Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:00 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,122,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Everything we do IS natural by default, even homosexuality.
Homosexual practices have shown to kill, & suicide kills more than war - those could be considered "natural defaults", but some "natural defaults" are healthier than others. And since we're naturally given brains to distinguish between what will add to our life & what will end it, we should take advantage of that knowledge, unless we want to sacrifice ourselves for the sake of population control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 01:43 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
It is natural for animals to hump anything, & eat their young - that happens in nature - so is that something natural for human beings? WHY ARE YOU COMPARING ANIMAL CONSCIOUSNESS TO HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS?
Are we not on the outside of cages, & animals on the inside?

I love animals - but I don't compare my mental & emotional reasoning to theirs. Primates are actually born with brains more develped, than ours are at birth. Besides humans, there are 3 species that have mental ability to make tools... primate, elephant & crow. Each of these are given extra time with their parents & for brain development after birth.

As humans, our brains are less developed at birth, so we can better adapt to environmental influences & thus not only survive, but thrive & master many abilities other animals can't. This also supports that our nature is to understand more - about what is healthy & what is not & base our decisions on that. So, understanding that homosexual practices have been proven to present health risks (even with 2 healthy males engagin in anal sex) & to spread disease, as evident by US CDC reports, we can naturally figure out that this type of behavior is counter to our well-being.
You keep referring to Humans and animals as if they are separate from one another, what are we but animals as well?

Old 10-29-2011, 01:58 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,112,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Humans are part of nature, created by the same forces that created all life on this planet. Everything we do IS natural by default, even homosexuality.
That's pure determinism.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You keep referring to Humans and animals as if they are separate from one another, what are we but animals as well?
Humans are *not* animals. Animals are sinless.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:03 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,834,267 times
Science may by-pass the scientific method for Social Progress. This is the hope for the Revolt of the Masses. Woops, am I homo-phobic? I submit to the government I am.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,746,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Humans are animals. Scientific fact.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:15 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,834,267 times
SIn because it is the cause of true new discoveries in science, is also some way a fact. It is not facticity but the further illusion for development or at least meaningful theory.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:36 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times
Quote:
Tell that to my dog when I come home and he has torn the trash bin apart....... he knows he's done somthing wrong and hides......

On a more serious note, WHY do you claim that humans are not animals??? What do you base this statement on? Or is it just inconvenient to your beliefs so you deny it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
SIn because it is the cause of true new discoveries in science, is also some way a fact. It is not facticity but the further illusion for development or at least meaningful theory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Science may by-pass the scientific method for Social Progress. This is the hope for the Revolt of the Masses. Woops, am I homo-phobic? I submit to the government I am.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

Old 10-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Humans are animals. Scientific fact.
If we're all animals, what's the big deal about bestiality?

Old 10-29-2011, 03:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,746,741 times
Quote:
If we're all animals, what's the big deal about bestiality?
Non-human animals cannot consent. Just because we're the most logical and intelligent animals on earth doesn't make us any less animals.

We are part of the family "Hominidae" which are the Great Apes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality