U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 PM

7,088 posts, read 12,075,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Understand that Christians don't buy the natural evolution theory either. There is no evidence that says there wasn't extraterrestrial intervention.
sorry to bring logic into this,but, no one tries to prove a negative, at least no one with any sense. It isn't the way science works. Start with a positive and extrapolate in the directions that the evidence takes you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 11:00 PM

7,696 posts, read 6,195,379 times
Get back to me when man can create life. If man can't create it, its highly illogical for it to happen by accident. Every house has a builder.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:04 PM

29,464 posts, read 28,638,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Get back to me when man can create life. If man can't create it, its highly illogical for it to happen by accident. Every house has a builder.
Life is not a house, nor is it a watch...This is nothing but a twist on the old and debunked watchmakers story...Man can and does create life every day.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 PM

24,684 posts, read 39,474,499 times
It's a pretty familiar theory, one that is more widely believed than you would expect.

There might be something in it. I don't think anyone has the FULL story. We should be open minded instead of clinging to our dogmas like security blankets, whether that be evolution, the Torah etc. A true rationalist has an open mind. It's always interesting to hear new theories, but it is incumbent for the one presenting the theories to provide cursory evidence. I'd be interested to research this a bit more.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM

5,463 posts, read 5,443,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Get back to me when man can make a thunderstorm. If man can't create it, its highly illogical for it to happen by accident. Every house has a builder.

Obviously this means that Thor is real.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:45 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,303,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
We have all heard of the Adam and Eve story in the book of Genesis in the Holy Bible. Most Christians accept that story as the beginning of mankind. But what most people don't realize is that the story of our beginnings in the Holy Bible was based off a more ancient text from the Ancient Sumerians. Sumer was were modern day Iraq is located. The Sumerian text speaks of our beginnings and even speaks of the great flood. While much of the book of Genesis is a carbon copy of the Sumerian text, there is one part that is not so alike. In the bible God created man. In the Sumerian text, the Anunnaki created humans. Anunnaki means those who from heaven came to earth. Today we would call them extraterrestrials. According to the Sumerian text, the Anunnaki created us by mixing their DNA with the DNA of early apes. The result was the creation of homo sapiens. Like in the Bible, the Sumerian text speaks of the Tree of Life and it is depicted on Sumerian clay tablets with entwined snakes which looks exactly like DNA. Variations of that symbol is used in the medical field today. There is one verse in the book of Genesis that is often overlooked. It says "Let US create man in OUR own image" That suggests that more than one created man.

The Sumerian text also says the Anunnaki taught mankind about the stars, how to make weapons, agriculture, ect. Biblical text (the Book of Enoch) says fallen angels taught man these things. The Bible even says that these fallen angels came to earth and mated with human women and created an offspring called the Nephilim or giants. The Bible and Sumerian text both speak of beings coming to earth and physically interacting with humans. So the question is which version of our creation is the truth? When ever you want to find the truth about something you go to the original source. In this case its the ancient Sumerian text. The Sumerian text was the foundation of the Holy Bible. Some where along the line, the creation story changed. Are these beings that came to earth in the past still coming today? More than likely. We call them extraterrestrial/UFOs. Some ET's today are described as human looking with paper white skin and hair. Noah's grandfather Enoch describes the angels as having snow white skin and hair. This truth about UFOs could be the main reason why it is being covered up. It would rock the foundation of the world's great religions. It makes you wonder about some of the reasons the U.S. invaded Iraq. Maybe our government was trying to seek more ancient knowledge. Its interesting that the U.S. went through great lengths to protect museums in Iraq.

This is all possible but we must also realize that this CAN element has other realities of nature composed to refer to past Causes of the Consciousness becoming self-conscious. The MUST element would require that that consciousness of nature we employ from developed and realized facts have other concerns and the coming together of providence, a lot like harmonic convergence.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:06 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,965,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It's a pretty familiar theory, one that is more widely believed than you would expect.

There might be something in it. I don't think anyone has the FULL story. We should be open minded instead of clinging to our dogmas like security blankets, whether that be evolution, the Torah etc. A true rationalist has an open mind. It's always interesting to hear new theories, but it is incumbent for the one presenting the theories to provide cursory evidence. I'd be interested to research this a bit more.
One would think these things would go without saying as most of these people here are adults and this is a r/p forum.
Honetly I think socialization is winning out here. Evidently it's more important for some than allowing any meaningful r/p discussions to take place. I'am glad Darwin has made some feel they are of substance but I do not want to hear about it all the day long so I guess it's a stale-mate for me.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
One would think these things would go without saying as most of these people here are adults and this is a r/p forum.
Honetly I think socialization is winning out here. Evidently it's more important for some than allowing any meaningful r/p discussions to take place. I'am glad Darwin has made some feel they are of substance but I do not want to hear about it all the day long so I guess it's a stale-mate for me.

I see, thank you, and this way we can await the interpreted to take up the political justice. That's all.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:16 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,965,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
I see, thank you, and this way we can await the interpreted to take up the political justice. That's all.
jK("...thit ehehgyu ajdasjd nmj adhanm!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 AM

I'll stick a LOL in anyhow. Mr. Schelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality