Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:38 AM

8 posts, read 7,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You guys are great.

I have no problems with any of you disagreeing with Islam as 99.99% of you disagree with honesty and with valid questions. I believe there has only been one member who seems to have a personal biased grudge against Islam.

But, except for the one he/she/it all of you have been fair in your disagreements and do post sources for the reasons you disagree.

I do not expect everybody to see eye to eye with us Muslims. But, I am a strong believer we can disagree in peace and without Malice.

Thanks all of you, for verifying my belief that we can disagree without anger.

Abdullah Muhammad (aka Woodrow LI)

Excellent
This is what the Islamic religion calls us to him and Muhammad peace be upon him is to always be tolerant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 12:43 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Ah . . . my brother Wood . . . if only all Muslims were like you this world would be a more peaceful place. Unfortunately . . . you are definitely an outlier IMO. You know that I can never countenance ANY religion using human sanctions and enforcement for God's desires. If we do not accept and adhere voluntarily . . . that is between each of us and God . . . not a religion or its enforcement regime. But I love you brother . . . you are a credit to Islam (just wish you were more typical).

Old 11-12-2011, 01:37 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah . . . my brother Wood . . . if only all Muslims were like you this world would be a more peaceful place. Unfortunately . . . you are definitely an outlier IMO. You know that I can never countenance ANY religion using human sanctions and enforcement for God's desires. If we do not accept and adhere voluntarily . . . that is between each of us and God . . . not a religion or its enforcement regime. But I love you brother . . . you are a credit to Islam (just wish you were more typical).
People are people my Brother. Everybody is an individual. There are radicals going under the name of every religion. Sadly, it is always the trouble makers who make the news and get seen as being representative of a Faith.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:47 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Quote:
You guys are great.

I have no problems with any of you disagreeing with Islam as 99.99% of you disagree with honesty and with valid questions. I believe there has only been one member who seems to have a personal biased grudge against Islam.

But, except for the one he/she/it all of you have been fair in your disagreements and do post sources for the reasons you disagree.

I do not expect everybody to see eye to eye with us Muslims. But, I am a strong believer we can disagree in peace and without Malice.

Thanks all of you, for verifying my belief that we can disagree without anger.

Abdullah Muhammad (aka Woodrow LI)
If I knew you in the real world I would be honored to call you friend.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:15 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
You mean......... O...................M....................G!!!!

This ISN'T The Real World?

Help me, Woodrow, in my hour of spiritual need!

(PS: you've been an eye opener for me as well. You've done the brotherhood proud, esp. that post about the language and lyrical aspects of the written & spoken Qu'Ran. How DID that come to be, after all?)

Old 11-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You mean......... O...................M....................G!!!!

This ISN'T The Real World?

Help me, Woodrow, in my hour of need!
Don't worry Rifleman, The resident troll with many names should be here before long and bring everything back to the real world.

We must have a resident troll. Every self respecting forum has one. Can't have a forum if everybody is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
(PS: you've been an eye opener for me as well. Esp. that post about the language and lyrical aspects of The written & spoken Qu'Ran. How DID that come to be, after all?)
If you get a chance to learn Arabic, it gets more remarkable. It really is incomprehensible as to how could have been written by a Human. It is like the voice is played as a musical instrument, yet the words form full sentences and make sense.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:16 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I think most of the people on the R&P thread are awesome. I don't think I would have learned as much as I have in regards to religion and philosophy without them.
And hopefuly you have checked in to evrything you have learned here through other sources as well.....

Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And hopefuly you have checked in to evrything you have learned here through other sources as well.....
Good point. Always verify all things through as many sources as possible. People are human and us humans do make errors. Each of us carries with us the responsibility of verifying that which we believe to be true is really true.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Good point. Always verify all things through as many sources as possible. People are human and us humans do make errors. Each of us carries with us the responsibility of verifying that which we believe to be true is really true.
And we all have our own personal beliefs and opinions which leads us to leave out facts that might not support our viewpoint.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:20 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
I believe there has only been one member who seems to have a personal biased grudge against Islam.
Well if this is a thread to get a dig in at that "one" member then so be it. However from my perspective I see no utility in having a grudge against any one religion in particular. The main religions all have the same fault and so I am against them all equally.

The fact is that these religions all share the same core claim: The existence of god. This claim is not just slightly, but ENTIRELY unsubstantiated and appears for all intents and purposes to simply be made up.

Therefore I do not care whether it is Christianity or Islam or the Jews... they are all espousing the same nonsense, based on the same lies, and likely for the same reasons.

As someone who has recognised these claims are unsubstantiated I simply do not have the option to deride any one religion more than another. The only thing I would say about Islam is that its adherents are clearly easier to offend, and more likely to respond to that offence with senseless violence, in our world today than some of their counterparts in other religions. This is of course a problem, but likely a problem more for other Muslims to deal with cleaning up their own house than it is for people like myself.

It is a threat however that I am glad to see at least some people are not bowing before.

That and, of course, the fact that for some reason there is an inordinate amount of muslims coming on to this forum, making 1... sometimes 2 posts... giving themselves rep points using sock puppets, then leaving never to be seen again. Why they are doing this I have NO idea. Why they insist on doing it in unreadable and purely awful english I also do not know. Such people must realise they are doing more harm to their own cause than good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality