Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 01:51 PM

5 posts, read 15,259 times

Advertisements

There was a thread on here...55 pages long...It is closed so I wanted to start another one with my question.

I want to be a little more specific about what I am looking for in a church to see if anyone has any helpful suggestions.

I live West of Omaha...about 25 mins...so the further out west the better. Elkhorn or Gretna is Ok even.

I am looking for something that is bible based...but at the same time is contemporary enough to keep my attention. Years ago I went to a cpl of churches in NC that were so traditional it was just flat out hard to pay attention. I hope that doesnt sound like I am asking for a rock band and a seeker sensitive church...but I do need a preacher that will hold my attention some and music that is not lullaby's.

Also, I am not into a lot of the charismatic practices...I get uncomfortable with everyone holding thier hands in the sky all service etc. I dont know that I think there is anything wrong with it...just not my style. In the past I went to Southern Baptist Churches...SBC churches in North Carolina...not the same as in NE. lol.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 02:21 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,002,425 times
I can't be of much help for 2 reasons one because I am about 600 miles north of Omaha and 2 because I am not Christian and don't pay much attention to churches.

However I do have a few suggestions. Because of Offutt being in the region there is a large amount of diversity. I am certain that what you seek can be found in the Omaha region. I suggest you contact the Protestant Chapalin at Offutt and ask for suggestions. The base chaplains usually are quite familiar with the churches in the region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality