatives.
As to reincarnation: We are not required to reincarnate, it is a choice and that choice is not limited to this world. I was told the the worlds of experience are vast and we can choose any one of them we want. That upon death you can make your choice there in no waiting period and there are those who choose to remain within the spiritual realm.
As far as communicating with those who have departed, it's is they who start the communications. The spiritual realm, I'll call it that for the lack of better terms, is endless, when one enters this realm one goes to where their spirit resonates, this is not a place of reward or punishment, it is just another extention of life, all life, no life is exempt.

Again, I can only answer as to what is valid for me, these are my views, some may disagree, some may not, but thats ok.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

Any ideas?
It's possible that than an individual's karma spends thousands of years in the Bardo state (which is like Purgatory) between death and the next rebirth. But would they be "available" while preparing to reincarnate? Like through a medium? I don't know.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
there is no other side. its all taking place here all around us constantly.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
What if you're wrong?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
What if you're wrong?
What if we are all wrong? Seriously, we could be. I believe in what resonates as truth to me, but it may seem utterly ridiculous to you. And that's okay.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:35 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Science has proven that human have an energy field. We actually give off energy in many forms. Heat, electrical current... I believe that when a person dies that energy just joins a mass of energy.

maybe mediums connect by channeling a particular pattern that is unique to that person. Most will ask you to bring something the deceased cherished or owned. Something that was close to the person like jewelry or a photo.
I dated a guy a long time ago who believed this very thing. I don't find it very comforting but in some ways it makes sense.

Disclosure: I believe something happens to us, we don't just rot in the ground, but what it is that happens, I really do not know. Even when I quiet down and listen...I just really do not know. I know what I would LIKE to have happen and I've heard all different theories but what actually happens?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
This resonates with me. Thank you for the reminder. There are theories that revolve around our misconception of time as linear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality