Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Folks, the OP pertains to the notion of homosexuality and population control. We need to keep this one on topic, okay?

Thanks!
I know God did not plan it this way as this is of an individual's choice. He wants us to be happy and procreate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think you misunderstand me.

I like using smiley faces!

You are entitled to your views. I do not agree with them.

I stand in proud support of the LGBT Community. Any attempt to denounce them or ridicule them or deprive them of being First Class citizens is something I will refute.

Greetings from The City Of Brotherly Love!
I think you have misunderstood me as well.

I'm not actually opposed to the LGBT community becoming anything less than first class citizens. I really don't have anything against LGBT people or their married lives. Live and let live.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Homosexuality is one of nature's many population-control methods, IMO.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:29 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Some scientists now believe that homosexuality is nature's way of population control. Homosexual behavior exists in every animal species and studies show that homosexual behavior peak in over populated species. Population control is important because there has to be a balance in the food chain. Otherwise it would lead to extinction of many species. There are certain breeds of south american frogs that can change sex in a male/female dominated environment. In nature there is a reason and function for everything and that includes homosexuality among all animal species. God does not make mistakes. If all the gay people since the beginning of mankind were straight, the world may have 3 to 5 times as many people today. This planet would be overcrowded and humans would use more of the earth's resources due to population. That would lead to further extinctions and there would be more famine. The fact is that we need gay people for our survival. So to people who say its not natural, that might not entirely be true.

medical evidence that shows being gay isn't a choice.

What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

Brain responses differ in gay, straight men - Health - Sexual health - msnbc.com

In addition Scientists have discovered that a developing male inside a woman that is exposed to too many female hormones has a higher chance of being gay. Hormones do affect the development and structure of the brain.

Its very similar as to how our brain interprets the taste of food. One person may like carrots and another person may find carrots disgusting and can't figure out how people can like them. (one man may be attracted to another man. Another man may not be attracted to other men) Its not a matter of choice whether or not you like carrots.

Many use the bible to condemn homosexuals but its more like twisting scripture. No where in the Bible does Jesus condemn homosexuality. Why is that? Jesus does condemn liars, thieves and adulterers. Ironically our preachers spend more time condemning homosexuals than liars, thieves and adulterers. They talk about "protecting marriage" but all the talk is about gay marriage and nothing is said about divorce and other non traditional structures of the family. The book of Leviticus does say homosexuality is an abomination but so is eating shell fish. Leviticus also says its okay to own slaves. (Scripture in Leviticus was used to condone U.S. slavery in the 18th and 19th centuries) Not only was Leviticus written by MAN but the laws in Leviticus were created by MAN. Just like when the Catholic Church say its a sin to use a condom. I'm sure 2,000 years from people will be believing God said its a sin to wear condoms. The only "God laws" are the Ten Commandments and there is nothing about homosexuality in the Ten Commandments. You would think if it were this big great sin it would be in the Ten Commandments and the number one law. Christians already break one Ten Commandment in all the churches. Thou shall not worship graven images and thats exactly what the cross is. Religion is a double edge sword. It can enlighten people but at the same time it can lead people to blindly think in ignorance. In the end its not about the religion itself, its about your connection with God, your faith in him, where your heart is and your good deeds to others on earth. God loves EVERYONE and he expects us to do the same.
I don't think that "God" or the "species survival" component of evolution would compel people to unconsciously chose homosexuality as a way to keep the world from being overpopulated.

Let me tell you something I have found out--People "get off" on ALL KINDS of stuff...and some of it would turn other people completely off...possibly even cause them to be repulsed to the point of physical illness. I'm sure most know of/about many of these types of things.

We call anything outside of basic "one man on one women" sex, void of anything that would be considered "kinky" by the "mainstream", a FETISH.

I don't see these fetishes as something intrinsic to the person, but acquired...similar to smoking cigarettes or doing shots of 100 proof whiskey--It's starts off kinda tough to take...but whatever drew the people to explore it to begin with, usually compels them to stay with it to the point that it becomes something they aren't just "in to", but in fact, feel they "need" to be "turned on". And though I've yet to see any ever "change their mind" subsequently, and decide they are now "turned off" by something that has become a "turn on"...I've never for a second felt it was anything more than a "headtrip" they have developed.

I feel homosexuality falls into the category of a fetish.
Since I pass no judgments on people based of what "trips their trigger" sexually...and have no bias toward anyone about who with, how, or how often they "get it on", as long as it's all honest and consenting...I pass no judgments on homosexuals. MOF, the gays tend to be less sexually repressed than the straights...also more sexually "creative".

But again, I see homosexuality as just another fetish. No different than pain, domination, humiliation, role play, multiple partners simultaneously, and all the various really radical things people are into.
I also see what is nothing more than overall "gender identity" issues, being mistaken for a "sexual orientation" issue...thus the confusion that seeing boys that want to play with dolls, and girls that want to "rough house", as some sort of a "marker" for being "wired" to be sexually attracted to the same gender.

It's easy for me to observe objectively and intently to this, since it's "business" to me. I've been doing that for about 60 hours a week since 1985.
But from what I can see...homosexuality is no more intrinsic to a persons sexual nature, than say, being into pain as a sexual turn on.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Actually, my mother in law calling everyone on the phone before sex would easily accomplish this.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:16 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I don't think that "God" or the "species survival" component of evolution would compel people to unconsciously chose homosexuality as a way to keep the world from being overpopulated.

Let me tell you something I have found out--People "get off" on ALL KINDS of stuff...and some of it would turn other people completely off...possibly even cause them to be repulsed to the point of physical illness. I'm sure most know of/about many of these types of things.

We call anything outside of basic "one man on one women" sex, void of anything that would be considered "kinky" by the "mainstream", a FETISH.

I don't see these fetishes as something intrinsic to the person, but acquired...similar to smoking cigarettes or doing shots of 100 proof whiskey--It's starts off kinda tough to take...but whatever drew the people to explore it to begin with, usually compels them to stay with it to the point that it becomes something they aren't just "in to", but in fact, feel they "need" to be "turned on". And though I've yet to see any ever "change their mind" subsequently, and decide they are now "turned off" by something that has become a "turn on"...I've never for a second felt it was anything more than a "headtrip" they have developed.

I feel homosexuality falls into the category of a fetish...

But again, I see homosexuality as just another fetish. No different than pain, domination, humiliation, role play, multiple partners simultaneously, and all the various really radical things people are into.
I also see what is nothing more than overall "gender identity" issues, being mistaken for a "sexual orientation" issue...thus the confusion that seeing boys that want to play with dolls, and girls that want to "rough house", as some sort of a "marker" for being "wired" to be sexually attracted to the same gender.

It's easy for me to observe objectively and intently to this, since it's "business" to me. I've been doing that for about 60 hours a week since 1985.
But from what I can see...homosexuality is no more intrinsic to a persons sexual nature, than say, being into pain as a sexual turn on.
Many good points.
I hadn't considered it to be a fetish - more of a preference, but I guess it's the same thing.

We know that behavior is mostly environmentally influenced, since our brains at birth are only 25% developed & develop the rest in accordance with environmental influences. This gives us an advantage over other species who may have brains more developed at birth, but are less adapted to environmental influences.

We also know that statistically, (according to the US CDC) homosexual practices present risks... since homosexuals switch partners often, they are more likely to get STDs & AIDS (which 2 friends of mine died from).
STD Increase among Gay and Bisexual Men
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf (broken link)
We also know that anal sex is risky (for anal fissures, colon rupture & anal cancer), even in 2 healthy males.

Those in my extended family & of my friends with homosexual preferences, I love like anyone else. I don't treat them differently - in fact, some of my guy friends who have homosexual preferences have been great friends to me. I won't go lecture them about their lives... but when the opportunity presents itself (like if they ask what I think) or like on this thread... I'll share information regarding homosexuality, in hopes that those with homosexual preferences will make more informed decisions, regarding their sexual practices. Some want to feel or appear like they're being loving by encouraging homosexual practices... but that isn't love - that's caving into peer pressure & promoting a harmful lie.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Evidence shows being gay IS a choice, more linked to environmental influences than to biology...

Science Does NOT Support the Claim That Homosexuality Is Genetic
http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/bornorbred.pdf

Homosexual Researchers Debunk ‘Born Gay’ Urban Legend
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/724179/posts

"1. No research has found provable biological or genetic differences between heterosexuals & homosexuals that weren't caused by their behavior.
2. In 2 large studies conducted... Homosexuals overwhelmingly believed their feelings and behavior were the result of social or environmental influences.
3. Older homosexuals often approach the young
4. Early homosexual experiences influence adult patters of behavior
5. Sexual conduct is influenced by cultural factors - esp. religious convictions
6. Many change their sexual preferences
7. There are many ex-homosexuals"
Environmental factors may influence sexual orientation | LifeSiteNews.com

The APA changed the definition of homosexuality not because of scientific studies, but because of political harrassment from gay lobbyists.
The Born "Gay" Hoax |

Last edited by SuperSoul; 11-04-2011 at 01:37 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 01:38 PM

IF... we were to accept as some in this thread are arguing... that homosexuality ("sexual relations with persons of the same sex") is nature's doing, why don't we just blame all behavior on nature? If it is accepted that one can't help how they act, they were just "born" that way... what does that imply for those with other sexual deviations?

"Recent changes in the APA's diagnostic manual may have encouraged pedophile advocates."
The APA's and the Pedophilia Controversy

"The Movement to Legitimize Pedophilia

In 1981, Dr. Theo Sandfort, co-director of the research program of the Department of Gay and Lesbian Studies at the University of Utrecht, Netherlands, interviewed 25 boys aged 10 to 16 who were currently involved in sexual relationships with adult men. The interviews took place in the homes of the men. According to Sandfort, "For virtually all the boys ... the sexual contact itself was experienced positively..." Could an adult-child sexual contact, then, truly be called positive for the child? Based on the research presented, Sandfort answered that question in the affirmative."
On the Pedophilia Issue: What the APA Should Have Known

Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I know God did not plan it this way as this is of an individual's choice. He wants us to be happy and procreate.
No you don't, you only believe that, yet you have no proof of your misguided assumption. Some people are gay, some are left handed (at about the same rate) and god had nothing to do with either.

Those are not mutually exclusive for many people. If it works for you, fine, but you do not have the right or the knowledge to assume your narrow view is a fit for everyone, for it ain't.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Evidence shows being gay IS a choice,
Sure you can find all sorts of religious based hate sites and blogs to support your fantasy, but they are also as willful ignorant as you are.

At 2 or 3 years old, the little boy next boy was clearly as gay as they come, one only had to watch him to see that. Today, at almost 40 years old, he is living as an openly gay man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality