Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:30 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,869 times

Advertisements

This was an interesting read...

Christianity and Freemasonry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 5,767 times
Default wow

Well I do not know where you all get your information, but it is really not based in reality. You have been watching way to many TV preachers !! I am a mason, no the first 3 degrees more then anything have there bases in the old testment, the 3rd degree could be taken at to be pointing to a new testament teaching. The 4th degree and above on the yorkish right are all 100% new testment teachings, I know that goes contray to what you might hear but it is the truth. About the right family etc... in some lodges that is true and in others it is not. I have seen the same in churches as well regradless of the demonation. What I will say is that many christains confuse faith with not thinking. Masondry stresses thinking. and that is a bad think in the big picture for ministers who rely on contrubutions from the unthinking

Old 11-27-2007, 07:47 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftplds View Post
Well I do not know where you all get your information, but it is really not based in reality. You have been watching way to many TV preachers !! I am a mason, no the first 3 degrees more then anything have there bases in the old testment, the 3rd degree could be taken at to be pointing to a new testament teaching. The 4th degree and above on the yorkish right are all 100% new testment teachings, I know that goes contray to what you might hear but it is the truth. About the right family etc... in some lodges that is true and in others it is not. I have seen the same in churches as well regradless of the demonation. What I will say is that many christains confuse faith with not thinking. Masondry stresses thinking. and that is a bad think in the big picture for ministers who rely on contrubutions from the unthinking

Well thank goodness--a voice of reason. My father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were all Masons, and my mom & grandma were part of Eastern Star. I have hopes to join as well. It really is more tradition than anything, and it is most certainly a thinking man's (or woman's) group, which is why it is such a source of pride for many.

A "cult", it is not. If it were, then certainly Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts would be as well, as their whole philosophy is based on biblical teachings (though, not so much for GS anymore). It is all about being a part of something, to work as a group to make things better for others. Shriners, Scottish Rite, etc hospitals would not exist without these great men and women.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:07 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Well thank goodness--a voice of reason. My father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were all Masons, and my mom & grandma were part of Eastern Star. I have hopes to join as well. It really is more tradition than anything, and it is most certainly a thinking man's (or woman's) group, which is why it is such a source of pride for many.

A "cult", it is not. If it were, then certainly Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts would be as well, as their whole philosophy is based on biblical teachings (though, not so much for GS anymore). It is all about being a part of something, to work as a group to make things better for others. Shriners, Scottish Rite, etc hospitals would not exist without these great men and women.
Not to insult you, but you might want to do some deep researching. It's the deep dark side that is the problem. Let's remember just about every organizations has it's dark side. I believe some go into this unknowing. Just wonder what God thinks about us even being apart of something that deceives others through HIS name.
It's each persons responsibility to research there faith and organizations they join. Just because one believes in God does not make them a CHRISTIAN!!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,386 times
argue, Thanks for this thread. I have been interested in this organization for a while. What I'm finding is not all of our founding fathers were Free Mason, but several of our President's were Free Mason or Illuminates. If you read about Free Mason and the Illuminati Secret Society that come out of our Prestiges University's it's a little scary. President Clinton and Bush are part of the Illuminati Society. The Skull and Cross Bone. Which, neither one have denounced.
They say the N.A.F.T.A. is part of the One World Order that President Bush is secretly working on and Congress is letting him keep it a secert. As long as Christian"s sit and let these things go on we are also helping Satan establish his PLAN.
I would say ANYTHING that has Lucifer in a ritual is not the place for a Christian. When has anyone heard OUR PRESIDENT say in the NAME of JESUS. A Free Mason recognizes GOD but NOT JESUS!!!! At least the higher up ones I hear it starts with the 33 degree.
For some of us when one speaks of God we assume his a Christian many believe in God and DENY the SON!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,447 times
Please check out the link that I posted earlier in the thread. Which 33rds are the bad ones? Scottish Rite Northern Jurisdiction? Southern Jurisdiction? What about all of the York Rite guys---do they miss out on ruling the world? Seriously, the 33rd degree is an honor, but I don't think that a bunch of 70-year-old men who fly to D.C. to get a white hat are secretly ruling the world.
As for the Illuminati, there isn't any proof of the existence of that organization; yet it's used to tie together the Bilderbergers, the Skull and Bones, Freemasonry, and about every other organization.

As for praying to Lucifer; Freemasons do not pray to Lucifer. Please go to taxil hoax - Google Search and click on any of the results.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:20 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,382,390 times
The freemasons are just a bunch of old, upper middle class white guys hanging around in a clubhouse.
Yes, they are Protestant and, yes, Freemasonry was formed in opposition to Catholics, but they are (now, at least) nothing more than Fred and Barney at the Moose Lodge.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Not to insult you, but you might want to do some deep researching. It's the deep dark side that is the problem. Let's remember just about every organizations has it's dark side. I believe some go into this unknowing. Just wonder what God thinks about us even being apart of something that deceives others through HIS name.
It's each persons responsibility to research there faith and organizations they join. Just because one believes in God does not make them a CHRISTIAN!!

To which deep, dark side are you referring?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
argue, Thanks for this thread. I have been interested in this organization for a while. What I'm finding is not all of our founding fathers were Free Mason, but several of our President's were Free Mason or Illuminates. If you read about Free Mason and the Illuminati Secret Society that come out of our Prestiges University's it's a little scary. President Clinton and Bush are part of the Illuminati Society. The Skull and Cross Bone. Which, neither one have denounced.
They say the N.A.F.T.A. is part of the One World Order that President Bush is secretly working on and Congress is letting him keep it a secert. As long as Christian"s sit and let these things go on we are also helping Satan establish his PLAN.
I would say ANYTHING that has Lucifer in a ritual is not the place for a Christian. When has anyone heard OUR PRESIDENT say in the NAME of JESUS. A Free Mason recognizes GOD but NOT JESUS!!!! At least the higher up ones I hear it starts with the 33 degree.
For some of us when one speaks of God we assume his a Christian many believe in God and DENY the SON!!!

Wow, that's some conspiracy you've got going on there.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:27 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
I find it very interesting reading this thread about Freemasonry and the Eastern Star particularly the comments by individuals who are not members of the order or fraternity and know absolutely nothing about it. Let me first explain I am a 32nd degree KCCH Scottish Rite Mason, Past Master of four different lodges and Past Wise Master of the Evangelist Chapter of Rose Croix and a Knights Templar, I currently serve as a Grand Lodge Officer of the Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia in Washington, DC. I find it very insulting for anyone to say that I worship Lucifer, or for anyone who is so narrow minded to believe such a thing. Freemasonry is not a religion of any kind, all Freemasons know that we tolerate all religions and welcome any member of any religion in our fraternity, it is the hierarchy of the church of whatever religion you belong to that prevents you from becoming an member of the fraternity and why is that? It is because they are afraid that they will lose their power over you and you will begin to start thinking for yourself, freethinkers are one of the biggest enemies of the church because they want you to be their sheep. Freemasonry wants you to think for yourself, open your mind, take off the blinders and look around. The only person who cannot become a member of the fraternity is an atheist because they do not have a belief in a supreme being, by whatever name you want to call him. We are not out to destroy the church, the churches out to try to destroy us, because of their ignorance and lies. As for Freemasonry being a secret society, if that were true you would never know about us, actually the big secret about Freemasonry is that there are no secrets. We have no ties to the Skull and Bones or the illuminati, these are stories that have been made up by individuals who know nothing about the fraternity and are perpetuated by ignorant individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality