Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,125,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Has it ever occurred to anyone that it's as simple as: $@!# happens!?

Wire your brain one way and you want a woman, another and you want a man, another and the hind end of a Hippopotamus looks pretty fine. It's not all that complicated people. It doesn't take much to mess up the calibration, and we rarely get to choose where we fall on that continuum.
Yes, "$@!# happens!" - the question is "How & why did $@!# happen"? The OP assumes that homosexuality is nature's doing, when it's more environmental influences... which we, as conscious human beings have respons-ability for. As newborns, we were born with our brains only 25% developed, so that they may continue to develop to adapt to environmental influences. Some want to think that we are just "born" one way or the other when that's a lie... a harmful lie that is causing a lot of pain, sickness & death.

You want to pretend that we are so simple... that "it's not all that complicated."
Well, Chango... consider just some of the influences that contribute to what makes human beings think, feel & act as they do...

1. Age
2. Physical Development
3. Sex (Male or Female) & how we regard our sexuality
4. Financial Opportunity
5. Education (& the education of influential people around us - esp. parents)
6. Health of body systems: (which is largely influenced by lifestyle habits of diet, exercise & sleep)
-Cardiovascual
-Digestive
-Endocrine
-Lymphatic
-Muscular
-Nervous
-Reporductive
-Respiratory
-Skeletal
-5 Senses
7. Genes & inherited tendencies (which are only expressed along with certain environmental influences)
8. Intelligence - & how it is pursued or not (many types of intelligence
-Musical
-Natural
-Logical/Mathematical
-Existential
-Interpersonal
-Bodily-Kinesthetic
-Linguistic
-Intra-personal
-Spatial
9. Self Management (Character/Maturity) - choice
10. Psychological development (see Erikson's stages of development)
-Infancy: Birth to 18 months, Trust vs. Mistrust (possible strengths: drive & hope)
-Early Childhood: 18 months to 3 years, Autonomy vs. Shame (strengths: self-control, courage & will)
-Play Age: 3-5 years, Initiative vs. Guilt (strengths: purpose)
-School Age: 6-12, Industry vs. Inferiority (strengths: method & competence)
-Adolescence: 12-18, Identity vs. Role Confusion (strengths: devotion & fidelity)
-Young Adulthood: 18-35, Intimacy & Solidarity vs. Isolation (strengths: affiliation & love)
-Middle Adulthood: 35 to 55 or 65, Generativity vs. Self-Absorption or Stagnation (strengths: production & care)
-Late Adulthood: 55 or 65 to Death, Integrity vs. Despair (strength: wisdom)
11. Thinking Distortions
A) Filtering: filtering out positive aspects of a situation while magnifying negative
B) Polarized thinking: black- or white (when often it is a mix)
C) Overgeneralization - something happens once, but general conclusions are based on that one happening
D) Jumping to conclusions - concluding with out knowing or considering all of the facts
E) Catastrophizing - magnifying or minimizing, expecting disaster
F) Personalization - taking things personally, comparing
G) Control Fallacies - Viewing ourselves victim to external controls, or internalizing others pain (to feel control)
H) Fallacy of Fairness - Constantly looking for fairness & being disappointed (because life often isn't fair)
I) Blaming - holding others responsible for our pain, or blaming ourselves for others pain
J) Shoulds - making rules about everything - & inducing shame when rules aren't kept
K) Emotional Reasoning - thinking feelings are facts (when they aren't)
L) Fallacy of Change - Thinking we can change others & then we'll be happy (both aren't true)
M) Global Labeling - Generalizing
N) Always being right - Continually on trial to prove our opinions & actions are correct
O) Heaven's Reward Fallacy - Belief that if you suffer enough, the pay-off will be worth it after-life
12. Self Esteem (unconditional esteem for existing, & conditional esteem for living up to one's perceived potential or not)
- Others Esteem/Relation to others
13. Birth/Sibling Order & Family Dynamics
14. Cultural/Religous beliefs
15. Temperament: (which affects how one pursues natural talents, abilities & types of intelligence)
- Activity
- Regularity
- Adaptability
- Persistence
- Sensitivity
16. Personality: (I'm most familiar with the "Color Code" book)
- Red (want power, to be right, to hide insecurities tightly, leadership)
- Blue (want intimacy, to be good, to reveal insecurities, to be understood)
- White (want peace, to feel good inside, to please others, protection)
- Yellow (want fun, to look good, to be praised, freedom, playful adventure)
17. Social Support - family, friends, community (& how one reaches out & appreciates others reaching out, or not)
18. Experiences (which are countless!!!) & how we interpret & react to them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 04:06 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,755,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Still nasty!
All sex is "nasty". You think the vagina or mouth is any less disgusting than the rectum? There are over 600 varieties of bacteria in the human mouth. That doesn't stop people from oral sex or kissing. The vagina has a whole host of bacteria as well, not to mention it gets bloody every month, is full of mucus and fluid secretions, and gets things like yeast infections.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:21 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,125,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
All sex is "nasty". You think the vagina or mouth is any less disgusting than the rectum? There are over 600 varieties of bacteria in the human mouth. That doesn't stop people from oral sex or kissing. The vagina has a whole host of bacteria as well, not to mention it gets bloody every month, is full of mucus and fluid secretions, and gets things like yeast infections.
You're forgetting...
The mouth & vagina are designed to be both entrances & exits.
The anus is designed to be an exit only.

The vagina is the birth canal & we regularly swallow saliva... so in healthy individuals, bacteria in these areas are naturally healthy.
However, even in healthy individuals, the anus is a source of infections-causing bacteria.

Last edited by SuperSoul; 11-03-2011 at 06:36 PM..

Old 11-03-2011, 07:07 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,916,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post

Evidence shows being gay IS a choice, more linked to environmental influences than to biology...

Nonsense.

Utter rubbish.

I am not all impressed with the links mentioned ... Holocaust Deniers also have dozens of web links to "prove" their point. It is bogus and a lame attempt to somehow justify hate, prejudice and bigotry.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:14 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,115,013 times
Quote:
You're forgetting...
The mouth & vagina are designed to be both entrances & exits.

The vagina is the birth canal & we regularly swallow saliva... so in healthy individuals, bacteria in these areas are naturally healthy.
However, even in healthy individuals, the anus is a source of infections-causing bacteria.
It's also where the poop comes out.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
It is not about hate ,When you think that this behavior is wrong it does not mean you hate anyone .
It is only a matter of opinion...
There is wright & wrong .. nothing in between ...
If a sexual relationship between men and women is wright & normal then the sexual relationship between same-sex must be wrong & of curse not normal ...
As far as I know there is no such thing as homosexual genes it mean that this behavior comes from experiencess and surrounding circumstances .
That behavior often (not always) comes with someone Male/Female who has lived in feminine/masculine vicinity or exposed to a sexual experience with the same sex at a young age .
Hermaphrodite ...now that is something else .
1. I, too, believe there is right and wrong ... and hate and prejudice against LGBT people is wrong.

2. You say that a sexual relationship between a man and woman is right, but one between two people of the same sex is wrong. I disagree with that judgment. You are entitled to your opinions. In my opinion it is lovely when two people find each other and fall in love, even if they are of the same sex.

3. Not normal? So is having blue eyes, being left handed, or having an IQ above 135. So what is your point?????

I do not mean to put anyone down and want to repeat my belief that everyone has the right to express their opinions no matter how prejudiced they may be ... BUT ... this arrogant condemnation of LGBT people and their right to love is based on ignorance and superstition. If you want to somehow defame gay people or deprive them of civil rights, then in my book that is bigotry.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
You're forgetting...

Wow!

This is really silly!

Who "designed" it? Ralph Lauren? Frank Lloyd Wright? Leonardo Da Vinci?

Millions of heterosexual people engage in anal sex. So what? Who cares?

I find it really amusing when a sanctimonious self-righteous ignoramus (rhymes with anus) begins to lecture the rest of us on what is the proper uses and functions of the human body.

:h amd::ham d:

Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,115,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Wow!

This is really silly!

Who "designed" it? Ralph Lauren? Frank Lloyd Wright? Leonardo Da Vinci?

Millions of heterosexual people engage in anal sex. So what? Who cares?

I find it really amusing when a sanctimonious self-righteous ignoramus (rhymes with anus) begins to lecture the rest of us on what is the proper uses and functions of the human body.

:h amd::ham d:

SuperSoul is correct. Don't bother throwing a tantrum.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
SuperSoul is correct. Don't bother throwing a tantrum.
I think you misunderstand me.

I like using smiley faces!

You are entitled to your views. I do not agree with them.

I stand in proud support of the LGBT Community. Any attempt to denounce them or ridicule them or deprive them of being First Class citizens is something I will refute.

Greetings from The City Of Brotherly Love!

Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 PM

33,517 posts, read 37,080,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul

Evidence shows being gay IS a choice, more linked to environmental influences than to biology...
Talk is cheap...Show me the evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality