U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 PM

2,350 posts, read 1,365,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Relax people. I'm saying go out and find a mormon to hug...I'm just saying now you know why mormons get so upset when you point out inconsistencies and/or problems with their religion. It's because to them, you are attacking their cultural identity -who they are- and are effectively challenging their right to exist as a human being.

Mormons on the other hand need to realize they have been culturally conditioned (on purpose or not is debatable) to see the world that way, and cause themselves unnecessary grief when they inevitably encounter criticism.
Yep, and this is why people are called insensitive and irksome for criticising. I don't buy it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM

11,334 posts, read 10,156,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Yep, and this is why people are called insensitive and irksome for criticising. I don't buy it.
You don't have to, I'm not "selling" anything.

But perhaps you just want something to hate and refuse to consider anything that would potentially get in the way of your hating?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:43 PM

3,797 posts, read 4,339,251 times
Quote:
Relax people. I'm saying go out and find a mormon to hug...I'm just saying now you know why mormons get so upset when you point out inconsistencies and/or problems with their religion. It's because to them, you are attacking their cultural identity -who they are- and are effectively challenging their right to exist as a human being.

Mormons on the other hand need to realize they have been culturally conditioned (on purpose or not is debatable) to see the world that way, and cause themselves unnecessary grief when they inevitably encounter criticism.
I see your point but it is not my job to make sure that I don't offend people with my views. If I state my opinion and someone gets offended, there is nothing I can do about that. And I'm going to state my opinion. I am much more diplomatic in person but this is an online forum and that's why we post here, to share our opinions.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:23 PM

11,334 posts, read 10,156,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I see your point but it is not my job to make sure that I don't offend people with my views. If I state my opinion and someone gets offended, there is nothing I can do about that. And I'm going to state my opinion. I am much more diplomatic in person but this is an online forum and that's why we post here, to share our opinions.
All I wanted was for people to see my point. I'm just as critical of the LDS church as anyone, maybe more so being that I live in Salt Lake.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:09 PM

2,350 posts, read 1,365,500 times
Quote:
You don't have to, I'm not "selling" anything.

But perhaps you just want something to hate and refuse to consider anything that would potentially get in the way of your hating?
Oh, I didn't think you were selling, sorry if I came off aggressive. I agree with the post below mine, that I'm different in person and the internet is a place to share my opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality