Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Here's the fly in the ointment (or, to phrase it more appropriately, the worm in the apple): nobody ever said that there had to be a limit on the planet's population.

you'd^^^ think the god manuals} would have gone into great detail about that

when you buy a gas container, "it says do not fill pass line

when you buy a car or boat, it say's "maximum amount of passengers

if you buy a winch,, it say's "maximum load is__________

when building a skyscraper with concrete, one must know the psi of the concrete..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 11:08 AM

87 posts, read 87,248 times
Talking Wow cruxan you win you caught me in my sins giving praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
depends on what part of the globe you are born in^^^

what you been smoking?? god must love starving people and slavery.. lots of that happening nowdays.. always great to be born a starving slave..
Hello cruxan.

That's great that you mentioned that because what you describe is conditions and conditions do not remain the same.

I know this is a highly charge matter I will interject but where there is slavery there are freedom fighters (wise men and women, preachers, prophets, prophetess, etc (others call them heroes heroines etc)) trying to wake people up from their or that condition. In all countries from beginning of time to the end of time there will have servitude but like in the United States history, slavery could not persist because it was a condition not a permanent state.

cruxan what you see with your eyes may seem permanent but in reality with the use of history you will realize it is a condition. Unless you have a mean spirit and like to see it permanent.

I think the "loving" God knows the same, my witty friend. I could dump my favorite bible passages but I will try to speak plainly with worldly knowledge that one can know and find out for themselves.

Let me also add Ethiopia which was in a famine (starvation) in the early 1980's as depicted by the US media concerns and people's response to that. But Ethiopia was still blessed with population increase from that time forward. So that condition was not permanent. Somebody or something was blessing them with food and children from the earth (his Earth) when the people of the United States said "that's enough, they make me sick, I will change the TV channel to something more pleasing".

Cruxan you can give this entity, being, presense, whatever name you like. You can mock him and his ways. That's fine by me. I have no problem with you or anybody doing the same from this time until a new condition begins. To me nothing is new anyway. Maybe for somebody who wants to see things permanent.

Despite my dislike or liking of a situation God continues to bless man (humanity) on the earth (his Earth). It is what it is.

That's my thoughts on the matter.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:15 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
That's alarming news. The worst form of life to infest this planet keeps increasing.
Exactly.

I believe we have been way over 7 Billion years ago.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup Eli View Post
Hello cruxan.

That's great that you mentioned that because what you describe is conditions and conditions do not remain the same.

I know this is a highly charge matter I will interject but where there is slavery there are freedom fighters (wise men and women, preachers, prophets, prophetess, etc (others call them heroes heroines etc)) trying to wake people up from their or that condition. In all countries from beginning of time to the end of time there will have servitude but like in the United States history, slavery could not persist because it was a condition not a permanent state.

cruxan what you see with your eyes may seem permanent but in reality with the use of history you will realize it is a condition. Unless you have a mean spirit and like to see it permanent.

I think the "loving" God knows the same, my witty friend. I could dump my favorite bible passages but I will try to speak plainly with worldly knowledge that one can know and find out for themselves.

Let me also add Ethiopia which was in a famine (starvation) in the early 1980's as depicted by the US media concerns and people's response to that. But Ethiopia was still blessed with population increase from that time forward. So that condition was not permanent. Somebody or something was blessing them with food and children from the earth (his Earth) when the people of the United States said "that's enough, they make me sick, I will change the TV channel to something more pleasing".

Cruxan you can give this entity, being, presense, whatever name you like. You can mock him and his ways. That's fine by me. I have no problem with you or anybody doing the same from this time until a new condition begins. To me nothing is new anyway. Maybe for somebody who wants to see things permanent.

Despite my dislike or liking of a situation God continues to bless man (humanity) on the earth (his Earth). It is what it is.

That's my thoughts on the matter.

but there has been slavery and hunger since the bigining of mankind,, so in a sense it is {permanent}, it just chages location from time to time..

think about it,>> most people are associated with slavery in todays world,, the consumers buy products that are manufactured by slave labor,, and it's increasing not decreasing.. if you work for 1 to 2 dollars a day you are doing it out of pure desperation!! and their is a lot of big corperations willing to take addvantage of these billions of desperate people..it's a new form of slavery,!!! your realy (desperate) i will pay you a dollar a day to work 10 to 12 hour days.. is that not slavery.?? and as the worlds populus grows it will only get worse!!! hunger, greed, slavery, environmental degredation, species extintion pollution, climate change, death war, corruption, etc..

the earth has a limit!!! just like everything known has a limit..

don't you think the god of the bible and qu'ran would have gone into explicit details on the limits of population the earth can sustain.?? the bible to me incourages destruction of the planet,, all that believe in it think!! if they live by it's laws will go to the fairy tail land of heaven.. it says in the bible the end of days are coming,, so why would people want to live in a more sustainable way, if god is going to lay waste to life on this planet anyway.??

Old 11-11-2011, 06:42 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Don't worry about it! On April 13, 2029, an asteroid is going to come so close to Earth, it's actually going to pass below the level of our communication satellites. At least, that's what current calculations say. But right now it's out there in open space. If a small rock hits it--which is certainly a possibility--it could be nudged just a fraction off it's current course...and possibly collide directly with our home planet when it arrives.

That'll take care of some of the over-population.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:16 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Don't worry about it! On April 13, 2029, an asteroid is going to come so close to Earth, it's actually going to pass below the level of our communication satellites. At least, that's what current calculations say. But right now it's out there in open space. If a small rock hits it--which is certainly a possibility--it could be nudged just a fraction off it's current course...and possibly collide directly with our home planet when it arrives.

That'll take care of some of the over-population.
What a world.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 AM

87 posts, read 87,248 times
Talking Got to be plain speaking jane or james again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
but there has been slavery and hunger since the bigining of mankind,, so in a sense it is {permanent}, it just chages location from time to time..

think about it,>> most people are associated with slavery in todays world,, the consumers buy products that are manufactured by slave labor,, and it's increasing not decreasing.. if you work for 1 to 2 dollars a day you are doing it out of pure desperation!! and their is a lot of big corperations willing to take addvantage of these billions of desperate people..it's a new form of slavery,!!! your realy (desperate) i will pay you a dollar a day to work 10 to 12 hour days.. is that not slavery.?? and as the worlds populus grows it will only get worse!!! hunger, greed, slavery, environmental degredation, species extintion pollution, climate change, death war, corruption, etc..

the earth has a limit!!! just like everything known has a limit..

don't you think the god of the bible and qu'ran would have gone into explicit details on the limits of population the earth can sustain.?? the bible to me incourages destruction of the planet,, all that believe in it think!! if they live by it's laws will go to the fairy tail land of heaven.. it says in the bible the end of days are coming,, so why would people want to live in a more sustainable way, if god is going to lay waste to life on this planet anyway.??
Hello cruxan again.

I went over these points when I was confronted with them earlier in my precarious life. I indeed thought badly of the person(s) when they were approaching me in such a manner. But I learned really they were sharing with me something all that time but I wasn't thinking correctly before to realize it. I don't say it's an absolute truth just something that most of us on this earth do not think about in maintaining whatever lifestyle we desire from the earth. It certainly helped me though. Let me say my thanks again to let them know that their words have not been in vain. Sharing to me is aspects of being alive and I haven't heard anybody living or dead mention there is sharing in death.

Now if you are willing to share information and take heed to it then for the relationship to be confirmed it has to be received the same mutually. I've learned that's not the case at all. So I don't expect people to follow advice but do expect people willing to give advice about everything. That's how the world works for me. Please let me state I do not think badly of people because of it but it is what it is.

Now to answer you question using the knowledge of the world because of what I said beforehand will always be the case.

In those holy books there are answers to that question and the answer is that they will be forever. The earth below and everything above it. So the men of that bible who wrote accounts of men speaking the message from God have answered that question several times.

To me if they have said that answer several times means that your question is not new and it has been asked before in times before you yourself was born into this world.

So my advice to you is not to worry about it at all. I know you got things like I do to worry about like food, roof over your head, paying bills, etc. Focus this attention on that or maybe a mutual relationship. But for me there is more than even that but at least you don't have to repeat a question and concern yourself over an answer that has been said several times from those gods in the bible and the quran. For many of us, they just don't know what they are talking about.

Well what to do about population control if that is your worry?

Get a gun and as most American realize they have peace because no one is willing to mess with an armed man or woman. As long as I have a gun I can have peace in this world regardless of the problem. At least you can protect yourself and control the situation. At least you don't have to be a slave or in starvation. Unless you put down your gun. The world is already become like an American in this regard with the use of guns. So I don't think depopulation methods of past slavery and starvation will not happen like it did in the past. People do indeed get smarter or wiser from a bad experience.

Next, find likeminded people who think the same. Who you may ask?

Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The people behind this public display.

They have a purpose to answer your questions and they are always looking for recruits to help their cause. For me I don't see a mutual relationship forming but a hierarchy of lawgivers and law followers. Usually the law followers outnumber the lawgivers but the lawgivers have the more respect.

Since people are satisfied with slavery and hunger in the world they will most likely be satisfied with this hierarchy also. The question for me then is Why should I worry?

I gave you a plain talk without the bible but I'm really itching to go at this matter from a biblical perspective but I know how much flack wherever anybody speaks from that perspective gets so I think its best for people (all of us individuals to groups) to continue to make their own decision in the world they would like to live in. That's just me being mutual. Look at it this way there are Americans who are itching to pull the trigger of a gun but they too know how much flack it can cause. My way is no different from the other man's or woman's way. To me that's very interesting. And for me the people and the world itself is doing just that (making their own decision) because we have 7 billion people and still going up. I am truly happy for this.

That's my thoughts and joy over this matter.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
When God said in Genesis "Be fruitful and multiply", I doubt He meant "do so to the point where it threatens the rest of My creation" and/or "do so to the point of proving Malthus right"

And yes, Malthus does make sense, given this is a finite planet, which necessarily means finite resources. All the Green Revolution and more efficient agricultural techniques did was raise the "Malthus Limit" a bit. Doesn't mean it eliminated it.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
When God said in Genesis "Be fruitful and multiply", I doubt He meant "do so to the point where it threatens the rest of My creation" and/or "do so to the point of proving Malthus right"

And yes, Malthus does make sense, given this is a finite planet, which necessarily means finite resources. All the Green Revolution and more efficient agricultural techniques did was raise the "Malthus Limit" a bit. Doesn't mean it eliminated it.

the bible goes into explicit detail about the ark and many other things,,but yet not one person has ever seen the original stone tablets, that the 10 commandments are written on.. how could a god be so vague on the limits of population growth,??something that is so important!!! it just doesn't make sense.. wait a minute,!!!! it does make sense,, the bible and qu'ran were written by primitive man..

our modernday economies are based on growth, and soon the carring capacity of the earth will be met with some really scary scenarios,, so we better hurry up and start to figure out how to run an economy with zero growth,>> that is sustainable for what is left of the resources of planet earth.. you know you can only squeeze so many sardines in a can..

and as far as space goes, it isn't going to happen!! we will exhaust most of the resources way before we will be able to live in sapce without the aid of earth..

to me if you could put a percentage on our living in space capabilities>>> i would give us like 000000000000.1 as of rigth now.. we have a long, long long, way to go!! and as the world gets more overpopulated, which is happening at a tune of about 75 to 80 million sheoples a year,, the less funding their will be for space programs,, making (space) as an option even less viable for humankind..

just look at our little junker of a space station, that soon will have to be decommissioned... one only needs a pair of eyes to see where we are heading?? the only word that come to mind is >>scary!!!

Old 11-12-2011, 02:41 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,752 times
Well, we've made a little more room for ourselves by terminating another species. Pat on the back for us.

Western black rhino declared extinct - CNN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality