Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 10:34 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
You know, disrespecting others, making fun of them for their beliefs is against forum rules.

Stop trying to justfy killing a human life...
Stages of human development in the womb:
18 days - heart begins to beat.
21 days - pumps own blood through separate closed circulatory system with own blood type.
28 days - eye, ear and respiratory system begin to form.
42 days - brain waves recorded, skeleton complete, reflexes present.
7 weeks - photo of thumbsucking, pain sensors are evident
8 weeks - all body systems present.
9 weeks - squints, swallows, moves tongue, makes fist.
11 weeks - spontaneous breathing movements, has fingernails, all body systems working.
16 weeks - genital organs clearly differentiated, grasps with hands, swims, kicks, turns, somersaults, (still not felt by the mother.)
18 weeks - vocal cords work – can cry.

Furthermore, Chairman of the Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, said: "By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception."

A baby should not be forced to die because of a mother/father's lack of humane birth control.

You should've considered that when engaging in sex - the only 100% guaranteed birth control is ABSTINENCE. If you're not ready to get pregnant & morally handle it, then don't have sex.
It's not the baby's fault - so don't kill it.
If you saw all the 42,000,000 dead baby bodies killed by abortion each year, stacked up like holocaust victims - maybe then you'd realize what a sick trend this is.

So, you kill another life because of a burden caused by irresponsibility?
Do you realize how dysfunctional that thinking is?

Indeed. That is why many mothers give their baby the gift of BOTH LIFE & ADOPTION. There are many parents on waiting lists to adopt a baby.
It's not a BABY, it's alive, but is not fully a human being as it cannot survive on its own.

I think we should develop a method for implanting the fetus into a male body and have him carry it to term. Then we would see what you would say about abortion for real.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
For the record, I believe in a woman's right to choose, however, I believe her right to choose begins with the act that creates the pregnancy. So many woman want to talk about their right to make a choice but then don't want to take responsibility for the choices that they do make. If she choose to engage in the act that got her pregnant, than she had a choice in the matter. I know there are always extenuating circumstances, but we as a society really need to start looking at what stage we start examining and taking seriously the choices we make in life.
Sperm is responsible for pregnancies.
You know, from men.
But nice try making women sound like whores.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:45 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
1:If there are medical risks to the mother's life,.
2: If a woman becomes pregnant by rape or incest, maybe.
What if there is a indigent pregnant drug/alcohol addicted woman already with a couple/few kids....with a great possibility that she will birth a crack baby or one with fetal alcohol syndrome.
Let her abort or stop her?

What if a picture shows the fetus looks like this:
http://cdn.okcimg.com/php/load_okc_i..._cb94de6a_.png
Or this
Unusual fan shaped ossification in a female fetus with radiological features of boomerang dysplasia -- Odent et al. 36 (4): 330 -- Journal of Medical Genetics
Agree with aborting?
We are all probably aware of the statistics and percentages so don't bother. Just tell me if you would allow your exclusions to number 3 and/ or 4?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:52 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
You know, disrespecting others, making fun of them for their beliefs is against forum rules.
Oh please.....did I specifically say "you"? No, I didn't. By your terms, I could say you disrespected "me" by bad mouthing my belief in abortion and saying that I believe in murdering babies.

Stop trying to justfy killing a human life...
Stages of human development in the womb:
18 days - heart begins to beat.
21 days - pumps own blood through separate closed circulatory system with own blood type.
28 days - eye, ear and respiratory system begin to form.
42 days - brain waves recorded, skeleton complete, reflexes present.
7 weeks - photo of thumbsucking, pain sensors are evident
8 weeks - all body systems present.
9 weeks - squints, swallows, moves tongue, makes fist.
11 weeks - spontaneous breathing movements, has fingernails, all body systems working.
16 weeks - genital organs clearly differentiated, grasps with hands, swims, kicks, turns, somersaults, (still not felt by the mother.)
18 weeks - vocal cords work – can cry.

"11 weeks all body systems working".....then why can't it live on its own? Aren't these "facts" a tad biased? Nothing like playing it fast and loose with the facts.

Furthermore, Chairman of the Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, said: "By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception."

One man' biased take on developement. Just because something is alive doesn't mean it is a person.

A baby should not be forced to die because of a mother/father's lack of humane birth control.

What baby? Abortion removes an unwanted fetus from an unwilling host.

You should've considered that when engaging in sex - the only 100% guaranteed birth control is ABSTINENCE. If you're not ready to get pregnant & morally handle it, then don't have sex.
It's not the baby's fault - so don't kill it.
If you saw all the 42,000,000 dead baby bodies killed by abortion each year, stacked up like holocaust victims - maybe then you'd realize what a sick trend this is.

So, you kill another life because of a burden caused by irresponsibility?
Do you realize how dysfunctional that thinking is?

Not disfunctional at all. Throughout nature only the fit survive. A fetus cannot survive without the mother, therefore the mother takes precedence. Irresponsible? How is failed BC irresponsible? How is abortion irresponsible? You have a problem....you deal with it.

Indeed. That is why many mothers give their baby the gift of BOTH LIFE & ADOPTION. There are many parents on waiting lists to adopt a baby.

Adoption? How much are you willing to may me for 9 months of my time, my trouble, my labor? Why should I work for free to provide YOU with a product you desire? How about you pay me a salary of $50,000 for the nine months that I worked to make you a baby?

If an artist worked on a sculpture you desired for nine months....would you expect him to hand it over to you for free? If I work for nine months making you a baby, why shouldn't I get paid?

Last edited by Annie53; 11-27-2011 at 12:26 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
If there are medical risks to the mother's life, if she were to continue the pregnancy, then abortion may be necessary.
If a woman becomes pregnant by rape or incest, maybe also - however, some women would never have their baby killed - even then.

Oldcold, the distrubing aspect of abortion statistics - is that these cases which I'd consider abortion acceptable - only account for 7% of abortions performed.
93% of killing by abortion are because of inconvenient & unwanted pregnancy - irresponsible birth control by killing.
As Woodrow mentioned, what's most needed to solve this, is for people, starting as teens, to learn responsible sexual behavior.
Supersoul . . . I feel your pain and angst and sympathize with it completely. Abortion is a barbaric, immoral, heinous "non-solution" to an unwanted pregnancy. But it remains the mother's moral issue . . . not society's. While the locus is within the bounds of her own physical body, society should not be given any authority. Granted in our imperfect desire to dictate to others how to live we do violate those bounds . . . as in drug use, sex laws, etc. . . . but there is no reason to further add to those inappropriate societal intrusions on personal liberty without overwhelming societal justification.

Your appeal to responsibility and morality is correct . . . but pragmatically naive' . . . the God you may believe in couldn't restrain all human immorality, capriciousness and willfulness. How foolish to think we mere humans can do so by mere education and preaching. People will be people and nothing we do can ever change that. Focus on our own individual issues . . . absent overwhelming societal justification to do otherwise. In oother words . . . mind our own business until it involves actual violence or damage to existing members of society. We should only legally try to control the boundaries of human behavior that directly impinge on others.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:24 PM

701 posts, read 800,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
It's not a BABY, it's alive, but is not fully a human being as it cannot survive on its own.

I think we should develop a method for implanting the fetus into a male body and have him carry it to term. Then we would see what you would say about abortion for real.
Can a one month old baby, feed itself? Cloth itself? Shelter itself? If you were to leave a newborn somewhere without any other human being, that baby would die. A baby outside of the womb is no less dependent on another human being to survive than a baby inside the womb, the only difference is that the one outside the womb doesn't need a specific person to survive. So, at what age did you become a human being? At what age were you able to acquire your own food, prepare it, and then feed it to yourself? If being human means surviving on your own then their are a lot of nonhumans between the ages of 0 and 120 years old (many elderly and disabled people would not be able to survive on their own either)

Old 11-27-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Can a one month old baby, feed itself? Cloth itself? Shelter itself? If you were to leave a newborn somewhere without any other human being, that baby would die. A baby outside of the womb is no less dependent on another human being to survive than a baby inside the womb, the only difference is that the one outside the womb doesn't need a specific person to survive. So, at what age did you become a human being? At what age were you able to acquire your own food, prepare it, and then feed it to yourself? If being human means surviving on your own then their are a lot of nonhumans between the ages of 0 and 120 years old (many elderly and disabled people would not be able to survive on their own either)
The difference is.....after I feed a child or a disabled adult I can walk away and enjoy a cigarette and a martini.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:39 PM

701 posts, read 800,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The difference is.....after I feed a child or a disabled adult I can walk away and enjoy a cigarette and a martini.
So, pregnancy is bad because it forces you to be healthy for a change? To actually care about your own body, as well as the one inside you? Smoking destroys your lungs and alchohol destoys your mind and liver, yet you would rather destroy a fetus simply because it asks you to protect your lungs, liver, and mind for 9 months? It seams to be looking out for your well being more than you are.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
So, pregnancy is bad because it forces you to be healthy for a change? To actually care about your own body, as well as the one inside you? Smoking destroys your lungs and alchohol destoys your mind and liver, yet you would rather destroy a fetus simply because it asks you to protect your lungs, liver, and mind for 9 months? It seams to be looking out for your well being more than you are.
Good point. Why would you want to force someone to carry a pregnancy if they are not going to change their habits because of the fetus?

Do you really think someone is going to give up things that they enjoy because YOU force them to carry a pregnancy against their will?

For example, what if the "powers that be" decided meat was bad for a fetus? How would you like giving up eating meat for 9 months? How about TV sports? If you are an avid golfer....no more golf. Starting to see what it would be like? Yet, you seem to think it is no big deal when you expect a woman, who does not even want a pregnancy to begin with, to make all kinds of sacrifices.

Sure is easy to be an "arm chair quarterback".

Old 11-27-2011, 03:29 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,179 times
Nana,
Chairman of the Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, said: "By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality