Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2011, 07:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Well, Bideshi, seems that the US Supreme Court disagrees with you.

Don't want one, don't have one.
But you have no right to tell me what to do with my body.
The Supreme Court made a terrible, terrible decision when it legalized the murder of unborn innocent children.

Your right to your body does not give you the right to take another's life.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The Supreme Court made a terrible, terrible decision when it legalized the murder of unborn innocent children.

Oh please.
The Supreme Court chose not to interfere with the most basic of all rights, the right to our bodies.

If you hate it so much, act to change it or move to a country that forbids it; Iran comes to mind.

Unborn innocent children - well, you got one thing right... unborn. As in not viable.
You know, the ones most of those on your "side" protect, until the time that they are born.
Then, they're on their own.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:11 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Murder is no one's "right".
It is only murder when it is unlawful. Abortion is legal.

Quote:
Abortion is "right" only when the choice is between losing the baby or the mother.
Until that child can live without my womb it is MY right to decide whether it lives or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Well, Bideshi, seems that the US Supreme Court disagrees with you.

Don't want one, don't have one.
But you have no right to tell me what to do with my body.
Exactly chielgirl. There appears to be a lot of nosy people who think they have a right to your reproductive decisions. They should mind their own business.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:18 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
A woman raped should not have to suffer any more than she already has but a woman whose entire life is going to have to change gets no sympathy........and the baby is expendable in this case.
A woman who is raped has sex against her will, & conceives against her will is very different from a woman who has sex willingly & conceives. A woman who was raped will have nightmares & untold anxiety, social problems & depression because of the rape (I know because I've been raped). I know women who've been raped, became pregnant as a result & still chose to keep the baby, or give their baby the gift of adoption. Yet, it's understandable if her continuing the pregnancy would cause more mental illness & she would decide to not continue.

The statistics on abortions caused because of medical issues/rape/incest are only 7%. This group is not who I'm most concerned about. I'm concerned about the 93% of abortions caused because the pregnancy was "inconvenient" - justifying killing based on a couple's lack of sexual responsibility.

Also, if a baby is shown to have severe problems & will likely not survive - then nature tend to naturally miscarry. Sometimes the mother is told to abort with the reason the child will have some type of problem - yet some mothers will continue life anyway, as Andrea Boseli's mother did...

Andrea Bocelli tells a "little story" about abortion. - YouTube

Old 11-28-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Women & men have the right to have sex or to not have sex.
Women & men do NOT have the moral right to choose the consequences by killing a human being.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Wow!! Selfish much? Hmmmm, go without meat for 9 months or give a person life? let me think. No sports for 9 months or give a person life? Hmmm yeah that seems like a tough call.

I never want to trivialise what a woman goes through during 9 months of pregnancy, but please don't trivialise the process that creates life. Women have the power to give life, and that is an awesome responsibility. If you don't want that responsibility, than it should be your right to have a procedure done that takes away that ability. If not than you have to be more responsible with what you do with your body. The same goes for men, if they don't want to have the ability to create life than they should see to it that their ability to create life is removed. If they do not then they too need to be far more mindful of what they do with their body as well.
Well put!

RESPONS-ABILITY - is not about being reactive, but proactive.
When someone is behaving responsibly sexually, they consider the possibility of pregnancy & if they are not ready to become a parent, they "respond" by ensuring that a pregnancy is not created in the first place.
They DO NOT kill a life because of their IRRESPONSIBILITY.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:32 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,371,160 times
Quote:
Murder is no one's "right".
Nor is anyone claiming it is. But labeling something that is not murder AS murder does not suddenly make you right and them wrong. Nor does calling a fetus a "child". You are just playing with labels now. This is no more useful (or honest) than Supersouls tactic of playing with pictures.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
That is straight from the dictionary. Fetus does not mean, non-human, or non-baby, it simply notes the stage of a babies developement.

Based on your reasoning some parents would argue that killing their unwanted children is better than putting them up for adoption or just abandoning them. Tell yourself whatever you want, but killing a fetus is killing a child, it just accomplishes it at an earlier stage of the developement process.
Good point.
I wonder the motivation behind justifying killing babies by abortion.
Maybe it feels better to tell themselves that because they can't hear their baby cry (at 18 weeks they have lung capacity to cry - yet of course can't be heard in amniotic fluid/water) the baby couldn't think or feel - that he/she was just a bunch of cells - when deep down it's known otherwise. If someone actually aborted/killed their baby, & they called it like it is (a human life) then maybe it would be too painful, so they keep telling themselves all type of justifications to avoid feeling pain. Yet, in the process, they are spreading lies, that may encourage others to abort & later regret as much, or if they're more honest, more than they do.

Stages of human development in the womb:
18 days - heart begins to beat.
21 days - pumps own blood through separate closed circulatory system with own blood type.
28 days - eye, ear and respiratory system begin to form.
42 days - brain waves recorded, skeleton complete, reflexes present.
7 weeks - photo of thumbsucking, pain sensors are evident
8 weeks - all body systems present.
9 weeks - squints, swallows, moves tongue, makes fist.
11 weeks - spontaneous breathing movements, has fingernails, all body systems working.
16 weeks - genital organs clearly differentiated, grasps with hands, swims, kicks, turns, somersaults, (still not felt by the mother.)
18 weeks - vocal cords work – can cry.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Also, if a baby is shown to have severe problems & will likely not survive - then nature tend to naturally miscarry. Sometimes the mother is told to abort with the reason the child will have some type of problem - yet some mothers will continue life anyway, as Andrea Boseli's mother did...
Actually you mispaint a few things here.

Firstly many miscarriages happen for no apparent reason at all. It is not anything to do with a fetus that the body somehow "knows" is not going to survive. Some simply do not take.

Secondly the "Look at this great person who was not aborted but could have been" argument is pointless. The reverse argument is also true. Look at all the bad people who could have been aborted and were not. You are... just like with the pictures you post... playing the emotional arguments in place of the rational ones you do not have.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
at 18 weeks they have lung capacity to cry
So, technically, does a balloon. What is your point? Again just because something is human shaped or can perform basic human functions, this does not make it "human" in any meaningful sense. A corpse also has the lung capacity to cry too remember, but I do not see you giving rights to corpses.

Quote:
Stages of human development in the womb:
You tried this trick earlier in the thread too and were corrected on it. Comical therefore that you accuse OTHERS of spreading lies. Your "Stages" are deliberately vague and misleading. For example your claim about "brain waves" and "pain sensors" is massively misleading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality