Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times

Advertisements

With Eve's disobedience to God, it subsequently displayed over time the love God has for His creation, that might have not been known in a blissful paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Was Eve correct in rejecting God?
can you please post the scripture that shows the God who created her and Adam, had relayed to her how she would become like a god? because i know he didn't say that to her. that was the jealous lie of a wicked angel. you said..."Eve, like some today, would have seen God as less fit to rule mankind" by eve believing that lie, the only thing it got her was a swift kick out a beautiful place, and labor pains. seems like the lie that wicked angel told her didn't come out true. and i BET!... she regretted what she did, as well as Adam for following her.

"richard dawkins" funny, God would even forgive him for the crap he's saying. it's also funny how he as with many focus on the negetive parts they see, and not the good. but i guess it makes what they're trying to say more valid. and since this man was born imperfect, i'm sure there can be said some negetive things about him, as with ALL of us. satan's servants always feel they can throw stones, not realizing they're standing right in the line of an approaching brick themselves.

man who followers a human God is a fool, because that god isn't a mountain ,he CAN be moved, Jehovah can't! and there's no human or non-human that can move him, nor his son for that matter. man can't do a thing for me,or to me, unless God allows it. i think i would rather be ALL the negetive things some would think of me, following and "invisible God" than to "step up to the highest form of humanity",(imperfect), following a human who can't go against God.

ah sorry!.. Jesus did the will of the God of old, (John 5:30 -I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me).
so if whoever, believe Jesus DIDN'T agree with ALL his Father did, be-it seen negetively or not, he AGREED with it! peace

Old 11-08-2011, 01:19 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
With Eve's disobedience to God, it subsequently displayed over time the love God has for His creation, that might have not been known in a blissful paradise.
Then it was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?
Only an insane God. That’s who.
The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.
The wage of sin is death. What sin killed Jesus?

Regards
DL

Old 11-08-2011, 01:28 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
can you please post the scripture that shows the God who created her and Adam, had relayed to her how she would become like a god? because i know he didn't say that to her. that was the jealous lie of a wicked angel.
I agree that God kept that information from them. He only confirmed that that was what happened after while he was evicting them from the garden.

The talking snake, described by God as a snake, not an angel, did tell Eve that before she ate and that was not a lie as her eyes were opened right after eating.

Regards
DL

Old 11-08-2011, 01:36 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,527 times
Jo-Jo, the narrative in Genesis 3 has a snake, or serpent, telling the woman certain half-truths.
1 - Nowhere does it even hint that the snake was an angel, or Satan. And please don't quote to me a NT verse that metaphorically makes a reference to Satan as the snake. It was a snake, that's all - a common Ancient Near Eastern character frequently blamed for robbing mankind of eternal life. See the snake in the Epic of Gilgamesh: he wasn't an angel or Satan there, either. He was merely a part of the story because the ancients thought snakes lived forever by molting their skins. The Genesis account gives another version of how humans lost immortality, and could even be said to reject the very idea of immortality as something to be desired.

2. The snake was not evil or wicked - he was "shrewd" or "subtle" - in Hebrew a play on words with the previous statement that the humans were "nude" or "naked". "Shrewd" and "nude" are fairly good translations to reflect that humorous word play in the original Hebrew. Seeing how the ancients thought snakes were intelligent and wise, the biblical author shows his literary skill here. Later interpretations may paint the snake as evil, or as Satan - but the biblical author did not.

3. The truthful part of the snakes comments was that the fruit would make them become like gods, knowing good and evil. The snake claims this, the narrator directly confirms this after the eyes of the two were opened, and Yahweh, himslf, confirms this later when he determines that the humns must be prevented from eating from the Tree of Life. It's all there in black or white, for anyone to read. Whether its true or not, this idea was being conveyed by the biblical author. Whether later interpretations changed the meaning does not affect the plain sense of the text. But don't take my word on all this - read it for yourself.

4. The majority of scholars agree that Yahweh is probably the correct vocalization of YHWH - not the antiquated Jehovah: there's not even a J in Hebrew. It just so happens that some languges pronounce J as our English or Hebrew Y. Thus, Jehovah is patently incorrect - even Insight Into The Scriptures points this out. I have to remember, though: the JW's scholarship is still stuck in the 1800s.

Now Jo-Jo: go read Gilgamesh (if you're allowed to), and then re-read the Genesis account, keeping in mind when it was written. Then you may be allowed to contribute something useful, besides typical "Woe is us: we lost paradise!" Jw polemics. Think for yourself for once.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
It is impossible for the wise to be harmless.

The wise will always hurt those who are not thinking correctly and are bright enough to recognize it.

The greatest mental anguish is to admit that you are wrong about a belief that you hold. That is why believers hide behind faith.
They do not want to face the pain of truth.
Faith, is self serving gratification of ego.

Regards
DL
It appears that the perpetual correctors understand the importance of truth, but often miss the acts of love and kindness.
Simply speaking, human beings tend to focus on the worst, rather than the best. And, they will promptly defend any thought,
not at variance with their own expectations, nor contrary to their own interests.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It appears that the perpetual correctors understand the importance of truth, but often miss the acts of love and kindness.
Simply speaking, human beings tend to focus on the worst, rather than the best. And, they will promptly defend any thought,
not at variance with their own expectations, nor contrary to their own interests.

Nice post....
I'm guilty of forgetting that, myself - frequently!

Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have to find your source, Jerwade!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:05 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times

Eve is just as much of a myth as the god thingy is. Mythological beasties, et al, are incapable of forming opinions.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post

Eve is just as much of a myth as the god thingy is. Mythological beasties, et al, are incapable of forming opinions.
Wow - do you use that same logic when discussing the characters in Shakespeare? Mellville? Animaniacs? I bet your teachers love you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality